PDA

View Full Version : Prince rackets Diablo and Graphite II

JimmyCraig
03-31-2004, 10:09 AM
can someone give me a little insight on how the Diablo mid plus plays? I used to use a Dunlop 300g and then the Wilson Pro Staff 6.1, which is just too heavy for me.
I am a 5.0 player, former Division II.

Also, can someone tell me how the old Prince Graphite II plays? you never hear anything about them.

thanks

bigcp123
03-31-2004, 01:07 PM
I played with both graphite II rackets all thorugh high school. The os is the best racket Ive used, for me anyway. Great control and unbelievable spin, although sometimes I got tennis elbow from it. one thing about the os i tried to order a new one about a year ago and it weighed over an ounce less than my old ones and I hated it. I switched to the hps 6.1 95 and it is kind of similar to the graphite II, heavy, stable, good spin, but not as much control. I've never used the diablo.

ian5
03-31-2004, 02:19 PM
I just switched from the 300G to the Diablo Midplus and love it. The 300g was far to light and adding weight slowed down the swing weight and never felt right. The Diablo feels extremely solid on all my shots. It also feels lighter than it's 11.7 oz weight. Great control , spin and it is easy on the arm. One of the best volleying rackets I have played with. I think it is the best racket Prince has come out with since the Warrior.

JimmyCraig
04-01-2004, 12:53 PM
Ian, what do you string your diablo with, and what tension? thanks
are you a 5.0 player?

ian5
04-01-2004, 08:44 PM
I use Babolat VS 17 gut @ 61lbs with Babolat String Savers (It triples the life of the string for me) I am a 5.0 to 5.5 all courter with a hard kick serve and medium topspin on groundstrokes.

JimmyCraig
04-02-2004, 08:15 AM
thanks Ian.
I am going to give it a try. sounds like you had the same problem I had with the dunlop
Jim

Robert Jones
04-02-2004, 03:40 PM
The diablo MP feels very light because its 10 points HL. I have one and its very easy move around. Its too light for me, I put some lead in the head to slow up my swing. If you are looking for a lighter stick for net play its a good one.