PDA

View Full Version : Ti.Radical

newbie123
03-30-2004, 06:31 PM
Ok I recently purchased a Ti.Radical and I'm really enjoying it. It is really solid on groundstrokes and I am able to serve with a little more speed and consistency. I have a few problems with it though and I'd thought I'd ask some questions. This racquet is extremely nice to hit with....and very forgiving on off-center shots. However, when I try to put a little more speed on the balls, I find myself losing control.
1. Which string would you recommend for me in order to increase the control of my racquet and maybe lower the power a little?
2. I've heard about adding lead tape to it...but where do I add it? How exactly do I add lead tape to the handle?

Stitch626
03-30-2004, 06:46 PM
First of all since you just purchased it, dont worry about customization yet. I'd practice with it more before then higher string tension, then lead tape if u feel that u really need it. Btw wut is your tension at rite now?

newbie123
03-30-2004, 08:08 PM
no idea....it came with head synthetic gut 16....feels a bit lose i guess...strings move around quite a bit

i played with this racquet for almost 3 hours today so i have a pretty good understanding of it......i still found a bit too light.....i was able to hit deep shots easily but i had to be careful and put good spin on it...and although i know my ability to control the ball is 90% based on my strokes and skills through practice....i still feel that a good control string would help me.....as well as some lead tape