PDA

View Full Version : help choosing racket!

nadal for number1
11-06-2008, 04:57 PM
ok i have demoed a few rackets, and the ones i liked the most were the k90 and the microgel prestige pro.

k90, great for serves volleys, BH was on fire, FH as well but some balls were landing a tad short.

prestige pro, good control on groundies, not so much pop on serve.

im an all courter, 16 y.o. around 5.0 which one would be better?
thanks guys

pfchang
11-06-2008, 05:11 PM
well, at the day's end, you;ll be making the decision.

i guess you know yourself the best; what kind of player are you?

would kind of things would you like to see from your ideal stick?

also, as a suggestion, if you are finding not enough power from the prestige, maybe give the KBT a try. it is a bit more forgiving and defly a lot more control and precision.

nadal for number1
11-06-2008, 05:20 PM
well, at the day's end, you;ll be making the decision.

i guess you know yourself the best; what kind of player are you?

would kind of things would you like to see from your ideal stick?

also, as a suggestion, if you are finding not enough power from the prestige, maybe give the KBT a try. it is a bit more forgiving and defly a lot more control and precision.

thanks.
i really like the k90, its quite demanding, but i have a feeling that will make me improve even more, by having correct technique, not slacking of, etc.

do you think the k90 w/ nat. gut would be good? i want control more than power. my serves are good, should i go with the k90?

Djokovicfan4life
11-06-2008, 05:29 PM
thanks.
i really like the k90, its quite demanding, but i have a feeling that will make me improve even more, by having correct technique, not slacking of, etc.

do you think the k90 w/ nat. gut would be good? i want control more than power. my serves are good, should i go with the k90?

The K90 is ridiculously underpowered, so gut will probably be fine. Nothing beats gut for serves and volleying.

nadal for number1
11-06-2008, 05:32 PM
djokovic fan so you think ill be good with the k90?
first day it felt like a stone in my hands, no it feels better and im starting to get more used to it.

Serve_Ace
11-06-2008, 05:40 PM
try the 03 speedport tour

Djokovicfan4life
11-06-2008, 07:02 PM
djokovic fan so you think ill be good with the k90?
first day it felt like a stone in my hands, no it feels better and im starting to get more used to it.

Impossible to tell, really. I hated the K90 when I tried it, but my brother used it for a couple years with no problems, and we're only at about the 3.5 level. It's really just up to the individual.

Have you ever tried a Fischer, by any chance? Now those are some quality sticks, right there.

phoenicks
11-06-2008, 07:21 PM

i fail to see how a person experiencing not enough power from prestige can be helped to get more power by using KBT, just can't understand why.

Yes, it can give more precision and control. I find forgiving is also debatable.

game set match 46 TIMES!!
11-06-2008, 07:23 PM
the pro can be driffrent but i would demo those for a few days...

pfchang
11-06-2008, 07:52 PM
i fail to see how a person experiencing not enough power from prestige can be helped to get more power by using KBT, just can't understand why.

Yes, it can give more precision and control. I find forgiving is also debatable.

spencer from TW begs to differ.

it's all on perspective. that's why i told him to "try it"

pfchang
11-06-2008, 07:53 PM
The K90 is ridiculously underpowered, so gut will probably be fine. Nothing beats gut for serves and volleying.

beg to differ a bit. last time i had my K90, i thought it was TOO powerful.

well not really like that, but it felt a little uncontroled because of the large mass.