PDA

View Full Version : Are large sports store rackets bad...??

Ballinbob
11-02-2008, 08:11 AM
I bought a head liquidmetal 4.5 racket recently and love it. I looked o around though and found it was a special make up for large sports stores and that it was all power no accuracy. I decided to change this and added lead tape to make the racket head light and then put luxilon strings for added spin, and the racket was great. I've tried the authentic rackets (I don't know what else to call them) and they are good rackets no doubt. I just don't see whats so bad about the large sports store ones? The frame seems pretty good as well, hits fine and everything.

Anyway, your thoughts on this?

i8myshirt
11-02-2008, 08:14 AM
Well, many people will say it doesn't matter as long as you like it, and I agree. As long as you're not getting ripped off by price or anything, it's all good.

Element54
11-02-2008, 08:16 AM
As long as you know what your comfortable with, and its suitable for your game (tweener racket, players racket, heady-heavy, head-light etc) it will be fine.

Ballinbob
11-02-2008, 08:19 AM
Well, many people will say it doesn't matter as long as you like it, and I agree. As long as you're not getting ripped off by price or anything, it's all good.

That's what I thought too. The store was closing down when I bought it so I got like a 70% discount lol.

Mansewerz
11-02-2008, 08:27 AM
You may not be able to find grommets for them.

[d]ragon
11-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Some of the frames they sell there are cheap and low quality. But some of them are were once "authentic" (for lack of a better term, some places call them performance vs recreational sticks) but the line was replaced and they just sell them at lower prices. Example: the LM Radicals

Ballinbob
11-02-2008, 10:23 AM
ragon;2833937']Some of the frames they sell there are cheap and low quality. But some of them are were once "authentic" (for lack of a better term, some places call them performance vs recreational sticks) but the line was replaced and they just sell them at lower prices. Example: the LM Radicals

Yeah, great example. I saw some LM radicals there too for pretty good prices. While its true there alot of bad frames and rackets there, they will usually have a small section with the nicer rackets and frames

Dave M
11-02-2008, 10:57 AM
You may not be able to find grommets for them.

All you gotta do is figure out what they are based on, or take it to a pro shop and let them sort it out.

Ballinbob
11-02-2008, 02:54 PM
All you gotta do is figure out what they are based on, or take it to a pro shop and let them sort it out.

Are grommets like accessories? That's a fancy word for me lol