PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Völkl Catapult 10 ?

niktub
11-10-2008, 09:14 AM
Hello,
i have made a search but would like to have your opinions about this racquet...
Thanks in advance.

Rabbit
11-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Probably the single most unique frame in the Catapult series. It was a very comfortable frame especially in view of its weight. The frame took knocks for control depending on the users' stroke production.

The frame did well around here with 3.5 - 4.5 players. A couple of guys I know play with them and love them.

galain
11-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Have one and played with it for quite awhile.
Loved the feel of the frame - soft and comfortable, control was great, access to spin was no issue, really - it was a great all round performer and very hard to fault.

The only quibble I had was that I found it not as easy to bomb serves with as some others I've used - and the big serve is something I do tend to rely on at times. Having said that, it was really very easy to kick in a high bouncing three quarter serve and get good net position with plenty of time to spare - so it was certainly no deal breaker when I was using this stick - I just won with the first volley rather than the big serve.

The only reason I put it away is because i went back to a denser string pattern, which I prefer. Check it out -great stick.

NoBadMojo
11-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Think if they would have only used the same catapult system they used in the other Cat frames, they would have had a winner. They created special catapults only for this frame, and I dont think they worked as well as the others, in that flat hit balls were hard to control compared to the regular catapults....other than this, a very nice soft all over racquet that felt and looked like a precision instrument

niktub
11-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Thanks.
I am not familiar with this catapult system...i'll try it anyway.
Does it play close with anything available today?It seems very unique.

galain
11-11-2008, 02:14 AM
I can't think of anything that would give you the same sensation of the Cat 10 today. The catapault system does tend to 'divorce' you from the string bed a little - just a little - which results in a muted response. However, this is completely unlike Prince's 0 Ports or speedports - I found they had far far less feel than the Cat 10. I also used to string my cat 10 with a multi or syn gut - and again - considerably more feel than any of the (admittedly few) poly's I've tried.