PDA

View Full Version : please help with my dilemma: stiff or flexible?

Anonymous
03-30-2004, 06:51 PM
I had been playing with the Prestige Classic for five years until last summer, when I switched to the Tour 90. I wanted to play with more variety (think Sampras vs. Philippoussis), but I can't get used to it! I have always had an all-court style. I am using a lot more spin now, which I like for consistency, but when I try to hit a flat shot, it lands WAY out. At these times, the head shape feels really clumsy. With the PC I had no problems generating power. I might have had even more power because I could swing it faster while keeping control, even when weighted toward 13 oz. Also lately I have only been playing one or twice a week/month. I know what people say regarding the 6.0 85 and Tour 90(?): it's a good racket when you're on, but when you're not, it's the worst.

Should I stick with the Tour 90 and just try to play more, or go back? I still have a Super RD-Tour 90 and maybe I'll like it more now. But are there any rackets that are in between the PC and Tour 90 regarding head shape, flex, etc?

roundiesee
03-31-2004, 12:00 AM
You should really consider going back to the Head. Remember Safin tried to play with a Dunlop and ended up tearing up his contract and going back to his beloved PCs.

tschevap
03-31-2004, 05:34 AM
How can you compare yourself with those players...think about your game and not about some pro and his racket!