PDA

View Full Version : Fairly Old Dunlop

Reza
03-31-2004, 05:43 AM
I've been using the Dunlop Revelation Tour Pro (or something like that) for the past few weeks, and I was surprised at how well it played. It has great spin potential, and for me, a great blend of power and control. Does anyone else remember this racquet, or have they used it. Secondly, it does have one problem: the internal shock absorption system is shot and my elbow starts to hurt after only a few days of using it. Can anyone give me an idea of another racquet (current or not) that has similar playing and swinging characteristics?

netman
03-31-2004, 07:26 AM
Is it the maroon colored one? That was a great frame. Used it for a couple of years. If it is, the Slazenger PBH has almost the same physical design. However it has a slightly thinner beam (22mm vs. 24) and much stiffer flex rating, though it doesn't feel it. It has something called Foamcore that seems to really dampen the shock. It has not bothered my surgically repaired shoulder. Another very good racquet with similar characteristics is the Pro Kennex 5g. Slightly bigger head, great shock managment. It seems to work well for folks with bad elbows. I move back and forth between the PBH and 5g constantly without effecting my game.

Ken

jings
03-31-2004, 08:09 AM
Would agree pro Kennex 5G, similar set up. Could never get on with the Revelation when I tried it as I grew tired of my original 200G. Kennex had just a bit more soul to it than the Revelation -vague but the best I can do.

Reza
03-31-2004, 10:19 AM
yes, the maroon one. Does anyone know where these can be found anymore...there are some with the same name but different paintjobs on tw, and i don't know if these are the same or not.

edge
03-31-2004, 11:10 AM
I have one that you can have for $40 includes shipping.

Reza
03-31-2004, 11:19 AM
alright edge....email me....it is listed in my profile

netman
03-31-2004, 01:36 PM
They pop up on **** frequently. I think the ones on there now are the next gen version. Not nearly as good IMHO. The original lineup included three flavors - Classic Pro (Blue) with 18mm beam, Select Pro (Gold) with 21mm beam and Tour Pro (Maroon) with 24mm beam. The Select Pro is also a good player racquet and less stiff than the Tour Pro, but also less power.

Ken

Deuce
03-31-2004, 09:49 PM
There was also the Tour Pro Exact - black & orange. It was much too light, but otherwise was decent.

dozu
04-20-2004, 12:53 PM
the select pro is my regular racket and I absolutely love it ! I used to hit with the tour pro, but the select pro is a lot more comfortable.

Ronaldo
04-21-2004, 02:58 PM
Select Pro also has a more open 16x18 string pattern. Believe Tour Pro is 16x19

burroman
08-21-2004, 08:04 AM
Revelation Tour Pro (16X19). Heavy but great balance - one of my favorite racquets. I've got one coming monday from an **** store. Can anyone point me to the description and review if any of the Select Pro?

netman
08-21-2004, 10:29 AM
The Select Pro never got much ink. I don't even remember Dunlop promoting it very much. Think of a slightly lighter, slightly stiffer, more dampened POG and you have a very close approximation of the Select Pro. The ISIS system works well to dampen shock and vibration.

I have both the MP and OS and actually prefer the OS.