PDA

View Full Version : Wanna see RIGHT-handed McEnroe vs. Connors?

Tenny
02-13-2005, 05:14 PM
Out of whim, I watched a McEnroe vs. Connors match through a big mirror (with My back toward my TV set). Strange setting but I could see the match with righty's perspective. Seeing righty versions of McEnroe and Connors was fun. I am going to try one of Goran's match (Goran playing against lefty Rafter). Err, maybe this should be in 'ODD' section.

Edited)...
That's silly, not being able to erase it, I edited the post. Sorry.

Max G.
02-13-2005, 06:04 PM
No, never had that problem... seems perfectly natural watching lefties...

Datacipher
02-13-2005, 06:49 PM
ROFL. Never watched a match, but some years ago I also used a big mirror in a pinch to watch and analyze several left handed servers!

I've also digitized video and reversed the image to create right handed servers....

snowpuppy
02-13-2005, 07:09 PM
Stop corrupting us lefties! I don't reverse Federer or Sampras videos. Leave us alone!

Deuce
02-14-2005, 12:27 AM
Tenny - you should try watching a match in reverse - that's even more... um... fun.

Brian Purdie
02-14-2005, 11:10 AM
Tenny - you should try watching a match in reverse - that's even more... um... fun.

like alot of my tapes, I just fast forward to the good parts

Bob K
02-14-2005, 01:17 PM
I've watched bowling through a mirror, Parker Bohn III to be exact. He's a goofy looking lefty, but looks normal to me as a righty.

Great, now I've outed myself and everybody knows I watch bowling. :|

But, you're not alone :mrgreen:

Aykhan Mammadov
02-14-2005, 01:33 PM
Out of whim, I watched a McEnroe vs. Connors match through a big mirror (with My back toward my TV set). Strange setting but I could see the match with righty's perspective. Seeing righty versions of McEnroe and Connors was fun. I am going to try one of Goran's match (Goran playing against lefty Rafter). Err, maybe this should be in 'ODD' section.

Edited)...
That's silly, not being able to erase it, I edited the post. Sorry.

Is it possible to watch handicapped McEnroe vs handicapped Connors ?

Tenny
02-16-2005, 05:07 PM
Is it possible to watch handicapped McEnroe vs handicapped Connors ?

No, Aykhan, I just wanted to 'see' them as righties. I don't know, maybe it's camera angle or my own visual habit but somehow I couldn't fully appreciate lefties' shot, serve. By using a mirror, I just found I could now compare their shots with others' better. I wouldn't want to see them playing with their right hands nor righty-versions of them. Think about J. Mac's crazy slice serve to the add court where the right-handed opponents had troble returning it.