PDA

View Full Version : Prokennex...asymmetric,kinetic ,ionic....wow

jbleiman
11-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Switched To Prokennex Because Of Tennis Elbow...have 2 Asymmetrics,5g,5g Reach,5g Reach Os,ki5,7g,ki10...just Traded For Most Of These In The Past Few Weeks...played With Only A Few So Far...but I Am Impressed....they Don't Get The Credit They Deserve

Would Like To Hear From Others About Their Experiences

The Dampener
11-10-2008, 03:37 PM
The 5G kept me on the courts through my year-and-a-half battle with golfer's elbow.

PBODY99
11-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Yes, the Pro Kennex frames are very"arm friendly" in my experience. I don't have that many clients who have TE but the four that I got to use one of the Kinetic series have found that they could return to pain free playing after the acuyte phase fo the inflamation died down.

max
11-10-2008, 03:44 PM
I just really admire the Pro Kennex 5G. I think it's this generation's Jack Kramer.

mawashi
11-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Great frames, I have 3 Ki5X. I took one on a whim just to make my regular stringer happy but my coach commented that I was playing very well with it.

I was very easy to use and was very very comfortable so I went to get a couple more.

Didn't check out the specs till a couple of days later and realized that it was 27.5"

However, at 9 pt hl strung it felt pretty maneuverable and was firm but very comfortable still.

Spin is very nice and serves are brilliant!

Great sticks.

mawashi

netman
11-10-2008, 06:15 PM
I just really admire the Pro Kennex 5G. I think it's this generation's Jack Kramer.

Well said. I've always said the 5G is just about the perfect all-court racquet. Not an expert at any one thing, just very good at all aspects of the game. All racquets are compromises, but the 5G seems to get the compromise balance just right. Oh and it protects your arm. What more could you ask for?

-k-

jcstennis
11-10-2008, 06:26 PM
though my experience with Pro Kennex has been limited, that 28" racquet... i have yet to play anything like it or have "heard" anything like it :)

TonyB
11-10-2008, 07:08 PM
How, exactly, do the ProKennex frames help prevent tennis elbow?

(Serious question)

jbleiman
11-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Tony...they Seem To Absorb The Vibration Better Than Most Other Racquets...the Ionic And Kinetic Frames Have Little Balls In The Frame-you Can Actually Hear It If You Shake The Racquet-sounds Like Sand...they Help Deaden The Vibrations Of The Racquet Frame.....hope This Helps Answer Your Question

blue12
11-10-2008, 09:11 PM
I have a Ki5 and it really plays well. Especially from the baseline and on returns. I can crank returns and the ball stays in.
And yes it is very easy on the arm. In three days I played about six sets and served about six buckets of balls. Usually after playing that much I would have a sore shoulder, but my shoulder and arm felt great.

mawashi
11-10-2008, 10:24 PM
How, exactly, do the ProKennex frames help prevent tennis elbow?

(Serious question)

It doesn't exactly prevent TE but just lessens the vibrations which helps in the comfort dept. Here's some info:

http://www.prokennex.com.sg/technology/technology.html
http://www.prokennex.com.sg/technology/kineticIllustrated.html

Cheers,

mawashi

scraps234
11-10-2008, 10:31 PM
prokennex absorbes vibration more than other raquets which prevents tennis elbow

roundiesee
11-11-2008, 12:11 AM
Whatever technology they claim to have appears to work for me, in this case letting me play through a bad case of TE; the pain now is so much more tolerable and I have settled on these as my main sticks (one Ki5X and one Kinetic Pro 7G). Highly recommended.

scotus
11-11-2008, 01:00 AM
I have a Ki5 and it really plays well. Especially from the baseline and on returns. I can crank returns and the ball stays in.
And yes it is very easy on the arm. In three days I played about six sets and served about six buckets of balls. Usually after playing that much I would have a sore shoulder, but my shoulder and arm felt great.

I am glad you like your Ki 5. It is an arm-friendly frame and it suits your playing style.

But when it comes to arm-friendliness alone, 5G and 7G are superior.

SteveI
11-11-2008, 05:00 AM
Switched To Prokennex Because Of Tennis Elbow...have 2 ,5g,5g Reach,5g Reach Os,ki5,7g,ki10...just Traded For Most Of These In The Past Few Weeks...played With Only A Few So Far...but I Am Impressed....they Don't Get The Credit They Deserve

Would Like To Hear From Others About Their Experiences

Hi,

Steve Huff.. is the man when it comes to the PK line of arm helpful frames.. I am sure he will add his experiences.

Steve

Steve Huff
11-11-2008, 06:39 AM
Thanks Steve. I do like Pro Kennex frames. Just a bit of info. I used the 5g since it first came out. One day, I called PK's customer service, probably to get grommets or something. She asked what racket I used. I told her the 5g. I told her I had problems with my elbows. I said, "I really like the 5g, but of all the rackets PK has made, what do you think the easiest on the arm was?" She said, "Probably the Asymmetric 265". I have 2 of them. I told her that I agreed 100%. It's the dark colored one, shaped in the Destiny shape, 95 sq in (though it looks just as big as the 5g, which is 100 sq in, when held up next to it). But, just because they have the kinetic mass doesn't mean they all get rid of tennis elbow. I got it one season using the ki 15g. I went back to my old trusty 5g's. Recently, I bought a ki 5. It's nice too, and the upper hoop seems a little stiffer so you don't have that dead spot in the upper part of the hoop.