PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Pure Storm LTD. >>>>>>

Kirko
11-04-2008, 10:49 AM
I actually found a frame better than the Pure Storm Tour! I demoed the LTD. for about two weeks and switched to it last week. I hit very flat and hard and this 18X20 pattern is on the spot for me at least. I had mine leaded up to 12.5 oz. lead at 3 and 9 o'clock. serving was so easy either flat or twist no problems. not sluggish at all; I thought it kinda powerful in a very nice way. anyone else using it?

Ross K
11-04-2008, 11:29 AM
How - in terms of power, feel, serve, groundies and menauverability - does the Ltd compare to the Tour in your opinion?

Kirko
11-04-2008, 12:15 PM
How - in terms of power, feel, serve, groundies and menauverability - does the Ltd compare to the Tour in your opinion?

power was about the same maybe a bit more than the tour. I strung the LTD. at 50 lbs. the tour was at 65 lbs. the LTD. was more firm the denser pattern I think. groundstrokes were easier for me with 18X20 pattern (I hit very flat) and like a dense string pattern. I could manage the racket easily at 12.5 oz. same as with the tour. serving was a breeze nice and fluid no adjustment period. the LTD. to me at least has a very ample sweetspot maybe the head shape creates this its kinda egg-shaped. I demoed for two weeks because I thought it was just a "honeymoon" period and kept waiting for a let down none happened so I bought it. I use my go to string prince original syb. gut in gold 17 ga. the grip seems bigger than 4 5/8 which I really like and put an overgrip on to make it slightly bigger a big grip helps considerably if you hit flat shots, for me. I'm getting another one I like it that much. I played the tour for over a year and the LTD. is it for me.

go13illy
11-04-2008, 12:25 PM
i also use the babolat pure storm limited, great racket.
took me like 2-3 weeks to get used to it though but im playing my best with it now. i had trouble finding power at first but then i finally got it.

m1stuhxsp4rk5
11-04-2008, 03:40 PM
just got my demo today cant wait to hit with it. ill let you guys know how i feel about it.

bchamaki
11-04-2008, 06:42 PM
it sucks big ones. I played with it in like 2 nationals tourney's and got spanked. I used it for like 2 months.

TOO FLEXY

bchamaki
11-04-2008, 06:42 PM
then after I switched back to my own I got to the finals of one

Zhou
11-04-2008, 06:49 PM
then after I switched back to my own I got to the finals of one

Look you don't have to be so negative to a racquet especially considering a racquet is a very subjective topic. Someone's racquet may work for him but it may not work for another person.

Your opinion is also very vague saying it is very Flexy which does not offer anything in particular to the topic.

I found this racquet to be rather delightful to play with and have switched over myself. It took a little to get used to but offers great control. You do though have to be able to produce your own pace with this racquet.

ag200boy
11-04-2008, 06:54 PM
if anyone thinks the LTD is lacking in power i suggest the AG200 similar weight and balance but the AG has higher SW and more power

just fyi

El Diablo
11-04-2008, 07:32 PM
I tried the LTD out of curiosity because its USRSA power rating (1631) was by far the lowest I'd ever seen. I hated the racquet and found its power rating very credible.

m1stuhxsp4rk5
11-04-2008, 09:09 PM
not digging the limited to much. maybe ill try it out a little more later but i have to work to hard to get the ball i want. compared to my k90

Ross K
11-04-2008, 10:06 PM
So which other frame might ppl say the Ltd reminds them of? I'm presuming some of the older player's frames here, but I could be wrong?

m1stuhxsp4rk5
11-04-2008, 10:08 PM
hey ross
how do you think the pure storm tour compares to the k90?

Kirko
11-04-2008, 10:19 PM
it sucks big ones. I played with it in like 2 nationals tourney's and got spanked. I used it for like 2 months.

TOO FLEXY

tough times for you I'm sorry you got "spanked"; I must have perfect form because the ball is "crying" when it comes off the stringbed when I hit it.

Ross K
11-04-2008, 10:20 PM
Hi m1,

Sorry - never played with a k90.

Kirko
11-04-2008, 10:30 PM
So which other frame might ppl say the Ltd reminds them of? I'm presuming some of the older player's frames here, but I could be wrong?

the LTD is very much like the Dunlop 200G ; 95 sq.in. headsize, has big time FLEX.

Ross K
11-04-2008, 10:34 PM
the LTD is very much like the Dunlop 200G ; 95 sq.in. headsize, has big time FLEX. I seeeee!... v/interesting... I confess to not being too clued up about the PSLtd and didn't know quite what it might be similar too... riiight... Anyone else got another frame the PSLtd might be slightly compared to?

Kirko
11-04-2008, 10:41 PM
I seeeee!... v/interesting... I confess to not being too clued up about the PSLtd and didn't know quite what it might be similar too... riiight... Anyone else got another frame the PSLtd might be slightly compared to?

one thing about this frame the LTD has is it does not have that "buzz" you know that awful vibration in the handle the Pure Storm Tour is like that also to be fair. this is a serious players frame you the player supply the juice, but the LTD has plenty of help also. give it a whirl and you will see.

jayserinos99
11-05-2008, 02:54 AM
kirko is right; the ltd is a solid frame. what you put in is what you get. mine were leaded at 6" at 3/9 with vs/iso and it played pretty sweet. it's probably the most unBabolat-like frame in their range.

go13illy
11-05-2008, 12:07 PM
a lot of you seem to not like this racket and think it doesn't have enough power.

from my experience i also had trouble with power until i got more used to the racket. i had a great experience with this racket and found the perfect control and power.

Kevo
11-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Actual power when measured by ball speed has much less to do with the equipment than some people would figure. Of course tennis is a game of inches, or less, so I guess if you are trying to land the ball on the line most of the time the frame might make a difference, but I think string pattern and tension are much more important than the frame, and none of those contribute more than 5-10% at the most when compared with the player.

How comfortable you feel playing with a frame is much more important than it's power rating, IMO.

wangman31888
11-05-2008, 03:36 PM
i have the regular pure storm and the ltd. is just too much of a players racket for me, i could tell they were high quality when i hit with it tho. do all them come stock with a leather grip?

jayserinos99
11-05-2008, 03:42 PM
^ yes they do.

Kirko
11-05-2008, 10:05 PM
kirko is right; the ltd is a solid frame. what you put in is what you get. mine were leaded at 6" at 3/9 with vs/iso and it played pretty sweet. it's probably the most unBabolat-like frame in their range.

I wish I would have said that "the most unBabolat-like frame in their range", very true and I can't believe the width of the beam 19 mm.

MLoutch
11-05-2008, 10:30 PM
I just switched about a month ago from the TF 320 - love the feel of the LTD and just so solid across the board.

Ross K
11-06-2008, 02:28 AM
1. So the Ltd is a touch more head-light than the PST?...

2. Could anyone say what other frame the Ltd is akin to specifically re the serve (you know - power, spin, placement, etc?)

Cheers

R.

jayserinos99
11-06-2008, 04:28 AM
1. So the Ltd is a touch more head-light than the PST?...

2. Could anyone say what other frame the Ltd is akin to specifically re the serve (you know - power, spin, placement, etc?)

Cheers

R.

1. Having used both, the LTD felt very HL to me...so much so I needed lead at the 3/9.

2. The LTD racquet head came through pretty quick for me; I wouldn't say I generated big power from the frame, but it was very consistent with the spin and placement since I don't possess an inherently huge serve. About the only thing close, for me anyway, is the Prestige Classic 600, just slightly less manuverable in the air but with a tad more racquet head for mishit insurance. Do I think the LTD serves better than the PC600? No way; to me the PC600 is a serving machine as it can cut through the air with no problems and has that blend of good pop and mass. The LTD is a steady serving frame but it doesn't really wow you in any one area.

Ross K
11-06-2008, 04:53 AM
jayserinos99,

^ Very interesting, and if you don't mind, I'd like to ask a further Q of yourself (and others too)...

If I recall correctly, like myself, I believe you're familiar with the i. Prestige and the PT630, as well as the PSLtd (which I'm completely unfamiliar with)...

How IYO does the Ltd stack up generally against the i.P. and PT?... Not so very far off them really?... Nowhere remotely in their league?... better than them?... Basically, anything you have to say re the Ltd and how it compares to the i.P. or PT630, I'm eager to hear it.

Many thanks Jay, others... and sorry kirko, I'll stop hijacking your thread now!

rs1996
11-06-2008, 05:31 AM
^^I have PS LTD and a PT280. I have been using the PS LTD as my primary racquet for a couple of months now, but last night decided to hit with the PT280.

I definitely feel as though I can find the sweetspot on the 280 with a bit more ease than the LTD. When I connect with the ball just right, the PT280 provides perhaps the most solid feel of any racquet I have ever hit with.

For me, power and plow through is easier to come by with the PT280. The PS LTD seems to require the user to provide any and all power, but it can be had with a quick swing and precise contact with the sweetspot. Both sticks provide ample pop on serves.

I do find that I have more control with the PS LTD and depsite the dense string pattern, spin is very easy to come by. I definitely noticed this when serving. I tend to have more confidence in my 2nd serve knowing that I can put a little more spin on the ball to keep it in.

Both racquets have some similar characteristics but, IMHO they are by no means one in the same.

Ross K
11-06-2008, 05:47 AM
rs1996,

^ Great stuff... many thanks... basically I'm seriously considering taking a proper look at the Ltd and it helps me greatly to hear how it compares in a variety of respects to the i.P and PT (which, incidentally, are 2 of my most revered and favourite frames ever.)

R.

rs1996
11-06-2008, 06:04 AM
rs1996,

^ Great stuff... many thanks... basically I'm seriously considering taking a proper look at the Ltd and it helps me greatly to hear how it compares in a variety of respects to the i.P and PT (which, incidentally, are 2 of my most revered and favourite frames ever.)

R.

Definitely give the LTD a demo. Keep in mind that my LTD is stock. I have not yet experimented with lead tape as others have done.

khw72004
11-06-2008, 06:07 AM
does anyone know about the paint? I have a Pure Storm Tour and the paint would chip off. Is this racket the same?

jayserinos99
11-06-2008, 10:45 AM
jayserinos99,
How IYO does the Ltd stack up generally against the i.P. and PT?... Not so very far off them really?... Nowhere remotely in their league?... better than them?... Basically, anything you have to say re the Ltd and how it compares to the i.P. or PT630, I'm eager to hear it.

^^I have PS LTD and a PT280. I have been using the PS LTD as my primary racquet for a couple of months now, but last night decided to hit with the PT280.

I definitely feel as though I can find the sweetspot on the 280 with a bit more ease than the LTD. When I connect with the ball just right, the PT280 provides perhaps the most solid feel of any racquet I have ever hit with.

For me, power and plow through is easier to come by with the PT280. The PS LTD seems to require the user to provide any and all power, but it can be had with a quick swing and precise contact with the sweetspot. Both sticks provide ample pop on serves.

I do find that I have more control with the PS LTD and depsite the dense string pattern, spin is very easy to come by. I definitely noticed this when serving. I tend to have more confidence in my 2nd serve knowing that I can put a little more spin on the ball to keep it in.

Both racquets have some similar characteristics but, IMHO they are by no means one in the same.

I believe rs1996 hit it on the head with a few differences for me. I didn't have problems hitting the sweetspot with the LTD but due to the beam profile and lack of mass in stock form, the LTD needs that much more racquethead speed to compensate for its shortcomings. What made me try lead on the LTD was the volleys as there wasn't enough mass in the head. Once I added lead at the 3/9, it would come somewhat closer to the PT or iP in the mass department but the LTD is just an inherently different stick. Think of it this way, if the PT/iP is a broadsword, then the LTD is a rapier.

Is the LTD "better" than the iP or PT? Opinions differ, but for me the PT630 is the gold standard for 18x20 midpluses. The LTD has decent flex and is a solid stick, but if you're looking for a PT/iP replacement, the LTD isn't it.

Kirko
11-06-2008, 11:09 AM
does anyone know about the paint? I have a Pure Storm Tour and the paint would chip off. Is this racket the same?
the paint seems perfect! I used the Pure Storm Tour for a year and I really used it and had no issues with the paint scheme "falling off" ; wouldn't matter if it did for me at least. If I find a frame that good I'm not go looking for problems like the finish.

tennisguy94
11-23-2008, 06:09 PM
I use the LTD with hurricane so i get power form the strings and control from the frame. Great racquet.

MPfromNY07
12-03-2008, 08:01 PM
great racquet. Ive been playing with the PSL for about 3 months and am not turning back. However, for all the people who are testing this racquet out, GIVE IT TIME! once you get used to the lower sweetspot and the flex, you will love it. Great control, you get what you put in, and is forgiving. Great for serves, im pumping out 120+ mph bombs with this stick. Honestly, I am using no lead at this time and am still loving it. strung with full pro redcode 17g. Ranked in college tennis and playing for a ranked team, I am not turning back from this stick.

Sir Hackalot
12-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Ok, I come from ole school tennis back when aggasi and sampras hit the scene. so im just getting back into tha game and hit the court with the jack kramer staffs that I played with in High School (the graphite ones not the woody's). After realizing these are classics and new technology is out there I decided to start demoing sticks. Started w/Wilson and nothing felt spectacular to me. i do realize how important string and string tension is tho & that culd have been the problem. So I started demoing babalot. took me several racquets to run into the Ps ltd. & I found my excalaber. It honestly reminds me of the old Head graphit pro (the teal colored one). You cant be a nelly w/this stick. If you want power you have to create it. tension belongs in the 50's, lead tape a must, & feels great w/17's or 18's. Luv that I can swing as hard as I want and the ball lands in the court & my slice backhand was absolutely killing my opponents last week. Highly recommend if you swing like a man!