PDA

View Full Version : Broke a Racket!?

herosol
11-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Anyways I managed to slightly crack open my old Pure Storm that i bought for like 35 dollars.

I leaded the thing to a good 11.7oz? With relatively small headlightness, and soft polyester strings. The thing is that after playing with this and my APDC for awhile, i've come to like this mores solid feeling of a smaller beam and 98 sq. in head racket.

Now getting a new racket, i like to buy "new" things, and would prefer not to buy the same racket despite the new pure storm looking a bit different.

I've looked into rackets such as:

Yonex RDS001 Mid+
Head Microgel Prestige Pro

Do you guys have any other recommendations?
I play a medium-spin game with a 2handed backhand. I can volley well, but im not much of an all courter. I kinda just put pressure with baseline ralleys. I'm prefer the solid hits versus the excess spin, and i have relatively compact strokes.

aaron 3000
11-01-2008, 11:52 PM
try the aerostorm. its 98 sq.in. its the halfway point between the aeropro drive and the pure storm..it'll be an easy transition

pfchang
11-01-2008, 11:56 PM
i get the idea of your general style, but would you like out of your new stick?

like what kind of feel, patterns, whatever.

herosol
11-02-2008, 12:01 AM
i get the idea of your general style, but would you like out of your new stick?

like what kind of feel, patterns, whatever.

feel is definitely the "solid" feel in comparison to light rackets with their often soft-feel with big spin capabilities. I think i have enough ability to prolly supply most of the pace.

Pattern-wise, I don't have a settled Open or Closed Preference, but i think open does suit me better sometimes.

Im okay with extended-lengths, but would prefer the normal 27in. Going past 98 is fine, but really no more then 100. And im down to head back into 12oz categories as well.

pfchang
11-02-2008, 12:17 AM
Kblade Tour i think is great in terms of feel, control. precision and accuracy are almost second to none.

i'd avoid princes and some babolats as the tech they have mutes feel a bit.

K90 could be nice too, i actually think it has some more power than the KBT, but this can depend on your string setup.

don't really know too much about head sticks, but comparing the KBT and the FXP prestige mid, KBT won out in terms of feel for me.