PDA

View Full Version : I heart RQiS 1 Tour <3

TonLars
11-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Ive been testing some racquets out lately just for the fun of it. Ive been using the Flexpoint Radical Oversize for a few years now. Figured since alot of players at my level use smaller head size and higher weight id give some a go and see what its like. Found a few that felt pretty good, but nothing beat the way my current racquet felt. Today I hit with the RQiS 1 tour for the first time. How sexy it was. This racquet might become my new girlfriend if I didnt know any better. I am almost positive I am going to make the switch within a month or two. I highly recommend this racquet as a control racquet in the mid-size, is labled as pretty heavy (almost 12oz I think) but it doesnt feel any heavier than my Radical so you can swing it through just fine on the heavy and fast incoming shots, and the flexibility as well seems to be similar to my radical; something I liked and maybe is the biggest factor for me in the feel of the racquet as opposed to most of the other racquets I tried being heavy but much stiffer. I feel like I can hit as hard as I want and it is not going to miss or go long unless I really make a mistake. I havent served with it yet and have a feeling it will lack pop. My hitting partner said it seemed my shots werent coming in quite as fast, but Ill sacrifice that little bit for the control and feeling of not being able to hit a ball out that Im getting.

takl23
11-01-2008, 02:46 PM
No arguments here mate. I switched from Babolat Pure Drives. I want to get like 15 of these frames. I have plenty of power so I'm not lacking in that department. Try the Yonex 850 string. You'll find it's a great match for the 1.

Cheers,

Tim

[d]ragon
11-01-2008, 03:25 PM
The RQiS Tour 1 is a very nice stick with a nice soft feel. I suggest trying some lead tape in order to get abit more pop, especially on the serve where pop was definitely lacking.

SFrazeur
11-01-2008, 04:18 PM
It is a great racquet = Understatement.

-SF