PDA

View Full Version : Prince 03 Speedport tour Port or Hole?

Zachery87
11-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Users of the Prince 03 Speedport tour 97inch can you comment on the difference in feel, maneuverability, power, and control between the Stringhole insert and the Stringport insert?

pfchang
11-08-2008, 03:09 PM
no big diff.

but maneuverability? c'mon man, that's not going to be affected at all.

you'll just get a little more feel from the hole inserts. aside from that, the muted feel is already prevalent.

soggyramen
11-08-2008, 03:13 PM
use the hole inserts. the ports feel like a trampoline.

SonRK
11-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Hole inserts is def. the way to use that racquet with. They are currently my main sticks =]

tlm
11-08-2008, 06:25 PM
I prefer the hole inserts also, but it did not play that bad with the ports. As far as maneuverability goes there is some difference. The racquet weighs a little more with the string inserts than it does with the ports. The ports also make the racquet more headlight.

The string hole inserts give me more bite,more feel+more control.The ports feel more mushy+less distinct.

themitchmann
11-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Holes for sure...too much power with the ports. Holes give you better feel and more control.

TennisMD
11-09-2008, 09:41 AM
I have gone back and forth between the two for about a month now. Conclusions port more comfort, definately so if arm issues go here. Port bigger sweet spot. String holes more crisp feel, minimally exral control but I had graet control with the port overall right now I go with the port

counterpuncher
11-09-2008, 03:31 PM
String holes add 4 grams over the port holes - I weighed both on my digital scales before installing. That said the swingweight increases at a guess somewhere around 5 points.

I've ended up sticking with the string holes as I also found the port holes to be a little like a trampoline - even with poly. However if you use loads of topspin and don't really hit anything flat - then it won't be as much of a factor.

Better feel and stability for me with the string holes with slightly less power and also a very annoying tinny ping. A dampener has helped, but I think I will need a softer cross for my poly or a softer poly as Lux Ace and Cyberflash ping way too much.

tlm
11-09-2008, 04:14 PM
I noticed more of a ping sound with poly also, but it doesnt bother me. I am now using weisscannon explosive+there is no pinging sound.

StumpyDaMooseGod
11-09-2008, 07:13 PM
I never tried the holes but I like using the ports because of the larger sweetspot.