PDA

View Full Version : kfactor 95 or c-10 pro/?

crazypro
11-10-2008, 04:59 PM
i have a kfactor 95 16x18 and im thinking about changing to c-10 pro volkl. any one have pros and cons with these two??

betovanbuuren
11-10-2008, 06:18 PM
i love the feel of the kfactor 95, don't change it

Booyah
11-10-2008, 06:40 PM
i love the feel of the kfactor 95, don't change it

yeah i love the kfactor feel. why do you want to change?

Dark_Angel85
11-10-2008, 08:21 PM
it'll be great if you had a dislike about it that's more specific then aim to get something that has all the current characteristics that you like but with just that one thing that is different...

i.e. you like everything about the current stick besides the fact that it's too heavy... so get one with similar characteristics but with a lighter weight

crazypro
11-11-2008, 06:30 PM
i like the weight of my racquet but i just want to see the difference between 2 racquets... more power, more spin, or more comfort??

louis netman
11-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Completely different animals...

crazypro
11-12-2008, 02:39 PM
can u tell me how different?? i heard that the c-10 is more flexible than many other racquets...

circusmouse
11-12-2008, 02:55 PM
I've never used the C10 Pro, but I've just switched from the K95 to the Volkl PowerBridge 10, which is similar to the C10 Pro. I liked the K95 a lot, but there were two things that bothered me about it. 1) The high swingweight made quick net exchanges in doubles difficult. 2) The stiffness with the open string pattern made it a little wild from the baseline at times. Otherwise, it's a great racquet. It feels so solid, like it's made of granite. However, the PB10 has phenomenal control from the baseline and no real shortcomings that I've noticed yet. It's definitely a lot more flexible in the throat than the K95, and I hear that the C10 is even more flexible in the throat. Some people feel like that flex robs them of power, others feel it gives them great control. I would only recommend switching if there are things about the K95 you don't like, and even then only after demoing.

fuzz nation
11-13-2008, 06:32 AM
I'm a long time user of the old Wilson 6.1 Classics and found the k 95 to have a lot of the same personality as my racquets when I tried one. I also got hold of a couple of C10's a couple of years ago when I thought that I needed to get into a more flexible alternative to my Wilsons.

There's certainly a difference between these two lines in terms of their flex and if you can get hold of a Volkl for a good demo session, you'll probably have a rather enlightening outing - flexible frames can offer a different sort of performance that can be either help or hinder a good fit for you. I really enjoyed the Volkls from the baseline almost immediately because the flex seemed to tone down the overall pop of those racquets a little bit. That helped me to keep the ball down on the court while taking a full swing. Although the C10 is a softer bat, I will point out that it still has plenty of power.

I go to net a lot and the firmness that I get in my ProStaffs gives me a ton of confidence up front. I still love these frames more than anything else for heavy doubles play and I'm learning to hit them with more consistency from the backcourt, too. One peculiar thing about the C10 that you ought to be aware of if you're going to try one is that it has some flexibility in the hoop - you may experience a real drop off in the response of the stringbed if you catch a ball a little more toward the top of the hoop than right in the sweetspot. Different players have different opinions on this. Also, rumor has it that the newest generation of the C10 may play just a notch more stiff than the previous ones, but a couple of our pals here seem to think that there's not a noticeable change in the new frame aside from the groovy dark paint scheme.

Just in case you're looking for alternatives to your k 95, you might want to eventually have a go with the Yonex RDS 002 Tour - also a nice option. An occasional demo can be nice for getting to know what's out there, but you're already playing with a really good frame. If you try something else here and there, it may actually make you appreciate your gear even more!

Nellie
11-13-2008, 06:48 AM
I found the c10 to be super comfortable, but the sweet spot was low and harder to feel. I found the k95 worked better with my two handed backhand. I also found more pop in the K95 amd more "plow" The C10 is really headlight, and great for volleys, but it feels unstable for ground strokes.

crazypro
11-16-2008, 08:54 AM
soo.... people like k95 better than c-10?? well then ill just stick with k95

sorin
12-02-2008, 06:41 PM
I have the Volkl DNX10 MP and I love it.
The PB10 is the 2008 model of the DNX10MP with a notch more stiffness. The BB10 is is also a contender, a little more flexible than the DNX10 or PB10. However, the C10 is the most flexible of all (and most control).

You will find that with PB10 you will get a bit more pop on serves. You cannot go wrong with any of the three.