PDA

View Full Version : Good Bye Radicals, welcome Prince

claude
11-10-2008, 06:09 AM
Dears, I recently put in the closet a pair or Head Radicals (in fact, i. Radicals midplus) and just switched to Prince O3 Tour MS (95" head size) and then just I really felt that my game experienced a new start. Did anybody in this forum feel such a sensation in his playing by changing racquets? May be racquets (Head, Prince, or whatever) "get older" (less feeling, less forgiveness, etc.) with the passing of time. Thanks.

McLovin
11-10-2008, 06:33 AM
Yes, and I refer to it as the "New Racket Glow". Give it a few more weeks and you will be back to your old, crappy game....

Seriously, this has happened every time I've switched rackets. That's why this time I decided to demo the racket for a full month, even going so far as to string it w/ my own string so I could tell if it was really for me.

the Town Sherif
11-10-2008, 06:34 AM
welcome to the feeling that every single person has felt on this forum

Gorecki
11-10-2008, 06:44 AM
i think you are right there. i should also let you know the existence of the Gorecki Charitable Foundation for Abandoned Old Racquets, where we will receive with open arms your olde unwanted i.radicals... :)

now seriously... do get too excited... in a few days you will see how your game will bounce back to those oldies.

ps: if not... take the first paragraph seriously:)

BobFL
11-10-2008, 07:13 AM
Dears, I recently put in the closet a pair or Head Radicals (in fact, i. Radicals midplus) and just switched to Prince O3 Tour MS (95" head size) and then just I really felt that my game experienced a new start. Did anybody in this forum feel such a sensation in his playing by changing racquets? May be racquets (Head, Prince, or whatever) "get older" (less feeling, less forgiveness, etc.) with the passing of time. Thanks.

There is a name for that -> honeymoon. It will be over soon, trust me.

mozzer
11-10-2008, 07:29 AM
Happened to me when i started to use my vantage just over a month ago and i still feel it plays loads better then my old pure drive.

ac3111
11-10-2008, 01:06 PM
There is a name for that -> honeymoon. It will be over soon, trust me.

The good thing with racquets is that you can marry them as many times as you want... and with not big cost...