PDA

View Full Version : Which Wilson Player's Frame???

jtms
11-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Need some help please. I have been out of tennis for 10+ years and I am starting to get back into it. I played on a full ride D1 and I have a very aggressive game with a big serve and big forehand.

I have tried all of the Babalot's and they are great frames, but I feel they lack in the feedback dept. I have pretty much narrowed it down to Wilson. This is all that I have every played and I pretty much feel at home with these sticks.

I am trying the N Blade Tour(93) and the N Six One 95. Any other Wilson sticks I should try? I like both of these a lot and would be happy with either one, but I want to make sure I am not missing a "must hit" Wilson frame.

T

treblings
11-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Need some help please. I have been out of tennis for 10+ years and I am starting to get back into it. I played on a full ride D1 and I have a very aggressive game with a big serve and big forehand.

I have tried all of the Babalot's and they are great frames, but I feel they lack in the feedback dept. I have pretty much narrowed it down to Wilson. This is all that I have every played and I pretty much feel at home with these sticks.

I am trying the N Blade Tour(93) and the N Six One 95. Any other Wilson sticks I should try? I like both of these a lot and would be happy with either one, but I want to make sure I am not missing a "must hit" Wilson frame.

T

i particularly like the nblade. a new PS Sampras frame is coming out soon(threads all over the place), which might be worth waiting for.
also i would advice you to demo as many wilson player rackets as you can get your hands on.

Blask
11-01-2008, 03:22 PM

T

Your situation sounds a lot like mine from a year ago. I tried a lot of different racquet, basically everything out there. I settled on the K six-one 16 X 18. It's a solid frame if you generate your own power and provides plenty of feedback. Give it a hit

Cheers!

jtms
11-01-2008, 03:38 PM
Your situation sounds a lot like mine from a year ago. I tried a lot of different racquet, basically everything out there. I settled on the K six-one 16 X 18. It's a solid frame if you generate your own power and provides plenty of feedback. Give it a hit

Cheers!

I tried the X version (extended) and really liked it but I think the standard is going to be more up my ally. The Sampras frame sounds good but if it is a 88 inch head I will not be interested. My days of playing 90 or smaller heads are over.

So are the N blade and K Six one pretty much the main player's sticks?

AznRamenDude
11-01-2008, 05:29 PM
Could always give the kpro's a try. not a "player" stick, but pretty close. there are some great reviews of them.

phoenicks
11-01-2008, 06:50 PM

T

you sure it's N blade tour??? there's only K blade tour or N blade ( 98 or 106 )

kimbahpnam
11-01-2008, 06:59 PM
how about a K Blade Tour?

tennisfreak15347
11-01-2008, 07:03 PM
try the Kblade Tour, 93 sq inch. I highly suggest demoing the K-six-one (16 x 19 ) or ( 18 x 20 ) patterns. As for me, I prefer dense patterns, which would lead me towards the 18 x 20. They are both excellent frames, and I believe that they have some built-in weights at the sides of the frame ( 3' and 9' oclock) which is nice, and gives it a very solid feel.

pfchang
11-01-2008, 11:14 PM
try the Kblade Tour, 93 sq inch. I highly suggest demoing the K-six-one (16 x 19 ) or ( 18 x 20 ) patterns. As for me, I prefer dense patterns, which would lead me towards the 18 x 20. They are both excellent frames, and I believe that they have some built-in weights at the sides of the frame ( 3' and 9' oclock) which is nice, and gives it a very solid feel.

i think that's what the OP meant when he said nblade tour originally.

Duzza
11-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Yeah nSix One 95 or even kSix One (not that much a fan of) would be a brilliant frame for you to start on getting into the game again. They perform well while also showing you any errors you may be making.

jtms
11-02-2008, 08:17 AM
Sorry, I think I got the terms mixed up. Can they make the racquet names any more confusing?

I did try the Blade 93 Tour. I liked it but it was a bit light. I have tried the K Six One 95 and I like it A LOT. Very solid racquet. I hit the 16x18 string pattern which generated a ton of spin and didn't really sacrifice control. I am use to a 18x20 string pattern like I have on my Pro Staff, so I will try that one next. Is the K Six One everyone is talking about the Federer racquet? Are these the sticks I should evaluate:

1. K Six One 95 - have tried and love
2. Blade Tour 93 - have tried and like
3. Blade 98 - next on list
4. K Six One 90(Federer racquet) - is this the one every one is talking about. If so, I think my days of playing 90 inch heads are over.

jtms
11-02-2008, 08:23 AM
Sorry, I think I got the terms mixed up. Can they make the racquet names any more confusing?

I did try the Blade 93 Tour. I liked it but it was a bit light. I have tried the K Six One 95 and I like it A LOT. Very solid racquet. I hit the 16x18 string pattern which generated a ton of spin and didn't really sacrifice control. I am use to a 18x20 string pattern like I have on my Pro Staff, so I will try that one next. Is the K Six One everyone is talking about the Federer racquet? Are these the sticks I should evaluate:

1. K Six One 95 - have tried and love
2. K Blade Tour 93 - have tried and like
3. K Blade 98 - next on list
4. K Six One 90(Federer racquet) - is this the one every one is talking about. If so, I think my days of playing 90 inch heads are over.

I just looked up the actual racquets to make sure I am getting the K and N correct. Everyone I have played is in the K line. Isn't the N line an older frame? On another note, I have tried all the Babalot racquets and not really a fan. Not a whole lot of feedback, but REALLY powerful sticks.