PDA

View Full Version : Need help in choosing a racquet

rChan
11-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Hi I'm new to the forum and would like some help in choosing which racquet I should get. The racquets I am thinking about are the Head Microgel Prestige of any size, Babolat Aero Drive, or the Wilson K90. Although currently I am leaning towards the Microgel Prestige Mid, I want to hear what people who have more experience than me with these racquets have to say. Also feel free to recommend some racquets, but I prefer them to be under 100 sq. in. and no smaller than 90 sq. in. and headlight.
I don't exactly know what kind of player I am, some of my friends put me as a all rounder, but then they try to break it down further they can't because my play styles are a bit random:confused:. Also I use both eastern and western for shots and I just though I'd put it out there just in case it helps in determining which racquet is best for me.

phoenicks
11-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Hi I'm new to the forum and would like some help in choosing which racquet I should get. The racquets I am thinking about are the Head Microgel Prestige of any size, Babolat Aero Drive, or the Wilson K90. Although currently I am leaning towards the Microgel Prestige Mid, I want to hear what people who have more experience than me with these racquets have to say. Also feel free to recommend some racquets, but I prefer them to be under 100 sq. in. and no smaller than 90 sq. in. and headlight.
I don't exactly know what kind of player I am, some of my friends put me as a all rounder, but then they try to break it down further they can't because my play styles are a bit random:confused:. Also I use both eastern and western for shots and I just though I'd put it out there just in case it helps in determining which racquet is best for me.

both eastern an western,that's the weirdest combination I've ever heard.

rChan
11-07-2008, 04:59 PM
yea... i used to be all continental but then I switched to eastern and then my friend taught me western so I use all 3 but for different shots.

phoenicks
11-07-2008, 05:04 PM
okay, back to the topic, for MG prestige Mid, you can check out drakulie post on it, a lot of reviews and insight there.

Here's how I feel about it,
this racquet is very solid, a relatively nice swingweight ( 329kg/cm^2 according to tennis.com racquet finder ) and yet very maneuverable, easy to swing around and whip fast for good racquet head speed. Exceptional plow through, pancake the ball very well. Relatively easy to generate spin. Great directional control, can flirt with lines quite well. Great for serving flat bomb as well. Though stiffer than PC 6000, but still is quite comfortable on your arm after break-in period.

And these are the biggest difference between MG prestige mid and PC600, PC 600 is flexier and have a thick rich feel to it, while MG prestige Mid is crisper and stiffer.

rChan
11-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the tip on the forum and I don't really use flat serves I'm mainly a slice serve player.