PDA

View Full Version : vantage red frames?

Cup8489
11-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Does Vantage still offer the Red paint scheme? i was thinking about taking the plunge for a pair of Custom Vantages, but i don't see the red paint scheme (something i was definitely attracted to)

i wouldnt mind the black, but i'd prefer the red..

any info would be appreciated, thanks.

origmarm
11-06-2008, 12:45 AM
I haven't seen it for a while. I would call Paul direct if I were you as often things can be done that can't necessarily via the website.

Cheers, Orig

whozon3rd
11-06-2008, 02:42 AM
Do the prebuilt frames have a box frame construction or the half moon structure? From the web site the red prebuilt frames seem to have a square look, like the head prestige classic frame.

jayserinos99
11-06-2008, 04:35 AM
^ all vantages have the half moon shape.

and to the OP, i'd definitely call or email Paul as I think the red Vantages are still in stock but not sure for how much longer.

origmarm
11-06-2008, 05:01 AM
^^ This is correct, all have the same shape/construction. For me it is Wilson 6.1ish without the PWS around the head and throat area. The bit above the handle is more rounded than a 6.1 though. They are all the same composition

Cup8489
11-06-2008, 07:18 AM
another question:
i recall either earlier this year or last year they had a big sale where all their custom frames were half off.. do you think they'd do it again?

additionally, i was inquiring about the red scheme on custom built vantages, rather than the prebuilt one's they already have (i know those come in red, but i'm looking to customize a 90 that breaks with traditional midsize characteristics, and the red would look sick)

Seacoast Stringer
11-06-2008, 04:41 PM
^^ This is correct, all have the same shape/construction. For me it is Wilson 6.1ish without the PWS around the head and throat area. The bit above the handle is more rounded than a 6.1 though. They are all the same composition

I agree. I used to use the 6.1 series and they seem very similar.

origmarm
11-07-2008, 04:26 AM
another question:
i recall either earlier this year or last year they had a big sale where all their custom frames were half off.. do you think they'd do it again?

So far this is an annual event, every year at around the same time.

additionally, i was inquiring about the red scheme on custom built vantages, rather than the prebuilt one's they already have (i know those come in red, but i'm looking to customize a 90 that breaks with traditional midsize characteristics, and the red would look sick)

In this case best to ask Paul, the short answer is that I don't think anyone would know other than him.

Cheers, Orig

luishcorreia
11-07-2008, 07:54 AM
This year it was on Thursday and Friday, Feb 7th and 8th.

If you subscribe the online site newsletter they will wanr you with a few days notice. I got mine this last February, and it went fine! Very happy with it.

Cup8489
11-07-2008, 09:04 AM
This year it was on Thursday and Friday, Feb 7th and 8th.

If you subscribe the online site newsletter they will wanr you with a few days notice. I got mine this last February, and it went fine! Very happy with it.

okay..because i decided that i was gonna wait until their annual sale..the customizing feature is incredible..i can finally make a midsize that i could actually play well with! :)

do the frames have good feel? i like frames with good feel, but not alot of bad vibration (ala the old Pure Drives, they killed my arm big time =/)