PDA

View Full Version : Sania Mirza

lum
02-12-2005, 12:01 PM
Sania Mirza just won her first WTA title in India, her home country (tier IV tournament). I think she has to be one of the most improved players lately. Congrats to Sania.

pound cat
02-12-2005, 01:10 PM
She will be a great inspiration to Indian girls who aspire to be tennis players. Good for her. She seems like a very nice person.

green_bladder
02-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Absolutely. She's young and has the talent to do well. And she really took it to Serena at the AO!

Phil
02-13-2005, 08:33 PM
Absolutely. She's young and has the talent to do well. And she really took it to Serena at the AO!

The 2005 AO? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Serena WIN that tournament that was played so very long ago?

green_bladder
02-13-2005, 08:47 PM
Uh yeah. By "took it to Serena" I meant win 5 games off her.

Phil
02-13-2005, 08:56 PM
Be serious...she was a warm-up for Serena. A chew toy...

green_bladder
02-13-2005, 09:07 PM
Very well. I'll rephrase it then:

Absolutely. She's young and has the talent to do well. And she really tried to take it to Serena at the AO but Serena chewed her up and spat her out!

Phil
02-13-2005, 10:30 PM
I would just add a few things to that fine rephrasing...

She's young and has potential to be successful on the tour. Considering her inexperience, she logged in a relatively respectable performance at the AO, taking five games from eventual tournament champ Serena Williams. That said, Serena chewed her up and spat her out-LIKE A DAWG!

asman
02-14-2005, 01:47 AM
Sania trained in the club where I play, because of Bob Brett Academy. She plays really well. She won Wimbledon title for double juniores, if I'm right.
Thanks to Bob she got a wild card for Aussie open.

Bye!
Asman

norcal
02-14-2005, 07:02 AM
Be serious...she was a warm-up for Serena. A chew toy... ummm, chew toy.

http://www.cramikskim.com/colin/52054605.jpg

Lee
02-14-2005, 12:55 PM
She can play, but her face is not very good looking... she's got a nice bod though...

raftermania
02-14-2005, 01:52 PM
On the attractiveness factor, Sania swept Serena off the court.

Phil
02-14-2005, 04:03 PM
ummm, chew toy.

http://www.cramikskim.com/colin/52054605.jpg

And an ATTRACTIVE chew toy at that...I would chew on it.

david aames
02-14-2005, 04:52 PM
Hey Asman,

I remember you already plugged the Bob Brett Academy in a previous thread on Monaco... Have you been there? If so, do you recommend it? I hear he is a good friend of Brad Gilbert...

Where are you in Italy? San Remo?

Sania trained in the club where I play, because of Bob Brett Academy. She plays really well. She won Wimbledon title for double juniores, if I'm right.
Thanks to Bob she got a wild card for Aussie open.

Bye!
Asman

asman
02-15-2005, 12:32 AM
Exactly, I live in Sanremo and play tennis outdoor all the year (!!!) in the Solaro Tennis Club, where Bob Brett choose to set his Academy. He traines a maximum of 24 players, from all over the world. They follow a detailed training program, six hours a day, six days a week, including fitness, running, swimming....Mr Brett is a very serious man, I watch with him the match Fed-Safin...is also pleasant to talk with him and is a real gentleman. Give a look to his site: bobbretttennis.com

Last year, during Montecarlo Open, Goran came to the club to visit Brett, he was such an emotion..."crazy horse" on the court next to mine!
In '99 the club hosted (for training just before the final of Davis in Nice against France) the Australian Team...I had the occasion to meet Hewitt, Philippoussis, the Woodies and Newcombe...unforgettable...Hewitt had such a heavy running training program...I couldn't believe to my eyes!

Today it seems already spring, here, we a have a wonderful climate! The club has three kind of surfaces (synth green, clay, hard courts), a swimming pool, a fitness center, and also some rooms Bed&Breakfast style in order to host the players.

BYE!!
Asman

Andy Hewitt
02-15-2005, 09:52 AM
OMG! First Indian to win Women's Grand Slam Title!!!

http://www.reachouthyderabad.com/newsmaker/nm50.htm