PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo!!!!!!!!! I GOT MY SHUFFLE!!

gmlasam
02-14-2005, 04:36 PM
Just got my Shuffle today, and my new issue of tennis in the mail today!! :)

Sorry. I'm just happy today on Valentines Day. The Mrs. just got me the Shuffle for Valentines ;)

http://www.csun.edu/~aml45386/shuffle.jpg

court_zone
02-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Nice Day for you gmlasam. I want my issue here now, I have been waiting since I heard about it to see this issue with Andy Roddick and on his serve! It always comes on a Friday or Saturday of close to the last week of the month here in Florida.

scez
02-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Awsome, I got an ipod. Does the shuffle allow you to choose your songs? or are they all randomized? It looks so much smaller then in the commercial.

gmlasam
02-14-2005, 04:59 PM
Awsome, I got an ipod. Does the shuffle allow you to choose your songs? or are they all randomized? It looks so much smaller then in the commercial.
I will let you know. Its still charging. I can't wait to try out in the gym tomorrow morning and reading the new tennis magazine while im on the recumbent bike ;)

tennis-n-sc
02-14-2005, 06:14 PM
My wife got me the I-Pod 20g for VD and I got her the mini. Gotta get in the tutorial and find out what to do.

khs_tennis
02-14-2005, 06:24 PM
Did your shuffle come with free songs from iTunes? I got the 20GB iPod for xmas and i didn't see any coupons for free songs in the box, unless i didn't look carefully lol.

ffrpg
02-14-2005, 06:34 PM

You can set a playlist, but you have to remember what song order everything was put in. That's the only way to select the song you want.

scez
02-14-2005, 06:54 PM
ahh, that sucks. It would be good if there was a mini screen to see what song you are on.

aj_m2009
02-22-2005, 08:12 PM
gmlasam, could you tell me a little about it. I was thinking about getting one but I don't know anything about it.

gmlasam
02-23-2005, 05:56 AM
gmlasam, could you tell me a little about it. I was thinking about getting one but I don't know anything about it.
Its an mp3 player/thumb drive. I have the 1 gig version, and I can put over 200 mp3s in it. I like it so far, and much more practical to use in the gym or if you want an mp3 player that is very easy to carry. I have a 40 gig iPod, and it is too bulky to carry around in the gym.

The shuffle is also great to listen to tennis while hitting with a ball mahcine or practicing serves. It is so small and light to wear around your neck.

There are two versions, a 512mb and the 1 gig. They start at $99.00. The rechargable battery last about 12 hours of continous play.

gmlasam
02-23-2005, 05:58 AM
ahh, that sucks. It would be good if there was a mini screen to see what song you are on.
i have a screen on my other iPod , and I don't use it, except to choose my playlist and start it playing, because I use my MP3 player while I mow the lawn, work out, ride my bike, drive, etc. I choose what I want to listen to when I build the playlist, then I play it in a random order.

Anyway my point is if you need to be able to choose a specific song and hear it right now, the iPod Shuffle isn't for you. That doesn't make it a bad product, or impractical, it just doesn't suit you. But it would suit me fine.

aj_m2009
02-23-2005, 11:23 AM
Ok, thanks. It sounds pretty cool.

scez
02-23-2005, 12:44 PM
the ipod is hardly bulky, made compared to the shuffle. But that is like comparing diamond and gold. I use my ipod when working out, both wheights and cardio. When doing wheights I just clip it to my shorts using the belt clip that came with my case. And when I do cardio I just put it in the cup holder, or I could clip it to my shorts.

praetorian909
02-28-2005, 05:42 PM
Did your shuffle come with free songs from iTunes? I got the 20GB iPod for xmas and i didn't see any coupons for free songs in the box, unless i didn't look carefully lol.

With my Shuffle, I got some free iTunes Sampler Album, so that was about 13 free songs. I can't remember exactly, but I think it just showed me a message when I hooked it up to my computer and opened iTunes. It would make sense if they also gave this to new owners of other iPods, but it might be a new thing they just decided to start doing.

I used my shuffle while playing tennis, not bad. It's small, light, and durable enough and I just wear it around my neck with the included lanyard (but inside my sweater so it doesn't smack me).

Boja
03-04-2005, 07:05 PM
I've got a question about the shuffle- is the only way to wear it around your neck, or is the cable long enough to go from your pocket?

gmlasam
03-04-2005, 07:14 PM
I've got a question about the shuffle- is the only way to wear it around your neck, or is the cable long enough to go from your pocket?
Yes the cable is more than enough to reach your pant pocket.