PDA

View Full Version : Lessons in Charlotte, NC?

ChrisNC
02-17-2005, 05:14 AM
Anyone have any suggestions for someone to get a few lessons from to correct some of my major weaknesses (backhand return especially)? I've left voicemails and emails for the guy at JATC (intentionally not mentioning his name) but he never gets back to me.

Anyone know a good coach in Charlotte?

If you happen to know about what they charge, please post that as well as their contact info if you have it. Thanks!!

Bryan Aldridge
02-17-2005, 08:53 AM
Hey dude I have a few guys in mind, but i recommend you go by Don's shop - he has a whole list of teaching pros' and phone numbers on his wall near the phone. Tell him Bryan Sent you by. A guy that used to work for don owns his own shop now and still does some teaching I believe. His name is Barry Bertram, and teaches at Colonial Beatty Park off Tiley Morris Rd near weddington. Real nice guy and reasonable as well. I would give my personal opinions on some of the other people in the area but I dont feel comftorable doing that here.. Give me your Email and ill send you some more Info. Best of luck!

ChrisNC
02-17-2005, 10:32 AM
I was just at Don's last week to get my racquet strung (rdx500 w\ Dynamite). I'll have to swing by and copy down the list.

Thanks Byran. Email me at askme_32055 @ yahoo.com

I'd be interested in hearing your opinions. Thanks!

DANMAN
02-18-2005, 04:37 PM
Bill Belser is a great coach. He moved to Charlotte from the best tennis club in Louisiana. He coached the junior player who won the Boys 18s Copper Bowl in January 2004 as well as eight of the top 10 eighteen year olds in LA. He has pictures proving that he worked some with Andy Roddick. See if you can find him. He is pretty pricey, but well worth it.

tennis-n-sc
02-23-2005, 05:45 AM
There is a tennis club in Gastonia that is family owned and I cannot think of their names but met them when their daughter was playing in a satillite tournament in Greenville a few years ago. The daughter's first name was Corey, I believe, and she has played at Wimbledon and the U. S. Open. I don't know how she is doing now but they seemed like great people and were obviously great instructors, based on their daughters talent at 15 when I saw here play.

Bryan Aldridge
02-24-2005, 10:32 AM
That would be Racquet club of the Carolinas, owned by Hank and Sharon Avants. Very nice people!