PDA

View Full Version : Most powerful prestige???

soggyramen
11-07-2008, 03:05 PM
I got a demo for the MG Prestige MP (not interested in the pro, i'm done with open string patterns) and i've yet to hit with it but i'm basically demoing it to find if i like the feel of the MP's and how the swing but which one is more powerful. cuz i'm gonna need all the help in the power department i can get.

phoenicks
11-07-2008, 04:54 PM
I got a demo for the MG Prestige MP (not interested in the pro, i'm done with open string patterns) and i've yet to hit with it but i'm basically demoing it to find if i like the feel of the MP's and how the swing but which one is more powerful. cuz i'm gonna need all the help in the power department i can get.

If you are looking for more power , I suggest you looking for it elsewhere, prestige are advanced, low power stick. and According to USRSA power rating index, all MG prestige model, whether it be mid, midplus or pro only have a rating of 1900++ power, which is not powerful at all !!!!

MP plays quite different from the traditional prestige line, but the swingweight is very low, so might help with maneuverability and swinging faster thus creating more racquet head speed. Can whip around more easily for more power, I think. other than that, I can't comment much, because I haven played with this stick yet.

phoenicks
11-07-2008, 05:23 PM
maybe you can try some lead tape if you really like prestige,but want more power. Just make sure that it won't kill your forearm and wont tire you out in extended matched.

soggyramen
11-07-2008, 05:31 PM
that's the thing i can swing it fast enough with a multi and get some really good power on the ball and i don't tire easily from swinging. lol and i am an advanced player. i'm just wondering which one would be the most powerful cuz there are time where i play matches when i'm not feeling my best and can't swing that hard.

phoenicks
11-07-2008, 05:41 PM
yeah,prestige can be very taxing when you are not in your best. according to USRSA power level,the most powerful would be MG prestige mid

MG prestige mid 1989
MG prestige MP 1907
MG prestige pro 1932

however, if you are not in the form, you can have some back-up stick that's less demanding in your bag, but changing a racquet during the match is not advisable thoug...

ronalditop
11-08-2008, 06:58 AM
yeah,prestige can be very taxing when you are not in your best. according to USRSA power level,the most powerful would be MG prestige mid

MG prestige mid 1989
MG prestige MP 1907
MG prestige pro 1932

however, if you are not in the form, you can have some back-up stick that's less demanding in your bag, but changing a racquet during the match is not advisable thoug...

the TW reviews of those MG prestige about their power levels says different.

MG prestige mid 72
MG prestige mp 75
MG pestige pro 75

Matty G
11-08-2008, 07:57 AM
You could always use a multi or gut strung loose. Also take a look at the aerogel 200 could be what you looking for . I havnt played with any microgel presteges but i did change to the fxp prestege mid for a short time and the ag200 does everything better imo.

soggyramen
11-08-2008, 08:28 AM
You could always use a multi or gut strung loose. Also take a look at the aerogel 200 could be what you looking for . I havnt played with any microgel presteges but i did change to the fxp prestege mid for a short time and the ag200 does everything better imo.

that's perfect cuz i got a demo of that with me as well.

zidane339
11-08-2008, 08:32 AM
I just hit a couple hours with the MP and it was really low powered even with a FXP 16...serves were nice though but groundstrokes just yielded no power for me...actually very disappointed in this frame...going back to the kblade tour! (although its considered even more low powered.weird, but i think its cause I generate more racquet head speed with it)

zidane339
11-08-2008, 08:34 AM
If you're interested soggyramen, I'm selling my MPs in the FS section (not up yet).

zidane339@aol.com

JacKKyKung
11-08-2008, 09:26 AM

That's all, the most perfect solution.

soggyramen
11-08-2008, 02:50 PM
hahaha well i tried the MG Prestige MP today and even though i could get a ton of power with it, the low swingweight made it tough for me to time my serves with it. i had the AG200 too and i hated it soooo much. in the end I ended up playing with my Kblade 98 demo the most. i did everything well with that racquet. it was amazing.

Matty G
11-08-2008, 08:44 PM
hahaha well i tried the MG Prestige MP today and even though i could get a ton of power with it, the low swingweight made it tough for me to time my serves with it. i had the AG200 too and i hated it soooo much. in the end I ended up playing with my Kblade 98 demo the most. i did everything well with that racquet. it was amazing.

Try add a bit of lead at 12 on the Mgp (4grams) and see how you like it. What didnt you like about the ag200?The K blade is a very good ''lighter prestege'' imo.

soggyramen
11-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Try add a bit of lead at 12 on the Mgp (4grams) and see how you like it. What didnt you like about the ag200?The K blade is a very good ''lighter prestege'' imo.

straight up honest the kblade with it's higher swingweight yet lower weight made it feel more solid and easier to use than the prestige. i really didn't like the prestige at all. plus my flat serves with the Kblade were phenominal.