PDA

View Full Version : Becker Pro

Murray_fan1
11-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Any feed back on the Becker Pro? How does it compare to the Pure Drive?
I see Chris Edwards just switched to this recently.

jmoreno1
11-12-2008, 08:41 AM
I looked at the Becker Pro but, no info on how it plays?
I have the Technifibre 320 Vo2 Max

NoBadMojo
11-12-2008, 08:48 AM

if you do a search, some info should appear. i also did a playtest review of this racquets a few weeks before it came out i believe

i prefer the Powerbridge8..it's similar but a little better at everything i feel

gymrat76
11-12-2008, 09:37 AM

I JUST received this racquet from mail today! I will definitely write what I think of this soon. I think, the person most knowledgable on this frame is NickArnold here in the forum. Try and find his posts by doing a search.
The frame is supposed to be sort of a comfortable pure drive. My current racquet is PDR and it is absolutely killing my arm hence the need to switch. I held the unstrung frame...head shape and all kind of feels like a pure drive..though thinner beamed which is a great plus. Also, really quality frame, lots of attention to small details...Also, lead tape is a must...Cant wait to hit with it...

nickarnold2000
11-13-2008, 08:16 AM
Hi, as you probably know, I'm very happy with this frame but can't you give a genuine comparsion with the PDR as I only hit with it for 10 min. It will be interesting to read gymrat's review. I think you really need to hit with lots of topspin to control these medium powered(as in stiffness) frames although I also get some nasty slice out of it as well. As mojo said, "batspeed " is your friend. PS Maybe batman should join the tour, ha,ha,ha!

gymrat76
11-13-2008, 09:08 AM
Hi, as you probably know, I'm very happy with this frame but can't you give a genuine comparsion with the PDR as I only hit with it for 10 min. It will be interesting to read gymrat's review. I think you really need to hit with lots of topspin to control these medium powered(as in stiffness) frames although I also get some nasty slice out of it as well. As mojo said, "batspeed " is your friend. PS Maybe batman should join the tour, ha,ha,ha!

Hi Nick,
Well I finally received the BP :) purchased it on the bay long time ago but sort of a dispute was going on..so finally received it yesterday. I am out of town, so will try and find some court/players around here and take it to a test!..It is unstrung..your opinion on having it strung with a soft string is in my mind, though you can find any forten here..so will have it strung with whatever softer strings they have, probably at 60ish as a starting point.
Actually, I am also about to receive a Head Pro Tour 630..which is an older yet seems like a very highly regarded frame in the forum. Moreover, it will be the first 18x20 patterned frame I have. Actually, I have been suffering from too much powered racquets until now. In the same token, you can not overlook what a powerful frame (lets call it a modern racquet) gives you in today's tennis. Anyhow, we will see how it works out for me.

Actually, I wanted to ask you before, and interestingly you mentioned it in this post again, that, you seem to like the slice of the BP a lot. I recall reading in another post of yours, that, slice was not comfortable at first (or that you wrote, balls were floating, or something in that sense..don't exactly remember) but later on, you figured to put some vicious low spin on your slices..What did you do to get some nice slice out of the racquet? Well slice is very important to my game as an approach shot, etc..I even started a thread trying to get some opinions on racquets that are most comfortable to hit slices with..Thanks, Nick!

nickarnold2000
11-13-2008, 09:42 AM
Hi Nick,
Well I finally received the BP :) purchased it on the bay long time ago but sort of a dispute was going on..so finally received it yesterday. I am out of town, so will try and find some court/players around here and take it to a test!..It is unstrung..your opinion on having it strung with a soft string is in my mind, though you can find any forten here..so will have it strung with whatever softer strings they have, probably at 60ish as a starting point.
Actually, I am also about to receive a Head Pro Tour 630..which is an older yet seems like a very highly regarded frame in the forum. Moreover, it will be the first 18x20 patterned frame I have. Actually, I have been suffering from too much powered racquets until now. In the same token, you can not overlook what a powerful frame (lets call it a modern racquet) gives you in today's tennis. Anyhow, we will see how it works out for me.

Actually, I wanted to ask you before, and interestingly you mentioned it in this post again, that, you seem to like the slice of the BP a lot. I recall reading in another post of yours, that, slice was not comfortable at first (or that you wrote, balls were floating, or something in that sense..don't exactly remember) but later on, you figured to put some vicious low spin on your slices..What did you do to get some nice slice out of the racquet? Well slice is very important to my game as an approach shot, etc..I even started a thread trying to get some opinions on racquets that are most comfortable to hit slices with..Thanks, Nick!
Hey GR, I'm looking forward to your review. Ive got poly mains (CF) with Forten Sweet 17 crosses to hopefully counter any frame stiffness and so far so good(the handle vibration system works well)! As to slicing, I think originally I some lead at 3 - 9 which made the head too heavy and powerful. Now that I only have lead inside the throat, the more HL configeration allows me to hit vicious underspin which is particularily effective against semi or full western players who have trouble getting under low balls as well as approaching the net. Changing up ball speed with slices is a real weapon - it seems to work for Fed.

Murray_fan1
11-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Hey GR, I'm looking forward to your review. Ive got poly mains (CF) with Forten Sweet 17 crosses to hopefully counter any frame stiffness and so far so good(the handle vibration system works well)! As to slicing, I think originally I some lead at 3 - 9 which made the head too heavy and powerful. Now that I only have lead inside the throat, the more HL configeration allows me to hit vicious underspin which is particularily effective against semi or full western players who have trouble getting under low balls as well as approaching the net. Changing up ball speed with slices is a real weapon - it seems to work for Fed.

Hi Nick,
With the handle vibration system is there still room to add lead inside the handle?

nickarnold2000
11-13-2008, 08:00 PM
Hi Nick,
With the handle vibration system is there still room to add lead inside the handle?
I would say no. It's sealed and I wouldn't risk opening it up and thereby losing any of the benefits. Adding lead further up the handle(under the grip) would be the solution.

nickarnold2000
02-27-2009, 07:49 AM
I would say no. It's sealed and I wouldn't risk opening it up and thereby losing any of the benefits. Adding lead further up the handle(under the grip) would be the solution.
Hey Murray, is any one else using the BP where you are? It doesn't seem to be a popular stick on the boards at TW.

Rabbit
02-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Hi Nick,

Having taken that apart on Volkls, there is no "system" to speak of. The pallets are directly attached to the frame. If you pull the butt cap off, the frame's box construction is revealed and you can stick whatever you like in there.

Shangri La
02-27-2009, 10:28 AM
TW really needs to test this frame and add it to the TW U database.

Murray_fan1
02-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Hey Murray, is any one else using the BP where you are? It doesn't seem to be a popular stick on the boards at TW.

Nick,

I haven't seen anybody using this stick. I don't think the Becker line is promoted enough. Had to special order mine due to no local supplier.