PDA

View Full Version : Former Prestige mid users

crash
11-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Out of curiosity, I'd like to know about former head prestige mid users.

Why did you switch ? Which racquet did you switch to and what were the good and bad effects of your new stick ?

I've played with a prestige mid (pc600 and i.prestige) for many years and I'm now looking to switch and I thought your input could help me.

Matty G
11-02-2008, 11:08 AM
I played with the fxp version . I loved the frame i just never conected with it(if i can put it thet way). My first and second serve just didnt grove with it. I have moved on to the aerogel 200 and am loving it , buying my third this week!

What are you looking for in your new raquet?

m1stuhxsp4rk5
11-02-2008, 01:04 PM
i used the pc600 for awhile i loved the frame and almost everything about it. the flex was awesome and the feel. my first serves were bombs. on the second serve i couldnt get the spin i want. i went to the k90. it is awesome serving is great and i can get that nice topspin on the second serve. i do miss the feel i got from the prestige though

Speedygonzalez
11-02-2008, 02:05 PM
I use iprestige mid and pc600 once in a while. Currently playing with PT630. Bigger sweetspot and easier to hit topspin cross court shots.

pauliecarzz
11-02-2008, 07:16 PM
used pc600 and microgel mid. went back and forth with prstige MP FXP and LM, also used the tecnifibre 310, loved the forgiveness and it demanded less of me BUT i Missed the feel of the Prstige so im back playing with the MG mid. its an addiction and everyone on here has probably gone back to the prestige at one point or another...good luck with rehab..lol

aaron 3000
11-02-2008, 07:47 PM
i used to play with an i.prestige.

way too unforgiving. im under-qualified for such an advanced racquet. i do manage to appreciate its brilliance at net when i play doubles, but other than that i am unable to harness it.

a great racquet for a great player, but that i am not.

slider2828
11-02-2008, 08:17 PM
I used the LM Presetige Mid and the MG Prestige Mid... But switched to the K90 that provided more topspin, clearance over the net....

plasma
11-03-2008, 12:02 AM
not lively enough too boxy...

Matt21
11-03-2008, 08:41 AM
Go with the Microgel Mid. I just switched from the Aerogel 200 to it. I've tried all the iterations of the Prestige since with the i.Prestige and I have to say for the mids, the MG has the best feel overall: from weight to ball striking, I like it the best. Now, if you wanted to stay with midplus, that's tough because stock, I think it's a toss-up between FXP and i.Prestige MP. MG Prestige MP plays well but you have to doctor it. It lacks too much punch stock (a little leather and lead fixes that though).

As for the guy who mentioned switching to the KSixOne Tour, I can't say I'm mad at him; that's a darn good frame if you can handle the weight. The MG Prestige Mid hits a heavy ball too though but the weight is more managable on the serves and groundies. As for lack of topspin, I think the people who have trouble getting topspin with the MG Prestige Mid have the tension too high. I play 49m/47c with multi in the main and poly in the crosses. That gives me the pocketing I need and yet allows me to maintain the control that is so characteristic of 18x20 sticks.