PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans Tennis

kinsella
02-14-2005, 05:43 PM
I will be in NO in the third week of March. Know of any tennis opportunities there? Thanks.

DANMAN
02-14-2005, 06:15 PM
Let me know what you are looking for. What level are you? What do you mean by tennis opportunities? I can help you out in terms of where you can play and some other things. Drop me an e-mail at DKL2463@aol.com if I do not respond to another post (I do not check this section too frequently). Hope I can help.

lildev0426
02-14-2005, 06:32 PM
If Tulane is playing go check them out. Hit the clay at the NO Lawn and garden club or sterns or audibon, the hard courts at maybe city park, the carpet at loyola and you are set, lol. Seriously i have not played in NO since 99 so I do not know what the scene is like now.

Gemini
02-15-2005, 05:40 AM
I'm originally from New Orleans, but I have admit that I'm not very familiar with the tennis scene. I have a tennis playing family so my junior career was spent hitting with multiple relatives, private coaches and playing tournaments. I honestly didn't have a need to scope out the local tennis scene.

With that being said, I know that there used to be a considerable gathering of players at Stern Tennis Center on S. Saratoga in New Orleans. Usually on Saturdays. There doesn't seem to be a lot of action at City Park anymore, but I could be wrong seeing that I only get home about 3 times a year.