PDA

View Full Version : aside from the max 200g

d-quik
11-11-2008, 01:47 PM
can someone tell me another frame that is sub90", has a dense pattern, and has a soft flex?

the ONLY other frame i can think of is those ivan lendl ones but lets be realistic, i am not going to find one of those.

if there are any others, especially ones that are easier to find, please let me know

thanks in advance for any help received!

psp2
11-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Frankly, the Max200g frames are not difficult to find. You can see several auctions going on at any time on E*bay.

You may want to try out the following frames that fit your descriptions:

Head Graphite Edge (and many variations thereof)
Head TXE
Dunlop Max300i
Head Magnum Pro

I'm sure more posts will chime in.

d-quik
11-11-2008, 02:06 PM
are the m300i and m200g the same frames? gosh they look so similar.

and the m200g has enough different paintjobs itself already. what are the differences?

vsbabolat
11-11-2008, 02:15 PM
can someone tell me another frame that is sub90", has a dense pattern, and has a soft flex?

the ONLY other frame i can think of is those ivan lendl ones but lets be realistic, i am not going to find one of those.

if there are any others, especially ones that are easier to find, please let me know

thanks in advance for any help received!

One racquet that is easily available today is the HEAD Microgel Prestige Mid. It is 89.5sq.in with 18x20 string pattern.

There are also dozens of HEAD racquets that was part of it's "Pro Series" of the mid 80's and early 90's that are 89.5sq.in. and 18x20 string pattern like:
Graphite Pro
Comp Pro
Club Pro
Team pro
Comfort Pro
Prestige Pro
Elite Pro
Elektra Pro
Prestige Tour 600
Graphite Tour 600
Prestige Classic 600

Frankly, the Max200g frames are not difficult to find. You can see several auctions going on at any time on E*bay.

You may want to try out the following frames that fit your descriptions:

Head Graphite Edge (and many variations thereof)
Head TXE
Dunlop Max300i
Head Magnum Pro

I'm sure more posts will chime in.

The TXE is a 16x18 string pattern.

vsbabolat
11-11-2008, 02:25 PM
are the m300i and m200g the same frames? gosh they look so similar.

and the m200g has enough different paintjobs itself already. what are the differences?

The Max 300i has Noryl GTX in the layup making it a little stiffer than the Max 200G. They both share the same mold.

d-quik
11-11-2008, 04:52 PM
The Max 300i has Noryl GTX in the layup making it a little stiffer than the Max 200G. They both share the same mold.do you know whether or not if the extra stiffness allows you to string at a higher tension?

i mean, my current m200g is pretty control oriented already, but it only allows for low tensions. i can take a chance and go over 58 lbs but if it breaks my frame i am going to be crushed.

and as for those head frames, i'm not going to say much about the grip shape of head, i guess i can get used to that. but doesn't 600 equate to a 93"?

vsbabolat
11-11-2008, 05:09 PM
do you know whether or not if the extra stiffness allows you to string at a higher tension?

i mean, my current m200g is pretty control oriented already, but it only allows for low tensions. i can take a chance and go over 58 lbs but if it breaks my frame i am going to be crushed.

and as for those head frames, i'm not going to say much about the grip shape of head, i guess i can get used to that. but doesn't 600 equate to a 93"?

The little bit of extra stiffness of the Max 300i does not allow to string them at a higher tension. I would not string them over 55lbs.

About the true head size of the HEAD Pro Series (Prestige Classic 600 included) racquets and the Microgel Prestige Mid they are really 89.5 sq. inches. My Original Made in U.S.A Prestige Pro from 1988, Graphite Pro from 1987, and Comp Pro from 1987 has printed on the frame 89.5 sq.inches. They are all the exact same headsize a the Prestige Classic 600, Prestige Tour 600, i.Prestige Mid, LiquidMetal Prestige Mid, Flexpoint Prestige Mid, and Microgel Prestige Mid. They are all 89.5sq.inches.

d-quik
11-11-2008, 10:21 PM
really? are all the 92s and 93s on sale now on TW 90s? nxgs, yonex yellow, diablo, BBs, and the orange volkl are all 90s?

d-quik
11-13-2008, 12:11 PM
oh god mr babolat please help me!

vsbabolat
11-13-2008, 07:04 PM
really? are all the 92s and 93s on sale now on TW 90s? nxgs, yonex yellow, diablo, BBs, and the orange volkl are all 90s?

The RDS 001 Mid (Yellow) is 90 sq.inches.

The Prince Original Graphite Mid back in the day was called 90 but is now called 93. It is a little bigger than the HEAD MG Prestige Mid, Classic, and.....

The Prince Diablo Mid is clled 93 and is a little bigger than the HEAD Prestige Mid.

The Boris Becker 11 Mid (Orange Volkl?) is 93 and bigger than the HEAD Prestige Mid.

For what it's worth I played with the Max 200G and switched to the Prestige. All I can tell you is the Max 200G is a very unique playing racquet and you will never find another racquet that has those playing characteristics. Don't get hung up on the head size of the racquet. Go out and demo a bunch of racquets that have a low flex and see which one feels comfortable to you.

Hope this helps you out.

d-quik
11-14-2008, 12:49 PM
it seems to me that the sub 90" frames with 18 mains are just simply too uncommon regardless of stiffness or flex.