PDA

View Full Version : Pure Storm Related Help?!

Campbell1
11-03-2008, 08:57 AM
As you may know i am often panicy when it comes to buying new rackets. But after long deliberation i have definitely gone for the Babolat Pure Storm. But after looking at the range i feel unsure about the difference bewtween the Pure Storm and the Pure Storm Tour has anyone had mixed results from the two? possible recomendations? and could some one please give me the EXACT weight of the Pure Storm (as it says on the racket itself), as some websites give varied numbers!

Bagdatis toy hippo
11-03-2008, 09:28 AM
As for the weight, the Pure Storm should be about 10.9 ounces STRUNG, unstrung should be about 10.3. The tour should be 11.8 strung.

I liked the tour better for groundstrokes, but the normal one's serves & volleys were awesome. I also thought that the non-tour was just a bit more powerful than the tour, but you can always fix it up with higher string tension.

Hope that helped. :)

Campbell1
11-03-2008, 09:31 AM
Cheers mate, that provided simple easy help, i think im going to go for the Pure Storm and i like a higher tension anyway, thanks(Y)

rosenstar
11-03-2008, 09:32 AM
As you may know i am often panicy when it comes to buying new rackets. But after long deliberation i have definitely gone for the Babolat Pure Storm. But after looking at the range i feel unsure about the difference bewtween the Pure Storm and the Pure Storm Tour has anyone had mixed results from the two? possible recomendations? and could some one please give me the EXACT weight of the Pure Storm (as it says on the racket itself), as some websites give varied numbers!

don't worry about the stats, demo the racquet, if you like it, buy it, if you don't, then don't.

phoenicks
11-03-2008, 09:34 AM
I've tried the PST, the stringbed is just too mushy, it feels the same no matter where I hit on the stringbed ( sweetspot or off center )., so it totally doesn't have any feedback at all. Doesn't have enough pop, same old mushy sound on the stringbed over and over again. I would stay away from that racquet.

As for PS, I've never tried that racquet, so I can't comment anything on it.

ollinger
11-03-2008, 09:37 AM
Don't fall into the trap of thinking of these as two versions of the same racquet. When the difference is virtually a full ounce, they are COMPLETELY different racquets in most respects.

sadchel
11-03-2008, 10:16 AM
I hit with a PST on Sunday. I found it too heavy, and a little too powerful. Of course I'm a Radical user so most other racquets are gonna feel bulky and powerful