PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Hotlmelt 200g

matchmaker
11-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Today, my strings literally snapped on the first ball I hit. I had only brought one racquet to play so I had to borrow one from my hitting partener. A Dunlop 200g it was. I must say I was pleasantly surprised with it. It did everything well, was very confy but not noodly, the swingweight appeared to be quite low and the power was okay, I guess it was strung at a lowish tension, or mid-tension but dropped over time. Good on serves, manoeverable on volleys, easy to rip the racquet head through and over short balls. A well designed racquet.

____
11-05-2008, 01:41 AM
One of the best sleeper racquets.

I think it has more classic feel than any of the later Dunlop lines which became stiffer and stiffer.

Almost everyone rave about MW 200G but forgot the HM which ,IMHO has a tad more power but carry the same feel.

It's been my main racquet for many years

VGP
11-05-2008, 04:48 AM
I bought the HM200g three years ago as a "replacement" for the Wilson PS85.

It does have some of the same feel at contact as some say that it's a bit more "Pro Staffy" compared to the MW200g. People who like the MW didn't like the HM200g at all. Since I'm more of a Pro Staffer, I liked the feel but the spin potential is different it being an 18x20 string pattern frame.

I didn't like the heft and balance stock so I tweaked mine to a more headlight balance and a static weight of 13.7 ounces. I'm still between these and the Chinese PS85.

Perhaps the kProStaff88 is a new frame for me to consider. But for the price that I picked up my HM200gs, it's a tough racket to beat.

kv581
11-05-2008, 06:05 AM
Have always wondered about the pj for the HM 200g. Is it a rubbery paint, or a matte paint?

Thanks.

swedechris
11-05-2008, 06:15 AM
Today, my strings literally snapped on the first ball I hit. I had only brought one racquet to play so I had to borrow one from my hitting partener. A Dunlop 200g it was. I must say I was pleasantly surprised with it. It did everything well, was very confy but not noodly, the swingweight appeared to be quite low and the power was okay, I guess it was strung at a lowish tension, or mid-tension but dropped over time. Good on serves, manoeverable on volleys, easy to rip the racquet head through and over short balls. A well designed racquet.

i have a bunch of these to unload !.. shoot me an email if interested. chrisofoto@yahoo.com

____
11-05-2008, 07:16 AM
Have always wondered about the pj for the HM 200g. Is it a rubbery paint, or a matte paint?

Thanks.

It's rubbery.

VGP
11-05-2008, 07:32 AM
I agree. It's rubbery.

I wonder if the rubbery paint contributes to the feel of the racket.

I've hit with the MFil200 and the AG200 and I found the MFil had a different upper hoop feel and the AG to be harsh in comparison to the HM.

Having come to the 200g game late, I've never hit with the MW. Does that have rubbery paint too?

____
11-05-2008, 08:10 AM
I agree. It's rubbery.

I wonder if the rubbery paint contributes to the feel of the racket.

I've hit with the MFil200 and the AG200 and I found the MFil had a different upper hoop feel and the AG to be harsh in comparison to the HM.

Having come to the 200g game late, I've never hit with the MW. Does that have rubbery paint too?

The MW has both matted and glossy finish.The black part is glossy while the grey color around the hoop is matted.No rubbery paint on it.

I dont know for sure if rubbery coat has anything to do with the racquet feel but it sure does help your left hand get a good grip at the throat when you take it back for OHBH