PDA

View Full Version : Which one would you choose ?

nns91
11-07-2008, 04:35 PM
I think this can be annoying but if you can choose between AeroPro Drive (or +), Pure Drive (or +) or K61 team, which one would you pick as an ideal for a baseline player ( but also has a good feeling on the net) ?

Satch
11-07-2008, 04:49 PM
K61 tour...

Daycrawler
11-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Ncode 6.1.....

phoenicks
11-07-2008, 05:42 PM
K62 team is very low power, not sure if it suits your dominant baseline play.

nns91
11-07-2008, 06:29 PM
So among rackets that I listed. Which one would you choose ?

Drewwonu
11-07-2008, 08:19 PM
APDC is the way to go if your a baseliner

phoenicks
11-07-2008, 08:24 PM
pure drive if you want a rocket launcher, APD ( or with kotex ) if you want extra power but at the same time want a bit more control.

I would basically stay away from K 6 1 team as it's a weird racquet, no weight, no power, too flexy.

Steve Huff
11-07-2008, 09:10 PM
APD (not the long version). That's what I would choose for me.

pfchang
11-07-2008, 09:13 PM
maybe give the Aerostorm a shot.

it'll have some finesse for touch shots, but also the APDC part in it for baseline mashing and such and such.

prosealster
11-08-2008, 01:05 AM
APDC is the pick of the bunch for me... demo them all and u'll see... it's awesome stick on the baseline, less power, but more spin, control, stability and arm friendly compared to PD. It's a great serving stick too if u serve with spin, and a solid stick for volley..

i think both APDC and PD are better baseline basher sticks than k61T

nns91
11-08-2008, 04:25 AM
Yeah. I like APDC and PD too. It's so hard to choose between them. I am using a Drive Z Lite now so I don't know if the APDC and PD will be too heavy. Do you guys think so ?

Should I buy both of them or just choose one ?

PAINTJOBLOVERS
11-08-2008, 04:46 AM
one and stick with it.

Baseliner = PD
Counterpouncher, Defender or really varieted = APDC

nns91
11-08-2008, 04:52 AM
Will it be really heavy comparing to a Drive Z Lite and a APDC ?

PAINTJOBLOVERS
11-08-2008, 05:40 AM
I think Drive Z lite its just a racquet for juniors , no offense anyone out there. For me Pure Drive its a heavier, more power controlled version of the Drive Z Lite.

robertg06
11-08-2008, 05:49 AM
I think Drive Z lite its just a racquet for juniors , no offense anyone out there. For me Pure Drive its a heavier, more power controlled version of the Drive Z Lite.

Oh god hell no, I really hate that racket as a junior it caused me all sorts of problems. It was so light that I overswang and developed problems with my elbow :(

nns91
11-08-2008, 05:51 AM
That's how I feel with it. It's too light. I need something more powerful. So is it like a ton heavier with Pure Drive or APD ?

robertg06
11-08-2008, 05:52 AM
I've only used a Pure Drive once and it just didn't feel right for me....to be honest I've been using full size rackets since I was 9 so I was never really a 'junior' as such as I am also fully self taught...

nns91
11-08-2008, 06:16 AM
That's how I feel with it. It's too light. I need something more powerful. So is it like a ton heavier with Pure Drive or APD ?

PAINTJOBLOVERS
11-08-2008, 08:46 AM
no they're not A TON heavier, just the enough. i would really advice you to go with PD because of your game the description. you won't regret it. also Microgel Extreme wich is a bit less heavy than PD might be the right racquet.

master_stringer_mitchy
11-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Will it be really heavy comparing to a Drive Z Lite and a APDC ?

in a word yes. ive sold rackets for years and the drive z lite is a wicked racket for good juniors then there best to move on to the z tour then pure drive. that is of course if you like the chunkyer players stick. if i were you i would try to drive z tour and if you can handle it maybe just try the pure drive.

robertg06
11-08-2008, 09:48 AM
I really like the microgel extreme, so I would say that or the pure drive.

nns91
11-08-2008, 10:46 AM
I really appreciate you guys' opinions. So I can narrow my list down to PD and APD. It's such a hard decision. I don't know which one to buy. I am in a case that I cannot use the demo feature of Tennis Warehouse.

In case I choose to buy PD, should I choose the normal or the + version ? The same for APD. Should I buy both ?

nns91
11-08-2008, 05:05 PM
So I am about to finalize my choice. I am so tempted to buy both. Is it a good idea ?

nns91
11-09-2008, 04:40 AM
So I can narrow my list down to PD and APD. It's such a hard decision. I don't know which one to buy. I am in a case that I cannot use the demo feature of Tennis Warehouse.

In case I choose to buy PD, should I choose the normal or the + version ? The same for APD.

So I am about to finalize my choice. I am so tempted to buy both. Is it a good idea ?

REALLY URGENT !!!!

fin-tennis(h)
11-09-2008, 06:04 AM
Don't get both. Choose one and buy two similar rackets. For both net game and baseline I would take APD (non-plus) because it's the most versatile racket in your list. Just make a choise find your string setup and stick with your choise.

Just my two cents.

featherlight
11-09-2008, 06:08 AM
wat kind of player are you baseliner , all rounder , serve and volleyer.
please state. THANK YOU

PAINTJOBLOVERS
11-09-2008, 07:34 AM
He says hes a baseliner and volleys every once in a while.

Please dude, Hear me! LOL For baseline and a bit of volleys go with PD (not +). You will never lack of POWER, or SPIN. Even if you're tired, your balls wont lack of speed/power when you hit. Add control and you'll have a great racket for your type of game.

If you're worried about the weight i definitly encourage you to take in count the Microgel Extreme. Wich is th same but less heavy. ;)

nns91
11-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Yep. Thanks. I got the PD, probably a APD too. I decided to buy both of them since I love both of them.

How does the Roddick version compares to the normal PD ?

nns91
11-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Yep. Thanks. I got the PD, probably a APD too. I decided to buy both of them since I love both of them. I don't even know which PD I got since my mum bought it for me and gonna send it over. I guess she go the Roddick version by the way she said.

Tofi
11-09-2008, 11:42 AM
I think this can be annoying but if you can choose between AeroPro Drive (or +), Pure Drive (or +) or K61 team, which one would you pick as an ideal for a baseline player ( but also has a good feeling on the net) ?

if you want to feel the strings go for the 6.1 team but if you want the vibration dampened then go for the aero pro drive.

nns91
11-09-2008, 12:08 PM
Thanks for your opinion but I think I am gonna stick with Babolat for now.

I decided to buy both of them since I love both of them. I don't even know which PD I got since my mum bought it for me and gonna send it over. I guess she go the Roddick version by the way she said.

nns91
11-09-2008, 02:22 PM
I decided to buy both of them since I love both of them. I don't even know which PD I got since my mum bought it for me and gonna send it over. I guess she go the Roddick version by the way she said.

nns91
11-09-2008, 06:54 PM

Is it super heavy ?? Is the strung weight 323 g or 332 g ?

I really need some input here before I decide to buy it.

nns91
11-10-2008, 03:55 AM

Is it super heavy ?? Is the strung weight 323 g or 332 g ?

I really need some input here before I decide to buy it.

I am sorry if it's too annoying

Il Mostro
11-10-2008, 04:31 AM
The APDC is a good all-court racquet. The only shortcoming it has is a too muted feel for my taste. If your game isn't primarily limited to the baseline, it is a better all-around choice IMO.

mawashi
11-10-2008, 05:40 AM
The APDC is a good all-court racquet. The only shortcoming it has is a too muted feel for my taste. If your game isn't primarily limited to the baseline, it is a better all-around choice IMO.

That's perhaps why Nadal prefers the older version too LOL! I agree that the APDC is a pretty good all round stick but it feels a bit too light and I tend to hit shorter but higher top spin shots with that stick. I've yet to add lead to it but I'm sure it'll play better with some lead at the head. I've yet to get my hands on a non C APD but I think I'm really going to like it. mawashi

nns91
11-10-2008, 06:04 AM
So how about A Pure Drive Roddick ? how is it comparing to Pure Drive ?

Is it much heavier ? or just a little bit. I don't know if I should get the Pure Drive Roddick or not ??

REALLY URGENT !!!

nns91
11-10-2008, 09:20 AM
So how about A Pure Drive Roddick ? how is it comparing to Pure Drive ?

Is it much heavier ? or just a little bit. I don't know if I should get the Pure Drive Roddick or not ??

REALLY URGENT !!!

unprotennis
11-10-2008, 01:59 PM
apdc all the way for a baseliner. that racquet is really good if you camp the baseline and like to grind and work that ball. not so great touch with the apdc though. i really despise the cortex system it jacks most if not all the feel.

unprotennis
11-10-2008, 02:03 PM
by the way the pdr isnt too heavy its 0.4 oz heavier according to tw. if your just coming of arm related injuries dont take it. it has a crazy stiffness of about 71 if im not mistaken. the pdr is also good at grinding too like the apdc but has more stability

nns91
11-10-2008, 02:11 PM
So how does the stiffness affect ?

PAINTJOBLOVERS
11-11-2008, 04:14 AM
Everyone told you not to buy both rackets, because it is not good for your game however you did so.

Its your money, and your decision so i don't see why should i ***** a about it, but next time if you're not going to take in account peoples opinions then dont make us waster our time responding to you.

nns91
11-11-2008, 04:53 AM
Actually, I did not get both of them.

PAINTJOBLOVERS
11-11-2008, 05:52 AM
you said you did.

whatever. just dont do it please. its not gonna help your game.

the wise wizard
11-11-2008, 05:58 AM

i would say that the apdc is the way to go, the k61 is pretty low powered for an intermediate racquet + it has an 18x20 string pattern which will not give the amount of spin you probably want, but the k61 easily has the best feel at net

nns91
11-11-2008, 06:10 AM
you said you did.

whatever. just dont do it please. its not gonna help your game.

I really appreciate your help, man. How will it destroy my game ??

rich01
11-11-2008, 06:23 AM
I'd go for the aeropro drive, the extended length is ok if you have a two handed backhand.

nns91
11-11-2008, 06:35 AM
How would using 2 different rackets destroy my game ?

PAINTJOBLOVERS
11-11-2008, 07:26 AM
because you would have to always change the way you play to fit the racquet you would use, however if you go with only 1 racquet you will play always the same way and will be consistent in your groundstrokes wich will help you improve.

if you change of racquets sometimes you will have to add or less the power you put into the ball, or sometimes you wont have as much as control as you want, swing speed will vary so your timing will have to change too etc. there are many things that you would have to change if you pick 2 racquets, and that bro is not gonna let you go further in tennis or improve your game.

nns91
11-11-2008, 07:48 AM
I see. So I made a bad decision then ?? Is there any way I can fix it ?

PAINTJOBLOVERS
11-12-2008, 04:01 AM
well yes,if you already ordered them from TW you can cancel your order and place a new one with the 2 racquets (of the same kind) you want. APDC or PDC! Or sent them an email and they may change your order and that's it.

If you bought them in a store they always change stuff as long as is new and not used so just go and with the recipt change it.

oest10
11-12-2008, 04:31 AM
I like the APDC more than the other two as well, great racket :)

GPB
11-12-2008, 05:56 AM

I hit with a K61 Team that a friend is demoing, and it's great! But you really gotta demo these for yourself and see what you like.