PDA

View Full Version : New Prokennex racquets

ChuDat
11-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Does anyone know when the new prokennex racquets will be out? I heard it was suppose to be after the US Open, but now I'm unsure

plasma
11-07-2008, 09:11 AM
hahahahahahahah..ppp-p-p-pro kennex bwaahahahahahahahaa.lol (seriously) least winning racquet on the pro tour EVER!

sorry....
make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
-TW forum guidelines???

Kevin T
11-07-2008, 09:16 AM
It's not looking good. The US Open would have been the perfect time but now when do you release them? In the middle of winter? A big missed opportunity, IMHO. I've personally known 3 big tennis shop owners: a huge shop in Cincy and 2 larger shops in San Diego. The common thread is that they all have no plans to restock PK. It's a bummer because I love their frames. The San Diego guys have such a bad taste from PK's previous distributor that they've given up on the brand. We'll see.

El Diablo
11-07-2008, 10:07 AM
Least winning racquet? No, that would be the best racquet I've found currently available, my Vantage. But as Mojo says about how racquet companies spend money.........no, I can't bring myself to quote him!

Steve Huff
11-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Actually, Pro Kennex most likely made MOST of the racquets that one majors during the 80s. PK made them for other companies because they were one of the first to invest in graphite manufacturing of frames. At one time PK made approx. 85% of all the graphite frames made.

plasma
11-11-2008, 05:34 AM
heard the same thing 20 years ago huff (would still like to confirm it), I agree too el diablo, popularity amongst pros does not maketh a good stick.

treblings
11-11-2008, 12:41 PM
It is a simple fact,not a rumour or something that needs confirmation, that PK produced rackets for many of the best known racket companies.
Wimbledon, Donnay, Dunlop, Prince, Wilson and Yonex were amongst them.

plasma
11-11-2008, 01:59 PM
IMHO its a rumor until proven otherwise, evidence that might point to the contrary:
1.My 88 and 98 wimbeldon are unmarked
2.Most of my donnay's say made in belgium
3. The dunlops say made in England
4. The Princes say Prince MFG Princeton NJ
5. The tag on the wilson says made in st. vincent
6. The yonex say JAPAN
7.The bronze ace had a plastic throat bridge...bwwahaaahahaha

????? just the facts, ma'am, just the facts!!!!!!!

daveyboy
11-11-2008, 02:16 PM
IMHO its a rumor until proven otherwise, evidence that might point to the contrary:
1.My 88 and 98 wimbeldon are unmarked
2.Most of my donnay's say made in belgium
3. The dunlops say made in England
4. The Princes say Prince MFG Princeton NJ
5. The tag on the wilson says made in st. vincent
6. The yonex say JAPAN

????? just the facts, ma'am, just the facts!!!!!!!

The asian factories that made many of the frames for Wilson and Prince made rackets for Pro Kennex. At one point, Kennex had an ad campaign stating this (yeah this is 20 years ago). I seriously doubt that Wilson or Prince would have stood by and let a smaller company like Pro Kennex state this if it weren't true, and would have used legal power to stop it.

As far as the Bronze Ace having a plastic throat bridge, the Prince Precision 90 (original, not the CTS line) was another graphite racket with a plastic throat bridge. Head produced the Tournament Director that had the same throat bridge, but it was an aluminum frame.

Now, as far as their current technology, its smart. I think the Kinetic system in a great innovation.. Do I use Pro Kennex frames? No, I use Fischer. Do they have a flawed marketing campaign/business plan? Not for me to judge. Do they make good rackets? Yes.

Plasma, what's your deal? Why all this distaste for Pro Kennex?

treblings
11-11-2008, 02:21 PM
IMHO its a rumor until proven otherwise

I was only confirming what Steve Huff said, not trying to educate you or change your opinion of PK.

SteveI
11-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Actually, Pro Kennex most likely made MOST of the racquets that one majors during the 80s. PK made them for other companies because they were one of the first to invest in graphite manufacturing of frames. At one time PK made approx. 85% of all the graphite frames made.

Steve,

Beat me to it man...PK did at one time make approx. 85% of all the graphite frames made.

Steve

anirut
11-11-2008, 05:30 PM
I have an All Pro 35 Wimbledon -- an 88 head that has a cross bar with green and gold trim. On the side it says:

"Approved by the England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, Wimbledon, England. Designed and manufactured by Kunnan, Taiwan."

And Kunnan was Kennex which, in the course of time, became Pro Kennex. The butt cap of my Golden Ace has the original Kennex "K" logo.

Il Mostro
11-11-2008, 05:42 PM
^^^^^^^^

Same exact verbiage as by Wimbledon Boron Pro, which has two cross members in the throat.

treblings
11-12-2008, 03:26 AM
The Wimbledon Graphite i bought on the bay arrived just now. Lovely racket by the way. "Designed and manufactured by Kunnan"

plasma
11-28-2008, 07:18 AM
congrats on your new pro kennex..i prefer my new prince borons which I luckily found several of at a local gift shop (designed and manufactured in princeton NJ copywright 1983.) The wimbeldon Boron was obviously a shameless imitation (typical of its PK roots)
i hear form top collectors and experts that Kennex made great hitting frames, but pro kennex was never known as a pro racket... it was primarily meant for the consumer market.
I can't think of a single unique technological innovation, (besides their racquets with sand in them which totally sucked)
which compare to these
1. Prince crossbar and popularization of the oversize
2. Wilson braided graphite and pws technology.
3.yonex square head
4. rossignol throat bridge inversion
5. Fisher monoshaft design and vacuum technology (sublime!)
6.Fox bosworth 10 sided racquets (plaeyd by Ivan and brad!)
7. Sanuwaert rackets, (many designed entirely by Bosworth!)
8.Kneissl (air rifle...need I say more?)
9. Puma (phenomenal racquets)
10. Donnay cobalt and pro series ( 30 years ahead of their time!)

i'm sure Poor Kenneth makes very good racquets even though they fall short of the historic impact that these other companies had on this beautiful sport, simply by being unique and making great sticks as opposed to trying to fit the mold or copy it.

anirut
11-28-2008, 09:11 AM
i hear form top collectors and experts that Kennex made great hitting frames, but pro kennex was never known as a pro racket... it was primarily meant for the consumer market.

i'm sure Poor Kenneth makes very good racquets even though they fall short of the historic impact that these other companies had on this beautiful sport, simply by being unique and making great sticks as opposed to trying to fit the mold or copy it.

You must be a pro then. Tell us your ranking. If you're not a pro and have no ranking, then shut up. You're way too young to have witnessed the history.

And his name is not Kenneth. And I'm not going to tell you the correct answer of the person's name. Make a research if you want to know. There's no point trying to correct your ignorance when you have already "shut your mind" about learning something about a small brand that made some of the finest rackets, for themselves and for others.

Remember this: "The mind is like a parachute. It functions only when it's opened."

Sorry, mate. Plasma, you have crashed.

BTW, it's not I'm trying to defend the PK brand because I use it. I just hate your way of viewing smaller brands.

tennisdad65
11-28-2008, 09:16 AM
hahahahahahahah..ppp-p-p-pro kennex bwaahahahahahahahaa.lol (seriously) least winning racquet on the pro tour EVER!

bwwahaaahahaha ???? wow.. so very eloquent. He seems like one of the bigger trolls on this site

plasma
11-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Anirut wants to round kick me in the neck and bow to my fallen body in defense of pro kennex, but I am no banana tree my good friend. My history of competition and training has given me the strokes and strategies to defeat you!, If you are so easily angered your eyes will become wide, and your game will become tight inhibiting accuraccy on your passes. I will gain momentum and play perfect aggressive focused tennis in our second set to assure your defeat! You will have no option but to beat yourself as you fall into quicksand. Although it may be many years, next time I am in Thailand I will bring a present of a pro kennex racquet to my new friend Anirut. American's love all thai people and want to bring no bad feelings to your heart, because we like you so much!
back to this thread
To say that this company designed and produced racquets for other companies is quite a claim. How did it go from sharing the same sweatshop to designing and producing the other companies blue prints and molds? I think more concrete evidence is needed.

sorry "tennis dad", I was trying to be a rabble rouser, I'm sorry if you thought my "bwahahahaha" was low class. Tennis is a gentlemans (and apparently ladies as well) sport. I dont know what a troll is but at you're level you would feel like a treeish troll against me.

Intelligent non "trollish" question for tennisdad:
how would you beat a player much better than you, say a 5.5 or a 6.0?
it can be done and happens often but not by chance. I'm curious to hear what strategies and tactics you would use against an advanced tennis worst nightmare( btw, were you rated by a certified pro? 4.5 is a great level!)...I love the idea of an 86 inch racquet, how is the stability and plough through on the copper ace, the silver ace specs and headsize look perfect as well, ok so they probably made some pretty good sticks

on a serious note: I sincerely and personally love Thailand and Cambodian people and knew nothing about the existence of tennis over there, this gets me psyched. Are there pros, programs? From tribal villages to beach resorts a country full of humble loving people. (avoid Bangkok though too crowded and scam filled)
forget Pro Kennex, let's start a thread about tennis in Thailand. Maybe we could get pros and tournaments and sponsorship for kids programs out there. It could help spark interest and awareness in much needed humanitarian outreach as traditional culture comes crashing into the modern world there is tragic potential of many precious arts and customs being lost. Thailand remains one of the enduring traditional cultures and I encourage a visit as a profound and beautiful life changing experience.
As a memento bring home a 20$ AEROPRO drive with specs in Thai!
Khap Khun Mai Khap!

anirut
11-30-2008, 02:28 AM
Plasma,

Situation critical here. It's really scary to have heard some deep insiders' information about the plans of the main people behind the troubling scene.

The troubles we see now are just to cover up the big scheme behind. Big trouble coming this way.

As for your ideas of sparking up interest, I'd agree and in fact I've been thinking a lot about this. Will probably think about this much later. I have to do something to help save the real big thing for now. It's "the" duty of everyone to so something now, some how, some way.

Cheers!

treblings
11-30-2008, 01:46 PM
congrats on your new pro kennex..i prefer my new prince borons which I luckily found several of at a local gift shop (designed and manufactured in princeton NJ copywright 1983.) The wimbeldon Boron was obviously a shameless imitation (typical of its PK roots)
I can't think of a single unique technological innovation, (besides their racquets with sand in them which totally sucked)
which compare to these
1. Prince crossbar and popularization of the oversize
2. Wilson braided graphite and pws technology.
3.yonex square head
4. rossignol throat bridge inversion
5. Fisher monoshaft design and vacuum technology (sublime!)
6.Fox bosworth 10 sided racquets (plaeyd by Ivan and brad!)
7. Sanuwaert rackets, (many designed entirely by Bosworth!)
8.Kneissl (air rifle...need I say more?)
9. Puma (phenomenal racquets)
10. Donnay cobalt and pro series ( 30 years ahead of their time!)

1. itīs wimbledon not wimbeldon. small tourny in england, understandable mistake
2.the wimbledon boron is not a shameless imitation.
3. all rackets are primarily produced for consumers
4. the kinetic rackets are not filled with sand
5. rossignol did not invent that system. dates back another 100 yrs, fyi
6. itīs fischer not fisher
7.itīs snauwaert not sanuwaert
8.puma produced great rackets? thatīs your personal opinion. just the facts,
please.
9. Donnay was 30 yrs ahead of their time. seriously? again, facts please.
10.your opinion about historical impact is just that - personal opinion.
again-facts please.

shell
11-30-2008, 02:13 PM
1. itīs wimbledon not wimbeldon. small tourny in england, understandable mistake
2.the wimbledon boron is not a shameless imitation.
3. all rackets are primarily produced for consumers
4. the kinetic rackets are not filled with sand
5. rossignol did not invent that system. dates back another 100 yrs, fyi
6. itīs fischer not fisher
7.itīs snauwaert not sanuwaert
8.puma produced great rackets? thatīs your personal opinion. just the facts,
please.
9. Donnay was 30 yrs ahead of their time. seriously? again, facts please.
10.your opinion about historical impact is just that - personal opinion.
again-facts please.

Yes. Just yes. Thank you.

jbleiman
11-30-2008, 05:09 PM
shell....the correct spelling is 'tourney'

treblings
12-01-2008, 12:37 AM
shell....the correct spelling is 'tourney'

of course it is.

plasma
12-01-2008, 01:33 AM
How is the Wimbeldon Boron not a clear copy? Almost the same blueprints and cosmetics and name. ??? This is an ultra shameless copy of the original Prince Boron (made in Prnceton N.J. (8 hour shift)and not by nimble, hungry, tired and sad young Kunanese fingers!(big order....boss say 20hr. shift!) while it's true that all racquets are mass produced for consumers, the consumers primarily purchase them because the greatest players in the world choose them.
If you don't remeber the sand filled tubular frames (the original ones to bear the name "kinetic", they represent the only technological innovation that kennex had tried up to that point after over a decade in the market remaking everything that they could, that other companies succeeded with,... they were; and are (the original Kinetic avec sand) :perhaps some of the worst racquets ever, unless you need a shaker for your drum circle....dude)
ok, so obviously rossignol copied that idea, but they risked their necks to produce an inverted throat bridge in graphite. It's unique playability is still compared on this board to the legendary st. vincemt's. Like the prince mono the rossignol f200 deserves a design award and to be in a museum!!!!(Mats Wilander winner of three Australians, three French fried froggies(1@17!!!), and one u.s. open, not to mention putting McEnroe and our counrty to shame (ggrrrrr)in davis cup competition in the 1980's) might agree with me.

Clearly you never played with the original pro one or donnay wst cobalt, but yes Donnay was ahead of their time as evidenced by the superb technology, unparralelled playability and unique greatness of every racquet they made in the late 80's! )they have a feel like fischer, a european engineered and constructed quality feel, the exact difference between a bmw and a toyota.
I still beleive their racquets to be some of the best ever made, so I am humbly and honestly revising my original statement DONNAY IS 50 (fifty) YEARS AHEAD OF ITS TIME, bjorn borg 5 time WIMBLEDON! 6 time frog winner, good ol "Bear Castle" has my back on this one, ladies, sorry
my opinion is a highly educated one in this matter, you are right though "it is just that personal opinion" (dee-eep)
Boris Becker was an olympic gold medalist and the youngest man ever to win wimbeldon(@17!!!). He won it and other majors o****less times with a puma... guillermo vilas, who is also one of the all time greats played the exact same racquet, in fact, it was originally named after him!!!

you dare to insult or challenge the greatest and most historic and winning racquets of all time when you play with an aerogel? If you're ever in NOCAL I'll play you with any one of my vintage pumas (winner, super or top pro) and wager them against your aerogels before tossing them off the Bay Bridge.

Perhaps if unique innovative engineering and professional performance and not sweatshop produced knockoffs pushed to a western market
were the focus of "pro" kennex
Vilas, Becker, Borg, Agassi, Rusedski, Arias and countless other professionals would have used them

"Don't you Blaspheme in my house!"
Aretha Franklin, The Blues Brothers

treblings
12-01-2008, 01:27 PM
you dare to insult or challenge the greatest and most historic and winning racquets of all time when you play with an aerogel? If you're ever in NOCAL I'll play you with any one of my vintage pumas (winner, super or top pro) and wager them against your aerogels before tossing them off the Bay Bridge.

careful what you wish for:)i might take you up on that. wonīt use my head mgīs for that though, they are reserved for serious competition.
maybe my pk silver ace, head vilas, fischer superform stan smith???
do you remember the donnay roland stadler evolution? might use that one.

why you need to insult pk, insist on spelling wimbledon wimbeldon, or calling the french frogs i donīt know and donīt care for.

and fyi, the kinetics arenīt filled with sand and if you ever encounter tennis elbow i highly advice them. that technology really works.
and i like Donnay immensely. but Borg won Wim b l e don with a wooden Donnay, which was great to play but not really an innovation.

plasma
12-01-2008, 07:32 PM
my appologies to J.Tomasetti (forgive them for they know not of what they speak)
sampras played with a donnay at one point and not a kennex. Donnay was an extremely popular stick on the tour bitd, and one of the top choices among pros;kennex never ever was. I am not insulting any racquet, just honestly defending those actually designed for top tournament use (which are being unjustly torn apart and degraded on this thread!).

As far as your mention of 'serious competition'; since formally competing at an early age and growing up around adult professional tennis tournaments, I have honeslty never seen a kennex in any professional tournament whatsoever,or durring any pro hitting sessions (which unlike todays individual celebrity photo shoot practices; often contained ten top pros jammed onto a single court!!!) . these experiences extend well over a decade and gave me a deep arppreciation for the many radically different ways the sport could be played and won at a high level; and the pivotal role that the evolution of the racquet played in these amazingly differing styles.

Nor have I seen kennex in any in the of the countless junior tounaments I played; where, in the top ones, it was common to see well over a hundred players a day, from different draws and age categories. Didn't see a solitary one in four years of NCAA comp, or durring reigonal finals which were attended by numerous top colleges!

honestly curious to hear the name of 5 (five) top professionals or even journeymen pros who played with a kennex; or 5 ATP, or even satellite tournaments won with a "pro" kennex...
in the absence of such evidence I propose we move on, and agree that these are sweatshop knockoffs mass marketed to a western consumer market....and in fact not "pro" racquets.

it ain't talk if you can back it up

completeaustrailiansystemastughtbyHarryHopman

Kevin T
12-01-2008, 09:03 PM
How is the Wimbeldon Boron not a clear copy? Almost the same blueprints and cosmetics and name. ??? This is an ultra shameless copy of the original Prince Boron (made in Prnceton N.J. (8 hour shift)and not by nimble, hungry, tired and sad young Kunanese fingers!(big order....boss say 20hr. shift!) while it's true that all racquets are mass produced for consumers, the consumers primarily purchase them because the greatest players in the world choose them.
If you don't remeber the sand filled tubular frames (the original ones to bear the name "kinetic", they represent the only technological innovation that kennex had tried up to that point after over a decade in the market remaking everything that they could, that other companies succeeded with,... they were; and are (the original Kinetic avec sand) :perhaps some of the worst racquets ever, unless you need a shaker for your drum circle....dude)
ok, so obviously rossignol copied that idea, but they risked their necks to produce an inverted throat bridge in graphite. It's unique playability is still compared on this board to the legendary st. vincemt's. Like the prince mono the rossignol f200 deserves a design award and to be in a museum!!!!(Mats Wilander winner of three Australians, three French fried froggies(1@17!!!), and one u.s. open, not to mention putting McEnroe and our counrty to shame (ggrrrrr)in davis cup competition in the 1980's) might agree with me.

Clearly you never played with the original pro one or donnay wst cobalt, but yes Donnay was ahead of their time as evidenced by the superb technology, unparralelled playability and unique greatness of every racquet they made in the late 80's! )they have a feel like fischer, a european engineered and constructed quality feel, the exact difference between a bmw and a toyota.
I still beleive their racquets to be some of the best ever made, so I am humbly and honestly revising my original statement DONNAY IS 50 (fifty) YEARS AHEAD OF ITS TIME, bjorn borg 5 time WIMBLEDON! 6 time frog winner, good ol "Bear Castle" has my back on this one, ladies, sorry
my opinion is a highly educated one in this matter, you are right though "it is just that personal opinion" (dee-eep)
Boris Becker was an olympic gold medalist and the youngest man ever to win wimbeldon(@17!!!). He won it and other majors o****less times with a puma... guillermo vilas, who is also one of the all time greats played the exact same racquet, in fact, it was originally named after him!!!

Perhaps if unique innovative engineering and professional performance and not sweatshop produced knockoffs pushed to a western market
were the focus of "pro" kennex
Vilas, Becker, Borg, Agassi, Rusedski, Arias and countless other professionals would have used them

"Don't you Blaspheme in my house!"
Aretha Franklin, The Blues Brothers

Did you really just put Rusedski in the company of Vilas, Becker, Agassi and Borg? Aye!! Becker never used a Puma "frame". He used a Kneissl-manufactured "frame" with a nice, shiny Puma paintjob. Agassi used a Donnay that said company had to modify time and time again to mimic his Prince Graphite. By the way, aren't you talking about "dead" racquet brands? Where is Puma tennis? Where is Donnay tennis? Where is Rossignol tennis? Where is Kneissl tennis? Where is Snauwaert tennis? Where is Fischer tennis headed? Answer= the graveyard. PK makes sweet frames for all sports. I played Rossignol growing up and have always loved the Euro brands but they've gone the way of the dodo. Reisistance is futile.

plasma
12-02-2008, 12:53 AM
the fact that these companies are basically defunct will never put Kennex in their class on the tour,historically, or playwise....
... Boris Becker switched from Austrian kniessl white star lendl pro (fiberglass air rifle technology) to a Puma Vilas (an equally unique and revolutionary frame constructed out of 80% fiberglass) which he won wimbledon with, under the advice of coach, Ion Tiriac, who wanted to juice up his serve. I am quite certain that it was a Puma and not a kneissl pj....
still waiting to hear about majors won with kennex, and not your fatuous takes and cuts on the greatest sticks ever.

schwuller
12-02-2008, 06:44 AM
as a car guy, this discussion has echos in the car world. the biggest selling models? universally these will also be the least desirable models in the car universe. smaller manufacturers generally produce the most desirable models. let's take porsche for example. i'm a fan, and have one. small manufacturer, and one that has done so much development and production work for LARGER manufacturers that they've built special facilities just for this. similar story for the lotus group.
i will say this about pro kennex: if a person is knowledgeable of rackets beyond marketing (which includes what pro SUPPOSEDLY plays what racket), then that person will immediately recognize that kennex has always (with some exceptions) made a very notable product. the rackets they produce are not just good, they are excellent player's rackets.
we all know pete sampras used the pro staff and helped make it famous. he's probably 80% responsible for the silly prices that a used pro staff 85 goes for now.
who used a pro kennex? the true greatest of all time, rod laver. (in all fairness, his pro career was long finished by the time graphite came along; however, he did play this brand. so, it's something of a GOAT endorsement i'd say).

Kevin T
12-02-2008, 08:11 AM
the fact that these companies are basically defunct will never put Kennex in their class on the tour,historically, or playwise....
... Boris Becker switched from Austrian kniessl white star lendl pro (fiberglass air rifle technology) to a Puma Vilas (an equally unique and revolutionary frame constructed out of 80% fiberglass) which he won wimbledon with, under the advice of coach, Ion Tiriac, who wanted to juice up his serve. I am quite certain that it was a Puma and not a kneissl pj....
still waiting to hear about majors won with kennex, and not your fatuous takes and cuts on the greatest sticks ever.

If you know as much about tennis as you say you do, then you should know that Kneissl produced Puma's frames, just as they produced Adidas' frames. If you want another biggie, guess where the mould of the hottest selling racquet of the last 10 years, the Babolat Pure Drive, came from? Silence...silence...the Pro Kennex Destiny frame. That's not my opinion but the opinion of many pro stringers/insiders on this board that know the ins and outs of the business. And as Schwuller mentioned, the great Rod Laver was endorsed by PK. Are New Balance shoes crap because they don't have or seek pro endorsers? I'll put the quality/fit/finish of a PK frame against any of the current biggies.

treblings
12-02-2008, 12:48 PM
PK Destiny and Babolat Pure Drive. Didnīt know that, but sounds believeable to me.

I also didnīt know that Kneissl produced for Puma and Adidas.
Puma was an innovative racket company though. Particularly thanks to Günter Adam who developed the rackets that Vilas and Becker played with.

And let me say, that i have high hopes that Fischer doesnīt follow Puma, Snauwaert and others into extinction. They might retire from the U.S. market but they are alive and well in Europe.

vmosrafa08
12-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Plasma,

Situation critical here. It's really scary to have heard some deep insiders' information about the plans of the main people behind the troubling scene.

The troubles we see now are just to cover up the big scheme behind. Big trouble coming this way.

As for your ideas of sparking up interest, I'd agree and in fact I've been thinking a lot about this. Will probably think about this much later. I have to do something to help save the real big thing for now. It's "the" duty of everyone to so something now, some how, some way.

Cheers!

You're pretty weird...

netman
12-02-2008, 05:00 PM
The Taiwanese blew up the price curve on graphite manufacturing back in the 80's. They figured out how to do it for way less and at higher yields than anybody else in the world. So yes, if you made stuff out of "graphite" in the 80's, then it was a good bet it was made in Taiwan or made somewhere by a Taiwanese owned company. The mainland Chinese subs who contracted with the Taiwanese to meet demand overflow did what they do best and stole the processes, then used their labor cost advantage to take over the market.

So yes, Pro Kennex (Kunnan), who pioneered low cost graphite manufacturing, did in fact make most of the graphite tennis racquets, golf club shafts and hockey sticks in the 80's.

anirut
12-02-2008, 05:34 PM
You're pretty weird...

vamosrafa08,

I wasn't talking about tennis. I was talking about the dying democracy of a nation.

plasma
12-02-2008, 09:19 PM
pls don't insult my friend Mr.Anirut; he speaks and writes much better english than any of you speak or write Thai, so in my opinion he's not "weird", but unusually and highly intelligent... Besides, the point he was making deserves to be heard and understood by all, as it was about something much bigger than this sport will ever be...
back to the thread:
Ing. Gunter Adams is an engineering genius. He patented and designed two of the greatest racquets ever; the PCS winner and super. In 1983 Puma W. Germany bought the rights to the Winner which was played by all time legend G.Vilas. This revolutionary racket was decades ahead of its time for several reasons and provided access to twice as much power as sticks like the wps and pog due to its 80% fiberglass construction providing unimaginable effortless pinpoint accuracy.
No force is needed to hit 90 mph balls within inches of a 100 ft target with this marvel!!!
all original Kneissls say "made in Austria", some original rare Adidas gtx say "made in austria"..these are uber-rare early original white star lendl pro pj's made by kneissl for adidas, before adidas bought the molds and made the fiberglass gtx's in frogland. Puma is a w.german company who moved production to Taiwan after demand for their racquet skyrocketed in 1985 (... it still baffles me why the heck adidas and puma sticks were NEVER sold in the us???)

would like a pic of rod laver with his Pro Kennex.
any open throat racquet he ever hit with is likely phenomenal, and certified as "holy grail" status for rackaholics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcRNZeo70P4
I am a high level player and believe me, players back then were much better than players today....anyone who riddicules atheletes from this era is a fool and a rank amatuer! Jou Louis would wax any heavweight today!

connors was competetive with sampras, Jimmy actually switched back to the t-2000 after using the ProStaff which was created for him, Lendl played with a racquet that was closer to a standard than a mid, these guys were animals!

awesome history:
http://www.80s-tennis.com/pages/puma.html

as far as fischer-I cried a silent tear when they stopped producing the monoshaft that Anders Jarryd played, why have they produced so few 90's since the vacuum pro? Every shot with the vacuum feels like a DeLorean engine being turned over.....aahhhh!

treblings
12-03-2008, 05:23 AM
pls don't insult my friend Mr.Anirut; he speaks and writes much better english than any of you speak or write Thai, so in my opinion he's not "weird", but unusually and highly intelligent... Besides, the point he was making deserves to be heard and understood by all, as it was about something much bigger than this sport will ever be...

based on your posts i would say that anirut writes much better english than you.
and i agree with you. what happens in thailand at the moment is far more serious and important than our discussions and disagreements here.
i wouldnīt underestimate the importance of sports in general for society, and for bringing people together.
as far as your posts are concerned i would start to take you more seriously once you master the art of getting the names right(itīs Günter Adam not Gunter Adams for example) and stop insulting people or nations(frogland)

anirut
12-03-2008, 08:37 AM
Plasma & treblings:

Thanks for your understanding of the situation here.

I shall move on with the fight for democracy, for the power of the people. What the news says are just the "cover-ups". Political parties are dissolved only because of "I-say-they-must-be-dissolved" reasons. You know what I mean.

But don't worry. I won't be fighting evil with evil. I have much better ways than that.

Sorry to have taken this thread off the route ...

adidasman
12-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Gadzooks, there is some amazing bombast going on here. First of all, Pro Kennex was rarely used on the tour because they didn't pay the big endorsement bucks; Plasma, do you honestly think the pros use the frames they use because they choose them? Come on - you have no excuse for being that foolish. They use what they get paid to use, or they doctor up the racquet they like to look like the one they're paid to use. Second, Laver definitely used both the Golden Ace and the Asymmetric; I have a photo of me next to Rocket, and he's holding his Asymmetric. (He may have played other Kennex frames, but those two I know for sure.) Finally, I have friends who played on the tour who currently use and love their Kinetics, so your abuse of the brand because no major stars have used them is just stupid. Kennex makes great racquets, always has (both for themselves and for others); why do you feel the need to dismiss them? Because they're not Puma? PUMA??!? Yeah, there's a company committed to tennis. adidas did sell racquest here in the States in the late Seventies and early Eighties; I played the Haillet, but there were several other models available. You know, if you're going to babble incessantly, at least babble about something you know, or at least don't lie about things others can easily disprove.

And yeah, that Borg Pro was a real innovation. Wood. I guess it did have a really long grip, so maybe that's what you were referring to. That was definitely "decades ahead of its time". Give me a break...

plasma
12-03-2008, 07:42 PM
the only reason I continue with this arduous thread is because you guys keep taking fatuous cuts at the classics. I grew up around pros and pro tournaments in the 80's and never even saw a qualifier in any draw playing Kennex. Between lavers use of the Kennex and modern pros who use it today was a huge gap. I remeber at least 40 pros back then playing Donnay (including Henri LeConte)( trebblings is gonna give it to me for not spelling it with the accent marks,pardon mon g3, monsiuer, mais elle ne parle pas francais!) LeConte was the davis cup Sampras killer!)
other uber popular sticks on the tour, from my childhood memories watching pros at the time were the ultra 2, the r 22+23, the f200, (racquets impossible to duplicate or PJ) Jimmy Arias used a borg pro standard at the time and did well.
Yeah maybe these days it's all about sponsors pj's and endorsements, but pros back then played with what they liked, what they grew up playing with, and what suited their game best...
I promise never, ever to belittle the French again...

I've moved on to the Krouts and the Dutch!!!!

The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be.
Anne Frank

Il Mostro
12-03-2008, 07:51 PM
We've clearly established one thing --- you have no life. Give it a rest stronzo.

eddy143
12-03-2008, 08:15 PM
hahahhahahaha lame

adidasman
12-04-2008, 09:24 AM
plasma, you are so completely wrong about pros back then using "what they liked"; if anything, endorsements were even more important back then, because there wasn't as much money in the game. There were paint jobs back then, too - Nastase used a Kramer Autograph painted to look like an adidas, Laver sanded the paint off of his Maxplys and put Chemold covers on them, since that's what he endorsed. (Laver also used to endorse different frames in the US, Europe, and Australia, as Borg did in the US with Bancroft.) BUt your absurd fantasizing about how it used to be is just that - a fantasy.

Bud
12-04-2008, 01:38 PM
based on your posts i would say that anirut writes much better english than you.
and i agree with you. what happens in thailand at the moment is far more serious and important than our discussions and disagreements here.
i wouldnīt underestimate the importance of sports in general for society, and for bringing people together.
as far as your posts are concerned i would start to take you more seriously once you master the art of getting the names right(itīs Günter Adam not Gunter Adams for example) and stop insulting people or nations(frogland)

Agreed. Plasma's posts (at least in this thread) are troll bait... completely inaccurate and seeking negative attention.

The fact is PK makes great racquets now... and they made great racquets in the past. That's the bottom line whether he wants to admit it or not.

plasma
12-05-2008, 12:03 AM
sorry guys I grew up around pro tourney's in the 80's. I bet you can't name 3 pj's from back then besides Martina and Mac....krickstein played an ultra 2 standard, gomez with his handful of about 12 r 22's, wilander played Rossy, Anders Jarred played a monoshaft fischer, Mandlinkova played an ultra 2 mid,....pj's huh?

when people start to gang up and get personal on threads, you can tell that they are revising the history, or making up a version that makes them happy or sound knowledgeable...pathetic....

so as far as my "fantasies" (besides the Kournikova one...mmmmmm), no sorry, these are memories imprinted clearly in my mind, as far as "great racquets, without the names of all these pros who were playing them it's you who are fantasizing. Out of well over 1,000 pros who I watched personally in the 80's absolutely none played Kennex, not one.

who's fantasizing????

treblings
12-05-2008, 12:40 PM
when people start to gang up and get personal on threads, you can tell that they are revising the history, or making up a version that makes them happy or sound knowledgeable...pathetic....

so as far as my "fantasies" (besides the Kournikova one...mmmmmm), no sorry, these are memories imprinted clearly in my mind, as far as "great racquets, without the names of all these pros who were playing them it's you who are fantasizing. Out of well over 1,000 pros who I watched personally in the 80's absolutely none played Kennex, not one.

when people share the same opinion thatīs called agreeing on something not ganging up on somebody.
remember, if you will, that the whole argument started, because you didnīt know that pro kennex manufactured rackets for many of the top racket companies in the 80īs. once you realised that you were wrong, you changed the topic to how many pros played with what racket. thatīs a clear sign you are running out of arguments.

shell
12-05-2008, 07:25 PM
when people share the same opinion thatīs called agreeing on something not ganging up on somebody.
remember, if you will, that the whole argument started, because you didnīt know that pro kennex manufactured rackets for many of the top racket companies in the 80īs. once you realised that you were wrong, you changed the topic to how many pros played with what racket. thatīs a clear sign you are running out of arguments.

Only to add that the original poster was talking about the new prokennex line and did anyone have thoughts on that. This tread turned into something totally different - and that is a shame.

To the OP, sorry, and I hope to hear about the new PK line soon. Plasma allowing, of course.

retrowagen
12-05-2008, 08:38 PM
sorry guys I grew up around pro tourney's in the 80's. ... as far as "great racquets, without the names of all these pros who were playing them it's you who are fantasizing. Out of well over 1,000 pros who I watched personally in the 80's absolutely none played Kennex, not one.

Wow, must have missed Jose-Luic Clerc [with his Golden Ace], ATP #8 in '83, Henrik Sundstrom [Black Ace], ATP #6 in '84, Steve Denton [Black Ace], ATP #12 in 1983, Robert Seguso [Silver Ace], world #1 in doubles for the latter half of the 80's...

treblings
12-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Wow, must have missed Jose-Luic Clerc [with his Golden Ace], ATP #8 in '83, Henrik Sundstrom [Black Ace], ATP #6 in '84, Steve Denton [Black Ace], ATP #12 in 1983, Robert Seguso [Silver Ace], world #1 in doubles for the latter half of the 80's...

i didnīt remember Sundstrom, but you are right of course. i googled him some time back and couldnīt find anything.

pow
12-05-2008, 11:39 PM

sorry....
make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
-TW forum guidelines???

...because Federer and Nadal winning titles directly affect how well you will play?

wksoh
12-05-2008, 11:51 PM
Not here to defend anyone,.... but talking about Pumas

It's true Pumas make phenomenol rackets. I own many rackets from PS85, Tour90, ncode90, I and classic Prestiges, POG mid, F200, MG extreme Pro, Rad Tour and AG200. I also collect tweeners - APD, Instinct, PD, Shark.

My Pumas at 20 years old seems to have the best of everything, largest sweetspot for a 92in due to the wide shoulders. Lively 16x19 pattern and tops in maneuvrability. It slices so well too and have extra added spin in the forehand.

The AG200 is more powerful, but the Puma can do a lot more things.

Try it if you have the chance.....