PDA

View Full Version : POG, KBT, PS LTD, which mid?

Drewwonu
11-05-2008, 09:15 PM
I am currently using an APDC and am looking to try out some mids. (I love my APDC but you never know, i might like mids. I am still on the search for the perfect racquet for me) I will of corse demo, but how do these three vary? I want a racquet that has more control. I am a 3.5 baseliner with a semi-western grip. I have been hearing allot about each racquet. The POG mid feels "old school, the KBT has great control and a great all around racquet, the Pure Storm LTD has a great control for a Babolat racquet. What do you guys think of each?

m1stuhxsp4rk5
11-05-2008, 10:02 PM
coming for a apdc you might like the pog more. i havent hit with it so i cant say much. im just saying with its super open string pattern it might prefer it over the other two. i use the k90 and i just love open string pattern. when i go to a dense one it doesnt feel right. the kblade has a ncie solid feel to it and the pure storm limited has a soft feeling to it. i prefer the limited over the blade

bluetrain4
11-06-2008, 12:26 AM
Seriously, give the Diablo mid a try. Excellent frame.

phoenicks
11-06-2008, 01:32 AM
APDC is an open string pattern racquet, unless you have good racquet head speed and good technique, you'll find KBT and PS LTD a bit harder to generate spin. the difference between open and closed string for it's action on the spin of the ball, depends on your tennis skill.

just a side note, PS LTD is really very low power

Maestro Nalbandian
11-06-2008, 05:14 AM
^^Agree. If ungrading from APDC then POG is the natural choice. Other than that I'd suggest Diablo mid over KBT or PS LTD.

rs1996
11-06-2008, 06:45 AM
I purchased an APDC back in April and used it for a couple of months before switching to the PS LTD.

It is true the PS LTD does require the handler to supply the power, but spin potential is, from my experience, quite good despite the dense string pattern.

For me, the sweetspot can be a little hard to find on the LTD and is not too forgiving if you miss it. But when you do hit it, then control and placement (and even a little power) are yours for the taking.

The PS LTD seems to be a love it/hate it racquet...

Drewwonu
11-06-2008, 07:11 AM
I am beginning to consider only the KBT and the PST now. The KBT seems very intriguing...

phoenicks
11-06-2008, 08:28 AM
Yeah, KBT seems to be another interesting racquet initially when I pick it up, and I bought it because of it, falling in love during the honeymoon period. KBT is a good volleying stick. Very head light, very maneuverable and swings around easily.

However, it lacks in torsional stability in that it twist around easily for off-center shot, even slightly off-center, and TW university confirm my finding ( check out its twistweight ). And when you are push behind the baseline, in defensive position, it's not easily to reverse the situation with this stick, well, at least not helpful. Another thing is the lack of its power, so you really have to supply your own power and work your *** off on every single shot.

If you are a baseliner, I would suggest you looking elsewhere, as it's "baseliner strength" is really not in the racquet. 1 final thing, I found it a lil bit harder to generate the spin on kick serve.