PDA

View Full Version : GRIP ON SERVE MOVING

Printer099
03-30-2004, 10:22 PM
I start out with a continental grip on my serves but when I go into motion my hand rotates to my forehand semi western grip. Does anyone know how to force my hand to stay in the continental grip and stop moving? I bought THE GRIP DOCTOR but it is crap and the velcro would not stay. The only other thing I could think of it duck taping my hand in the Continental position?

andreh
03-31-2004, 12:36 AM
I had this problem. I solved it by turning the grip just a little towards a backhand grip, sort of halfway between the continental and the eastern backhand. Pow! Grip stopped moving.

Mahboob Khan
04-04-2004, 05:56 PM
Just yesterday I happen to watch a Russian player starting with a full Eastern BH grip and then halfway through the service motion would unconsciously switch to a forehand grip. At the time of contact he was in a forehand grip.

Solution: Hold the racket in a proper continental grip (base knuckle of the index finger on bevel 2 or upper part of bevel 2). Index finger in a trigger-pulling position. Now place a pencil under your index finger such that the pencil is resting on bevel 2 locking the grip, and slowly go through the service motion. Hit a basket of balls in this position. Now remove the pencil and serve another basket of balls!