PDA

View Full Version : Volkl & Fischer Grip Sizes are most similar to ?

TripleB
11-04-2008, 12:03 PM
It's been a while since a demoed a Volkl or a Fischer and am trying to remember if the grip sizes on each run true and which companies make grips of a similar size.

Many many moons ago when I playtested/demoed a Volkl and/or a Fischer:

I think I remember the Volkl being most similar to a Prince. I think it ran a little larger than a Head, smaller than a Babolat (most grips do), and larger than a Yonex.

As far as the Fischer I think it ran slightly larger than a Prince, quite a bit larger than the Head, slighly smaller than the Babolat, and a bit larger than the Yonex.

Can anyone give me some insight as to if this is still the case?

Thanks.

TripleB

counterpuncher
11-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Yonex grip sizes have changed in their current RDS line which are all bigger than the previous RDX, V-Con and MP lines. These are now roughly the same size as Babolat.
With regards to Fischer (Mag Tour, Mag Speed), they run slighly smaller than Babolat and slightly larger than Prince, while Volkl are about the same as the latest DNX line seems to have increased in size and also run slightly smaller than Babolat and slightly larger than Prince also.

TripleB
11-05-2008, 03:44 AM
Yonex grip sizes have changed in their current RDS line which are all bigger than the previous RDX, V-Con and MP lines. These are now roughly the same size as Babolat.
With regards to Fischer (Mag Tour, Mag Speed), they run slighly smaller than Babolat and slightly larger than Prince, while Volkl are about the same as the latest DNX line seems to have increased in size and also run slightly smaller than Babolat and slightly larger than Prince also.

Thanks for your input...exactly the info I was looking for!!!

TripleB