PDA

View Full Version : this time again.

unprotennis
11-09-2008, 06:43 PM
its this time again where im looking for a new racquet. ive previously been using a pure drive roddick jr. which has undergone massive change, a bump to 11.4 oz. even with this weight added it still lacks the control, power and stability i seek. i have been eyeing a couple racquets which hit my sweetspot.
mg prestige pro
mg prestige mp (18x20)
kblade tour

some things about my game are that i am an all courter. currently im playing with a onehanded bh with an eastern grip. for my fh i go extreme eastern. i prefer the baseline and like to finish the point quickly. if my touch is "on" i go on the attack and volley. im 14 btw.

which do you think i should choose?

meowmix
11-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Interesting playing style. For that game, I think the MG Prestige Pro would suit you the best. You need a solid racket, that's equally good for baseline bashing and volleying. You need something that will give a lot of control, but yet will still provide the power when needed. I think, of the rackets here, the MG Prestige Pro is the best bet.

mypod4900
11-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Well, if you like the MP and Pro versions... personally I think the mid is far superior to those and it would seem to conform to your playing style as well. just my .02

mypod4900
11-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Upon further reflection I see your style is frighteningly similar to my own--all court, extreme eastern fore hand, I'm even a junior. In fact the only that is not the same is my backhand--I use a 2HBH. Further more, I use and love my POG mids. So, you might want to give that one a spin.

unprotennis
11-10-2008, 01:36 PM
the problem is that id like to demo but canada isnt eligible for demos. all i can do is look to reviews and you guys for advice

unprotennis
11-10-2008, 05:41 PM
though i do have a pal at the club who owns a pog ill ask him if i can try it