PDA

View Full Version : took new ag100 for some ball machine baseline grooving

mental midget
11-08-2008, 07:43 PM
this frame is incredible. i've got it leaded up just a bit at 3 and 9, nothing crazy. the combination of "new school' maneuverability and power, with a serious dose of smooth plow through (feels like my old green/gray prestige 600) is ridiculous. it also bombs serves. i am honestly not thinking about other rackets right now.

i play a sw forehand and 1hbh, both with a lot of racket head speed through the ball, so if this sounds familiar, i can't recommend this racket enough. it's probably fine without the tape, but that little nudge really does just load this thing up, without dropping any of the knifey quality around the baseline and up at net.

HenryS12
11-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Just wondering, how many grams did you add?

Ross K
11-08-2008, 11:32 PM
MM,

That opening 3 or 4 sentences has totally captured my attention! It also seems to concur with what someone told me yesterday, namely the AG 100 is pretty forgiving for a mid... true yeah?... Anyway, I'm going to research more on this racket.

R.

BreakPoint
11-08-2008, 11:33 PM
Did you add a leather grip? It's not complete until it's got a leather grip. :)

octman12
11-09-2008, 12:16 AM
what kind of leather grip would you put?

Staiger
11-09-2008, 02:43 AM
It is about time that the AG100 got the credit it deserve , it is ashame that it is so rare and only on sale from a few places. (And why are they not bringing out a 4D version of the 100)
I demoed the racquet a few weeks ago and it is amazing on ground strokes from the baseline (even with a stock racquet ) with power , spin and control,not so manuvable though . This stick is a ''must'' for any base-line bashers out there !!!

N.B i demoed this racquet at the same time with the PDR and it is a world-apart in performance

mental midget
11-09-2008, 05:42 AM
i bought it from a TW'er who already slaped on leather grips (something i was going to do regardless.) he had it leaded up pretty substantially, i cut it down to strips that extend across the four middle crosses, so maybe like ~2 in. strips, .25" width tape.

as for forgiving, i'm not sure, ball machines are pretty predictable so i was catching the ball cleanly for the most part. but it is quite smooth, and holds the ball nicely through contact.

phamster
11-09-2008, 05:54 AM
i had asked the dunlop rep about what stick he recommended me. i want to switch from the pstour90 to a dunlop stick.

"Here would be your options:

Aerogel 100 (90 sq in head with an open string pattern). We brought the racquet to America in a limited amount and the demand has been huge. Only the big dealers carry it and most are sold out. In my territory the only place that has any left is Indianapolis Racquet Club. ******* Sports is sold out. I think Tennis Warehouse still has some but they aren't in my territory so I can't tell you for sure. The racquet was so successful that we are bring more over in late December.

Aerogel 200 (95 sq in head with a 18x20 string pattern). It's not an open string pattern like you said you prefer but it may be worth a demo. It gives you a suprising amount of pop and spin potential in a 18x20 pattern.

Aerogel 300 (98 sq in head with open pattern). This is a brilliant racquet but it's only about 11oz strung. This was my racquet of choice until our new racquets come out in January (I'll tell you about those as well). I like a racquet to be closer to 12oz but this racquet is easy to customize. With an overgrip and a little bit of lead tape this racquet is great.

Aerogel 4D 300 (replaces the Aerogel 300 in January). All the specs are similar to the Aerogel 300 but it uses our new 4 Directional Braiding Technology. Basically 4D braiding is the braiding of the graphite fabric in 4 directions in key parts of the racquet. It gives you the strength and stability of 4 layers of graphite but because it's braided instead of stacked it doesn't add the stiffness or mass. The racquet plays softer than the Aerogel 300 and felt more stable.

Aerogel 4D 300 Tour (97 sq in head with a 18x20 string pattern). Available in January. Not an open string pattern but it's a new racquet that fits in between the 200 and 300. It's about 11.5 oz. I still need to play test a little more but my playing racquet will either be this racquet or the 4D 300 with a little bit of lead.

I hope this helps you a little. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Territory Manager (IN, OH, KY, PA, WV)
Dunlop Sports
"

BreakPoint
11-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Aerogel 100 (90 sq in head with an open string pattern). We brought the racquet to America in a limited amount and the demand has been huge. Only the big dealers carry it and most are sold out. In my territory the only place that has any left is Indianapolis Racquet Club. ******* Sports is sold out. I think Tennis Warehouse still has some but they aren't in my territory so I can't tell you for sure. The racquet was so successful that we are bring more over in late December.

That last sentence is what many of us wanted to hear. :)

[d]ragon
11-09-2008, 11:16 AM
Sweet. Thanks for the post phamster. I'm looking at that 4D300 tour. Can't wait to give it a try

hoodjem
11-09-2008, 05:18 PM
No 90 sq. in? That's too bad.

sargeinaz
11-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Ya I got my eye on that 300 tour as well. It will be the last stick I try out before I decide to get a couple more Fischer M Pro 1's.

shintan17
11-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Sorry, a bit off the topic, but did you hear anything about releasing 4D 200 16x19 version from the Dunlop rep you talked to?

Rookie
11-10-2008, 12:23 AM
I never feel comfortable with Dunlop racquet.... after HM series

leonidas1982
11-10-2008, 06:36 AM
i had asked the dunlop rep about what stick he recommended me. i want to switch from the pstour90 to a dunlop stick.

"Here would be your options:

Aerogel 200 (95 sq in head with a 18x20 string pattern). It's not an open string pattern like you said you prefer but it may be worth a demo. It gives you a suprising amount of pop and spin potential in a 18x20 pattern.

Aerogel 300 (98 sq in head with open pattern). This is a brilliant racquet but it's only about 11oz strung. This was my racquet of choice until our new racquets come out in January (I'll tell you about those as well). I like a racquet to be closer to 12oz but this racquet is easy to customize. With an overgrip and a little bit of lead tape this racquet is great.

Aerogel 4D 300 (replaces the Aerogel 300 in January). All the specs are similar to the Aerogel 300 but it uses our new 4 Directional Braiding Technology. Basically 4D braiding is the braiding of the graphite fabric in 4 directions in key parts of the racquet. It gives you the strength and stability of 4 layers of graphite but because it's braided instead of stacked it doesn't add the stiffness or mass. The racquet plays softer than the Aerogel 300 and felt more stable.

Aerogel 4D 300 Tour (97 sq in head with a 18x20 string pattern). Available in January. Not an open string pattern but it's a new racquet that fits in between the 200 and 300. It's about 11.5 oz. I still need to play test a little more but my playing racquet will either be this racquet or the 4D 300 with a little bit of lead.

I hope this helps you a little. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Territory Manager (IN, OH, KY, PA, WV)
Dunlop Sports
"

Now that sounds like a company listening to their condumer base. Hopefully, other companies get the message of the type of racquets that should also be produced.