PDA

View Full Version : Time for a new racket

gorhamtennis
11-01-2008, 09:09 AM
Hey I am in the market for a new racket. I am defenitly a baseliner. I will be #1 on my HS team and need to elevate my game. I am looking at the MG PRESTIGE MP and MG radrical pro. The specs seem to be nearly the same. Does anyone have any opinions on what racket to invest in? Any help would be greatly apprectiated. Thanks

furyoku_tennis
11-01-2008, 11:41 AM
what are you currently playing with? based on the two racquets you're looking at, i would recommend the MG Prestige Pro.

game set match 46 TIMES!!
11-01-2008, 11:44 AM
the prestige mp has a 18/20 string pattern which is fine but 16/19 gets lots of spin i would tell you to get the k blade 98 or the prestige pro...

Matty G
11-01-2008, 11:51 AM
the prestige mp has a 18/20 string pattern which is fine but 16/19 gets lots of spin i would tell you to get the k blade 98 or the prestige pro...

The k blade also has a 18/20

game set match 46 TIMES!!
11-01-2008, 12:02 PM
The k blade also has a 18/20

but it is a power stop...

gorhamtennis
11-01-2008, 02:39 PM
what are you currently playing with? based on the two racquets you're looking at, i would recommend the MG Prestige Pro.

I am currently using an o3 white and I hit everything long. I strung it around 54. I will look into the pro. Thanks for the quick reply

racquetjunkie
11-01-2008, 02:47 PM
maybe it is not the racquet. the recommended tension range for the O3 White is 53-63. Maybe 54 is too low hence your hitting long. Or maybe it is technique?

fuzz nation
11-01-2008, 02:59 PM
Depending on the type of string that you use, I'd recommend a tension of at least 60 lbs. with that racquet unless you're using poly or kevlar.

In terms of a switch, you've got a little time to settle in with a new frame before the spring season cranks up - if you've never used it before, I highly recommend the TW demo program. One racquet that you might want to check up on, since you're already familiar with Prince, is their Ozone Tour. It's a little heavier and also a bit more flexible than your present stick, so I'd expect you to get a higher dose of control with that one. I'm also a big fan of the O3 Hybrid Tour - might be a bigger jump in heft than you're looking for, but you might want to try and test drive one.

If you're really into those MG's from Head, get hold of some demos and find out which one is the best fit. Both racquets are potentially terrific. In terms of elevating your game, it wouldn't hurt to get one or two good lessons under your belt over the winter to keep your habits building in the right direction.

aaron 3000
11-01-2008, 03:40 PM
I suggest the PURE STORM TOUR

http://images.cabe22.multiply.com/image/4/photos/57/600x600/9/Logo%20Babolat.jpg?et=ojWOhea6IWq09ZQVuB0yOQ&nmid= 86202520

Xtreme
11-01-2008, 04:07 PM
go for a MG Extreme Pro

gorhamtennis
11-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Depending on the type of string that you use, I'd recommend a tension of at least 60 lbs. with that racquet unless you're using poly or kevlar.

In terms of a switch, you've got a little time to settle in with a new frame before the spring season cranks up - if you've never used it before, I highly recommend the TW demo program. One racquet that you might want to check up on, since you're already familiar with Prince, is their Ozone Tour. It's a little heavier and also a bit more flexible than your present stick, so I'd expect you to get a higher dose of control with that one. I'm also a big fan of the O3 Hybrid Tour - might be a bigger jump in heft than you're looking for, but you might want to try and test drive one.

If you're really into those MG's from Head, get hold of some demos and find out which one is the best fit. Both racquets are potentially terrific. In terms of elevating your game, it wouldn't hurt to get one or two good lessons under your belt over the winter to keep your habits building in the right direction.

thanks for the advice i will def. try the demo program. I looked at the prices and the reviews are pretty sick. i appreciate the suggestions. thanks

daveyboy
11-01-2008, 07:35 PM
If you're hitting for Gorham, ME, shoot me an e-mail (nightandday4@yahoo.com). I might be able to pull some strings and get you a package deal with Fischer. I go back about 20 years with the girls' coach, and at least 10 with the boy's coach.