PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop M-Fil 200 18x20

LanEvo
11-01-2008, 09:17 AM
can u guys tell me how this racquet plays? pros and cons, i have tried a search and have found minimal information on it, i got offered one of these for cheap, and id love some feedback on thsi racquet

mtommer
11-01-2008, 10:26 AM
can u guys tell me how this racquet plays? pros and cons, i have tried a search and have found minimal information on it, i got offered one of these for cheap, and id love some feedback on thsi racquet

It plays solid. However, it is also a very unforgiving racquet. You have to setup in time to hit a ball with good pace and depth. Otherwise you'll either be hitting out of bounds, into the net, or hit a ball that is easy for your opponent to put away for a winner.

VillaVilla
11-02-2008, 07:00 PM
The Dunlop M-Fil 200 18x20 is quite heavy, 340g stock weight. Make sure you can handle the weight before purchasing it.

smirker
11-03-2008, 06:15 AM

Had one for a while but sold it as it was too demanding as an every day racquet for me. Nice solid feel but not enough spin for me to control the power. Nice serving racquet.

Matt21
11-03-2008, 07:31 AM
It hit a heavy ball but I never could seem to find a tension that worked optimally for me. It was either always too stiff or too springy. I couldn't seem to find that sweet spot on a regular basis. All in all, this is one of those frames I'd put up there with the Wilson NSixOne Tour: they just didn't get it right.

If you want a good 18x20 Dunlop, try to find one of the old yellow-n-black Hotmelt 200G frames. That was the best one in recent years that Dunlop put out. I sold mine when I bought an AeroGel 200 and was sorry I did.

PimpMyGame
11-03-2008, 07:46 AM
It hit a heavy ball but I never could seem to find a tension that worked optimally for me. It was either always too stiff or too springy. I couldn't seem to find that sweet spot on a regular basis. All in all, this is one of those frames I'd put up there with the Wilson NSixOne Tour: they just didn't get it right.

If you want a good 18x20 Dunlop, try to find one of the old yellow-n-black Hotmelt 200G frames. That was the best one in recent years that Dunlop put out. I sold mine when I bought an AeroGel 200 and was sorry I did.

Have you tried the 200G MW, and if so how does it compare to the HM? There is a shop local to me selling off HMs for Ģ50 apiece, cheap for a quality new racket in the UK and I've wondered about buying one or two. I love the MW but they're difficult to get hold of so am looking for something similar.

rev200g
11-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Here are my impressions when I demo'd the Aerogel and the M-fil 200 and compared it to my Revelation 200gs and Muscle Weave 200g a couple of months ago (I have not tried the Hotmelt 200g yet):

"Well, I had the 18x20 version out on demo and was able to compare it to my Revelation 200g, Muscleweave 200g and a M-fil 200. I would have to say that it plays very similar to the Muscleweave. It is a very comfortable racquet to play with. There is plenty of feel and solidity but is slightly more head light than the Muscleweave. Definitely a player's racquet where you must take full swings at the ball to get the most out of it.

Having said that, my Revelation 200g is still my favourite. It is stiffer and more responsive for me. I can handle hard and heavy shots better with the Rev than the other 2. It still retains good feel for the ball on volleys and more delicate shots.

The M-fil 200 felt the most different with a more heavy head balance. It was more powerful due to this but felt more mute than the others. Very good plowthrough and stability but just less agile.

My 2 cents! Cheers!"

Cal_Sports
11-03-2008, 12:12 PM
I'd say look into the M-fil200+. It is slightly lighter, has a slightly bigger headsize (97sq in), and a more open string pattern (16x19). It's also really cheap at $70 from TW.

LanEvo
11-03-2008, 02:05 PM
I'd say look into the M-fil200+. It is slightly lighter, has a slightly bigger headsize (97sq in), and a more open string pattern (16x19). It's also really cheap at $70 from TW.

i have that one and tried it, not stable enough compared to my mfil 300s, so im lookin into trying an mfil 200 18x20, now and weight really isnt an issue as i can swing my k90 around all day

mtommer
11-03-2008, 04:50 PM
i have that one and tried it, not stable enough compared to my mfil 300s, so im lookin into trying an mfil 200 18x20, now and weight really isnt an issue as i can swing my k90 around all day

It's pretty stable in stock form. I found it more stable than the M-Fil 300. It has been awhile since I hit with the 200 in stock form though.

B.B.
02-10-2009, 10:42 AM
It plays solid. However, it is also a very unforgiving racquet. You have to setup in time to hit a ball with good pace and depth. Otherwise you'll either be hitting out of bounds, into the net, or hit a ball that is easy for your opponent to put away for a winner.

Hi

I have 3 m-fil 200 myself and I am wondering how you have placed the lead on yours? I love the frame but I sometimes miss a more stable feel in the head. I tried som lead at 3 and 9 didnīt like it. Then I tried adding 6 grams to the handle and this was much better...

Whatīs your thoughts and advise on leading the m-fil 200?

VillaVilla
02-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Does anybody know what type of string the stock string the M-Fil 200 18x20 is?
It's called Dunlop M-Fil Tour.

Anybody have any more info on it?

LanEvo
03-18-2009, 10:30 AM
Does anybody know what type of string the stock string the M-Fil 200 18x20 is?
It's called Dunlop M-Fil Tour.

Anybody have any more info on it?

yes, its a multifilament, 16g