PDA

View Full Version : what does "flexy" mean

roryhewitt92
11-07-2008, 09:13 AM
sz guys i just want 2 knw is it a gud ting or a bad one cheers

phoenicks
11-07-2008, 09:21 AM
flexy means the frame is flexible, which means at impact the racquet bends ( deflect ) a bit more than stiffer frame ( can only be witnessed in very high speed video ) flexible means that the racquet. needless to say, other things being equal, flexible frame has less power than a stiffer frame. Reason being when the frame bends and deflect more, hence absorbing some of the energy and return the shot with less power, and the opposite is true of the stiffer frame.

Stiffer frame is less comfortable than flexy frame because stiff frame transmit more shock to your arm as compared to flexier frame, and this also contributes to arm, forearm or elbow pain.

kalic
11-07-2008, 09:23 AM

It's good for someone, and bad for others :)
Anyway, if you dont hit hard it doesnt matter, especially because probably 95% of all current racquets are medium stiff to stiff, 64 to 70RA

Tofi
11-07-2008, 09:29 AM
dont type in text speech coz its crap and this is a forum not a bloody phone or chat room.

rich s
11-07-2008, 09:45 AM
dont type in text speech coz its crap and this is a forum not a bloody phone or chat room.

coz???

no hypocrisy here. ;)

ls206
11-07-2008, 10:23 AM
coz???

no hypocrisy here. ;)
hehe I had a little giggle at that.

"Flexier" frames are generally thought to be lower powered. This of course depends on the frame in question.

meowmix
11-07-2008, 12:37 PM
Flexier frames are also easier on the elbow, and cause fewer cases of TE. Stiffer frames provide more power, but are harsher on the body.

haerdalis
11-07-2008, 02:07 PM
It is just another way of saying rossignol F200 carbon.

zoobears
11-07-2008, 02:30 PM
I think coz is an acceptable shortened version of because. whereas ting instead of thing is just plain wrong.

Staiger
11-07-2008, 03:04 PM
You get abit more control on a flexible frame but it does lack the power. Whatever you do , dont go for the ''flexpoint'' range from Head . Them stupid holes really kills the racquet completely as I found out with my Prestige. Never again !!! noooooo!

Djokovicfan4life
11-07-2008, 03:20 PM

Don't leave out capital letters and punctuation in your sentences. :)

To the OP, pick up a Fischer M Pro and you'll understand what a flexable frame is.

roryhewitt92
11-07-2008, 04:47 PM
cheers lads tnx for all replyin , helped alot

matchmaker
11-07-2008, 07:32 PM
The concept of flexibility has changed quite a lot since early graphit. Virtually most racquets of back then would be considered flexible nowadays. The Dunlop Max 200g with a flex of 44 probably is the most flexible racquet ever. More recent flexible racquets include: Wilson nfury (two), Fischer M Pro, Volkl C10, VE mid, Redondo, Donnay Pro One, and a few others.
Flex will give you more confort but in some cases also take away some mph off your strokes, although this depends a lot on racquet construction and weight.

SFrazeur
11-07-2008, 07:47 PM
I think coz is an acceptable shortened version of because. whereas ting instead of thing is just plain wrong.

" 'Cause " would be more acceptable and would seem to be on a similar grammatical level as "ain't." For the record "coz" is plainly unacceptable.

-SF

Z-Man
11-07-2008, 07:57 PM
This guy is pulling our tails a bit with the silly talk.

Thepowerofchoice
11-07-2008, 09:01 PM
I normally use mostly "Flexy" racquets (PK Rodondo, PK Coopper Ace, PK Heritage type R and any racquets with flex rating around 50's) because of my previous tennis elbow. But this pass couple of months I have been using Yamaha Secret 04 which is one of the most stiff racquet and I have no arm pain at all...???? may be not yet ha ha

Steve Huff
11-07-2008, 10:11 PM
"Flexy" was the name of one of the characters in the movie Flesh Gordon.

pfchang
11-07-2008, 10:16 PM
" 'Cause " would be more acceptable and would seem to be on a similar grammatical level as "ain't." For the record "coz" is plainly unacceptable.

-SF

just kill this hypocrisy coz it sho ain't goin' nowhere. maybe that's how the bloke says across the channel.

XD

tennisdad65
11-11-2008, 10:31 PM
I normally use mostly "Flexy" racquets (PK Rodondo, PK Coopper Ace, PK Heritage type R and any racquets with flex rating around 50's) because of my previous tennis elbow.

can you tell by feel, which is the most flexy? redondo or copper ace or heritage R?

Gorecki
11-12-2008, 04:17 AM

i thought gaelic was scotish exclusive...:)

Gorecki
11-12-2008, 04:18 AM
It is just another way of saying rossignol F200 carbon.

or antagonism of Yamaha secret 04

Thepowerofchoice
11-12-2008, 07:04 PM
can you tell by feel, which is the most flexy? redondo or copper ace or heritage R?

Rodondo MP feels most flexy to me but Cooper Ace works just right for me. PK Hertitage R is also one of the most comfortable racquet I use but with 100 sq in make it little unstable for my 1handed backhand.

Ronaldo
11-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Many Yonex racquets like the SRQ 500 from the 90s feel flexy yet have plenty of power.

Alafter
11-13-2008, 12:34 AM

Oh yeah, dont try too hard to feel a racquet's flexiness. Dont feel bad if you cant honestly tell either. Some people, like say, me, cant really feel the racquet's flex.

And also, it is surprising that the recent radicals, being flexier than Agassi LE Radical or POG OS, has more power than either of these, isnt it? :)

dman72
11-13-2008, 05:27 AM
I know flexy when I feel it!! LM Radical, I could feel that racquet bending on every stroke. My NXG OS I feel it somewhat less, by I.x3 Granny stick I feel none. What's funny is, on contact, the I.X3 is the most solid FEELING racquet, because there is so little vibration. But because it is so light, the after effects of wacking balls all day with it can be felt..for days. Frame vibration is one thing, shock to the arm is the other. Weight is the main thing that counters shock, IMO.