PDA

View Full Version : were sharapova and serena really sick ?

big ted
02-13-2005, 01:52 PM
do u think maria withdrew because serena was playing ?
do u think serena withdrew cuz she thought she might lose to safina ?
do u think serena should have played anyway ? its not like she was on her deathbed or anything she said she couldnt play cuz she had gas thats it.

i dont know for sure whats going on but i think theres more then meets the eye here.

pound cat
02-13-2005, 01:56 PM
Serena said not only did she have the flu. but that she was also mrentally unwell, as a good a reason to not play IMO as a physical illness. There's something serious going on in her life right now IMO.

Vlad
02-13-2005, 01:57 PM
I think they just grabbed appearance fee and ran away.

Andy Zarzuela
02-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Serena said not only did she have the flu. but that she was also mrentally unwell, as a good a reason to not play IMO as a physical illness. There's something serious going on in her life right now IMO.

She said she was having stomach problems. Gastric something of that nature...
________
UNIVERSAL HEALTH (http://uhwh.com/)

nkhera1
02-13-2005, 07:35 PM
i'm sure they would have played if they could, the #2 seed could possibly have been up for grabs and i think Sharapova does enjoy playing Williams

lacoster
02-13-2005, 08:21 PM
Unless it's a Grand Slam or another big tournament, top players could care less about smaller tournaments. This gives lower ranked players like Dinara Safina a chance, and it happened. When was the last time a top player pulled out of a Grand Slam with an upset stomach?
________
Chrysler town and country (pre-1990) (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_Town_and_Country_(pre-1990))

big ted
02-13-2005, 09:21 PM
i think serena wanted to dodge safina. she had a tough 3 set match with her last year and serena may had been feeling sick enough to think she wouldnt play well enough to win

for the sharapova withdraw at least she withdrew before the tournament started

not many players withdraw due to illness in the MIDDLE of a tournament do they ? they usually at least try to play