PDA

View Full Version : Prince Precision Response Mp vs. Prince Warrior Mp

Michael Moss
03-31-2004, 10:45 AM
How do these two sticks compare with each other? Also, would these have anything in common with the c10 Pro if lead was added to the Prince models?

Gaines Hillix
03-31-2004, 12:52 PM
The Precision Response MP and Warrior MP were very similar. The Warrior was just an updated version of the Precison Response and Response Ti frames. They both weighed around 11.2 ozs. and were known as s/v sticks. The C10 Pro is about an ounce heavier and has a softer feel, IMO. The Warrior had a stiffness rating around 67 and the C10 was 63.

brijoel
03-31-2004, 01:10 PM
i could have sworn the precision response and response Ti were both about 12 ounces.....the warrior was much lighter yes, at around 11.3 ounces or so. i tried the warrior after my precision response Ti's broke, and couldnt stand em. they were just waaay too light for me, which is why i have a very hard time believing the responses were 11 something ounces.....that, and ive got one sitting here that feels just as heavy as my other 12 ounce racquets.

AC
03-31-2004, 01:57 PM
TW actually did a review of the Warrior that is still viewable on their site I think...but anyway, the Warrior was indeed about a half ounce or so lighter than the Response Ti (and I the Response 660 I guess for that matter) and of course had the white paint job change for whatever reason. Stiffness (67ish), string pattern (16 x 20), and beam width (23 or so) were pretty much identical, and of course the absorber thingee in the throat. The Ti is my current stick of choice and does play different (and better IMHO) than the Warrior. The C10 felt about the same as the Ti in weight and swingweight to me, and similar balance...but it is softer, has a more oval head shape, and a thinner beam width...the two sticks 'feel' quite a bit different.

tschevap
03-31-2004, 03:18 PM
Heavier does not mean better! Dont forget the advantages of an much more manuverable frame, which does not cost you too much of strength to whip around....

i am a 6.0 Player from Germany and i really appreciate the "lightness" of the Warrior compared to my previous heavyweight-RD7/Prestige/6.0 85...

The Warrior gives you plenty of feel and touch and is a great spin frame!

Try it...dont listen too much on opinions of other users (including me!)...it is your game, that decides, which frame fits it best!

brijoel
03-31-2004, 03:30 PM
tschevap, you should notice i said "they were too light for ME...."
i obviously understand not everyone will like a hefty stick, it just so happens though i appreciate the more solid feel of a lil extra weight as well as i dont have any problem with the maneuverability, but once again... IT'S JUST ME.

also, i dont think id ever put the c10 in the same category as a response ti. they played so differently its not even worth comparing.

Gaines Hillix
03-31-2004, 05:24 PM
The original Precision Response frames weighed 11.6 ozs. The Ti weighed 12 ozs. The Warrior weighs 11.3 ozs.

Ronaldo
03-31-2004, 08:49 PM
And that truly made all the difference in this world, seriously. Ti. Precision Response rox

louis netman
04-01-2004, 12:28 AM
I recently started playing with the PRTi (and warrior) and coming from my custom Volkl C9's (13oz, 7ps HL), there was a significant adjustment phase. The Warrior and the PRTi do not compare to the C10....they're completely different animals. I love the C10, it's probably my favorite stick, but with an added Fairway and custom butt increase, it's about 13.2oz and only 5 or 6pts HL...too much to weild for my weary shoulder, especially at the net. The PR Ti and Warrior are natural slicing/volleying machines. I slap a Fairway on the PRTi and it's 13 oz and 8 pts HL.....perfect for me....no jacking around with lead poisoning. The PR Ti is much more stable than the Warrior due to the increased weight, but I'm currently experimenting with the Warrior to see what it does when it's identically weighted/balanced. I love both of these frames and have yet to find a better S/V, chip & charge weapon...