PDA

View Full Version : Customizing Yonex RQiS 1 Tour

rohju
11-09-2008, 07:05 AM
All,

just recently switched to the Yonex RQiS 1 Tour.

It's great for baseline and volleys, however it seems I have some issues with my serve. It's quite diffucult to generate same spin & power in comparison with my former racket (Yonex RD ti 80).

Thinking about adding some lead - what do think.

Fedace
11-09-2008, 07:17 AM
Add on top of the head.

crosscourt
11-09-2008, 08:42 AM
The racket seems to have no mass anywhere useful -- it's a real disappointment unless you have counterpunching game, I guess.

Let us know if you find a set up that works.

cc

unprotennis
11-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Add on top of the head.

i agree. prolly give you some useful power on a powerless frame imo.

gymrat76
11-09-2008, 01:32 PM
there was a thread (a long one) about a poster who turned this stick into a serving machine...i recall reading that he added at 10 and 2..find that post..im sure you will enjoy reading it..

btw- i read several and several posts on this racquet being powerless..which is what i am looking for..but i never bothered to try since i am pretty sure it will end up being too powerful for me...just by judging the thick beam, ball will fly on me, i am pretty sure..now i am playing with an RD7 strung w timo at 61/58..rd7 is less powered than rquis tour on power index..still powerful..i will be happily moving to PS85s soon and also awaiting for my dnx10mp and pt630 which will be my first18x20 patterned racquets and cant wait...

[d]ragon
11-09-2008, 02:13 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=169112&highlight=serve+monster

RFRF
11-09-2008, 03:10 PM
just experiment with different strings and tensions as well as the lead tape this will fix your problem, also try power pads!

furyoku_tennis
11-09-2008, 07:47 PM
add some lead at 12. really gave it some headspeed.

crosscourt
11-10-2008, 02:43 AM
there was a thread (a long one) about a poster who turned this stick into a serving machine...i recall reading that he added at 10 and 2..find that post..im sure you will enjoy reading it..

btw- i read several and several posts on this racquet being powerless..which is what i am looking for..but i never bothered to try since i am pretty sure it will end up being too powerful for me...just by judging the thick beam, ball will fly on me, i am pretty sure..now i am playing with an RD7 strung w timo at 61/58..rd7 is less powered than rquis tour on power index..still powerful..i will be happily moving to PS85s soon and also awaiting for my dnx10mp and pt630 which will be my first18x20 patterned racquets and cant wait...

The RD7 is a pretty powerful stick. The RQiS Tour is nothing like as powerful.

cc

master_stringer_mitchy
11-10-2008, 03:55 AM
i added 6 grams of weight to mine when i had it and that helped. thing is that racket seems to have no power, i had to swing real hard to get anything and im a big guy who gets on really well with my k blades. using a hybrid stringing helped as well

crosscourt
11-10-2008, 04:57 AM
Very interesting. Where did you put the lead and do you know what specs you ended up with?

cc

SFrazeur
11-10-2008, 10:16 AM
All,

just recently switched to the Yonex RQiS 1 Tour.

It's great for baseline and volleys, however it seems I have some issues with my serve. It's quite diffucult to generate same spin & power in comparison with my former racket (Yonex RD ti 80).

Thinking about adding some lead - what do think.

How long have you been using it? I took to serving with it a lot earlier than a lot of people seem to be. After about 300 serves from the basket and I had it. Which is unusual as serving is a weakness for me. I've been able to serve my best yet with this stick, stock even. If it has only been a few days, or a week or two but you haven't really had a chance to adjust to it then I would give it more time before breaking out the lead. If it has been a good amount of time and you want to lead I would suggest starting with a very small amount at 12. Adding lead there will increase swing weight with the least amount of lead necessary. If you can exploit the higher sw/weight you should find some more power.

How much lead to add is up to you, but I always suggest starting out small, you can always build up.

Whatever changes you make try and only make one change at a time. That way you can pinpoint exactly what is helping you and possibly what might hinder.

I'll be posting my review on this racquet late next week, feel free to tell me how wrong or right I am. ;)

-SF

master_stringer_mitchy
11-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Very interesting. Where did you put the lead and do you know what specs you ended up with?

cc

i tried adding 12g at 3 and 8 and that made no real differnece other than feeling to heavy. changed it to 6g at 12 and was nice, good to serve with n all. i liked the racket alot, thing is, i hit everyball as hard as i can really and everynow and again a shot would rip like ive never seen before, then when i started hitting with my old racket that was happening more often and i knew! i know ivanovic and hewitt actually used it and they have both changes within a year. to get the best you should add weight at 12 and use a soft string, nxt tour on the mains with a poly on the crosses, or a soft string all over quite loose. i think it is just a racket that needs patience. hope u get on well and let me know!

gymrat76
11-12-2008, 10:44 AM
I do not understand when people say this racquet has no power. If you drop the tension, is it not gonna have power?

Roms
11-23-2008, 05:24 AM
perfect for my rqis :
6 gramms on the top
msv 1.23 in main 23kg
nando 1.18 in cross 23 kg (it is an awsome cordage like the luxilon supersense, but just available in france i believe, extreme-tennis.fr, the pro line II 1.20 is similar, but not as good)

With that, I have huge control, huge ball speed and awsome spin. The comfort is good too