PDA

View Full Version : Whaddaya think of Babolat?

joebedford
03-30-2004, 06:50 PM
Whaddaya think of Babolat racquets, in general?

cantaloupe
03-30-2004, 06:55 PM
good paintjob, bad for your groundstrokes, great for serve, bad for volleys, good for smashing into the ground, not so good to play with afterwards

dander
03-30-2004, 08:31 PM
the pc is an awesome racket, although i'll never pay $180 for a tennis racket.
and i'm so sick of the rod hole that I'll never sport the double white anyways

Anonymous
03-30-2004, 10:31 PM
Babolat rackets ****lapping suck.

galain
03-30-2004, 10:42 PM
Can't really comment from the options listed. Would like to try the PC, the Pure Drive was definitely not to my taste, have hit with a PC Zylon before and thought it was okay but a little dead.

They seem to have a following though.

Hawaii 5.0
03-31-2004, 12:31 AM
They are ok.Maybe when they make a small headed,heavy,flexible, thin beamed players frame,maybe with a dense pattern I'll change my mind.They do make great gut and other strings and other quality products, but they really don't have a complete line of tennis frames with out true players frames.Powerdown young Babolat racquet designers, power down.Their frames are overpriced,powerful, but cater to that huge market of tennis players with more money than time.I love thier stringing machines,grips,some of their bags, but only a handfull of thier dozens and dozens of frames.It's not that they make bad frames becuase they are of good quality, but they also have tons of overlapping frames.As a company I have to respect their guerilla marketing style of attacking the juniors/collegiate and up and coming players with free or discounted stuff along with heavy pro endorsement, but I feel they'll never truely break into the tennis frame market with that alone.Volkl has done a superb job of this with a full line of frames,good quality and they let them sell themselves which works.There is a reason why despite the Bab buzz where I live Volkl is just behind the big 3 of Wilson,Head and Prince and closing fast.

Phil
03-31-2004, 01:42 AM
I never used one. But one of my doubles playing partners switched from a Wilson PS 6.0 to a Babolat, and where before he hit some of the sweetest touch and drop volleys I had ever seen from a non-professional player, he basically can't hit them now, using the Bab. But the racquet has improved his serve, but it wasn't bad to begin with, and we're playing doubles here, anyway. I have urged him to trash the racquet, and he is seriously considering that advice.

AAAA
03-31-2004, 02:28 AM
The racquet does make a difference. Benjamin, proceed with your testing program.