PDA

View Full Version : 100 to mid good?

SeekHeart
11-10-2008, 03:13 PM
I'm thinking about switching from my Roddick Pure Drive racket to a Wilson K-Six 90(Fed's racket). What do you guys think? I just think that a smaller racket would help me hit better than a 100 because I tried my friend's midsize and I actually hit a lot better xD.

baek57
11-10-2008, 03:26 PM
choosing a racquet is a personal choice. different people like different things. the only way you are going to know if you like the k90 is if you try it. so get your hands on a demo or if you know someone who has one and ask to try it.

Fed Kennedy
11-10-2008, 03:47 PM
you will be hard pressed to find a sweeter feeling control racquet than the k90. conversely, you may find it harder to play effective defense when pinned deep behind the baseline late in a match. that's my experience.

T1000
11-10-2008, 04:31 PM
Go for it. I did a similar switch about a week or two ago (tflash 290 to rds 001 mid). I do not regret it. My whole game has gone up a whole level imo.

Winners or Errors
11-10-2008, 04:44 PM
I think the forgiveness of larger racquets is over-rated. If you like the mid, and it gives you what you want that the PDR doesn't, go for it. Worst case scenario, you frame a few more balls, but that seems to be a function of balance and timing more than head size for me. If the racquet is weighted differently, volleys and service returns may take a few matches to get going...