PDA

View Full Version : Are my eyes deceiving me? MG Extreme for 100?

meowmix
11-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Whoa... That was unexpected. Despite the rumors of a new MG Extreme, I didn't expect the racket to go onsale this early.

BergTennis03
11-07-2008, 12:46 PM
pick it up as i just tried one of the new demos the other day and its nowhere near as good as the original IMO

Mansewerz
11-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Yea, I was shocked too. Hopefully there are more than just new extremes so the others can come down in price too.

It's too bad i'm used to flexy frames though.

soggyramen
11-07-2008, 04:07 PM
yup...i've actually gotten to hit with the demo and i hate it. it feels weird. i guess the new grommets killed it. right now i'm looking towards the radical pro and prestige (flexpoint or microgel)

iHabNoTeef
11-07-2008, 05:22 PM
BergTennis03 and soggyramen, are you referring to the new MG extreme as the racquet you demoed?

BergTennis03
11-07-2008, 05:23 PM
correct...

soggyramen
11-07-2008, 06:34 PM
BergTennis03 and soggyramen, are you referring to the new MG extreme as the racquet you demoed?

yes the new one. this guy down here has one. he's a big authorized reseller of head racquets. sometimes he gets things early. i really did not like it at all.

kelz
11-07-2008, 07:52 PM
I wonder what these changes would cause in the markets around here...

Casco
11-08-2008, 09:30 AM
I'm an Extreme Pro user and I'm wondering exactly what all the changes involve. Could those of you who have tried the new model please outline the changes and similarlities? thanks!

soggyramen
11-08-2008, 09:36 AM
I'm an Extreme Pro user and I'm wondering exactly what all the changes involve. Could those of you who have tried the new model please outline the changes and similarlities? thanks!

all the specs are the same and it looks like there's just a new coat of paint but it uses these "tefelon" grommets that prevent friction and create more string movement, increase durability, add more power, and increase feel. unfortunately those statements don't equate to a racquet that plays well. i think the feel is way worse than before. and there is a power increase but it has enough power as it is.

Casco
11-09-2008, 05:58 PM
So there will still be Extreme and Extreme Pro versions?

Hard to imagine how making the grommets with a lower friction material would make such a difference, but I'll take you word for it.

My initial thought was that Head was going to give us the benefit of all the modifications they made with Lubijic, as I believe they changed the spacing (drilling) of the strings to make the string pattern a little more open using the same number of strings.

soggyramen
11-09-2008, 06:04 PM
So there will still be Extreme and Extreme Pro versions?

Hard to imagine how making the grommets with a lower friction material would make such a difference, but I'll take you word for it.

My initial thought was that Head was going to give us the benefit of all the modifications they made with Lubijic, as I believe they changed the spacing (drilling) of the strings to make the string pattern a little more open using the same number of strings.

yes they made the spacing a litle wider i think. but those are just statements are from HEAD, not from me. I personally don't like the new one.