PDA

View Full Version : what would you do in this situation?

randomname
12-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Alright, I played a match today against the biggest cheater I have ever seen in my life. I knew he had a reputation for bad linecalls but I thought if I called him on it early he would back off. The guy even tried to cheat us before we started the match, they won the spin and he tried to tell us that since he chose to receive that he could pick the side. The first time my partner was serving and hit one that was definately on the line and he called it out, I said I thought it looked good but he insisted so I let it go. same thing happens again when they have break point and I tell him that I was sure both of those balls were in and he basically says too bad. Next, two games later I just about lost it, my partner absolutely ripped a backhand crosscourt and the guy called it out before it even crossed the net (it was in) and didnt even turn to look at it. Unfortunately there were no officials at the tournament and yelling at him for 5 minutes didnt do a whole lot. After that he still hooked us on a few more calls but me and my partner were both out for blood and after two pegs he finally took the hint and stopped it.

But anyway, to the point, what the hell am I supposed to do in that situation when there is nobody to call lines? My partner and I agreed that if he hooked us one more time we would just call the next ball he hit in out and tell him we'll call our lines straight when he starts calling his right, but I don't know if that wouldve actually helped or just made things worse.

Mike Cottrill
12-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Unfortunately there were no officials at the tournament and yelling at him for 5 minutes didnt do a whole lot. After that he still hooked us on a few more calls but me and my partner were both out for blood and after two pegs he finally took the hint and stopped it.

But anyway, to the point, what the hell am I supposed to do in that situation when there is nobody to call lines?

Call for the tournament director. Tell him you want your entry fee back or tell him to call the lines for the rest of the match.
If you did not pay and entry fee, tell them you do not play cheaters, shake hands and leave.

jrod
12-07-2008, 03:39 PM
You have no idea how funny I find this post. I can't believe YOU, of all people, are accusing someone else of cheating?

For those who are unaware of our moral hero here:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=233857&highlight=jrod

So, how does the "crime" your opponent has committed compare to your little shoerade?

TnTBigman
12-07-2008, 03:44 PM
hmmm........karma?!?

MAX PLY
12-07-2008, 05:44 PM
That is really funny. Hope the shoes were ok, though--LOL.

JHBKLYN
12-07-2008, 06:40 PM
I bet the opponent works for Adidas ... :)

purple-n-gold
12-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Must be the shoes man!!

Jracer77
12-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Hey man, the guy was only cheating at tennis. It's not like he murdered somebody.:)

randomname
12-07-2008, 08:31 PM
You have no idea how funny I find this post. I can't believe YOU, of all people, are accusing someone else of cheating?

So, how does the "crime" your opponent has committed compare to your little shoerade?

the only funny thing is how pathetic this is, could you be any more self righteous?

jrod
12-08-2008, 06:14 AM
the only funny thing is how pathetic this is...

randomblame - If you ever manage to extract your head from your derriere, please try to maintain your incomparable sense of irony...the entertainment value you are providing us all is priceless!

beernutz
12-08-2008, 07:04 AM

That's gold. Thanks for the heads-up jrod.

OP, you have some seriously mixed-up priorities.

Joeyg
12-08-2008, 07:17 AM
I wonder if his partner was Fedace?

AR15
12-08-2008, 07:20 AM

PRICELESS!

Perhaps the guy was so blinded by the expensive (stolen) shoes you were wearing, he couldn't see the lines.

LuckyR
12-08-2008, 01:41 PM
I do not believe I have ever seen the tone of a thread change so rapidly before...

jrod
12-08-2008, 02:21 PM
I do not believe I have ever seen the tone of a thread change so rapidly before...

I suspect that the OP is hoping it dies just as quickly...

0range
12-08-2008, 07:49 PM

Priceless indeed.

drakulie
12-08-2008, 08:08 PM

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/Max2100/showimage1.gif

RestockingTues
12-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Lol Karma ***** :)

jrod
12-09-2008, 04:02 AM

ok, this is pretty creative stuff...I'm impressed drakulie!

zapvor
12-09-2008, 04:05 AM

omg drak did you come up with this. pretty good

JLyon
12-09-2008, 04:14 AM
I think Fedace has a twin.

raiden031
12-09-2008, 04:25 AM
Let this be a lesson to all! :twisted:

PushyPushster
12-09-2008, 06:03 AM
I've had my eye on a pair of 1003's at the local New Balance store and was thinking about clubbing the clerk unconscious and taking them. They only pay $0.50 to the skinny Chinese kid who sews this crap together so the markup is ridiculous. Anyhow, its been awhile since I've worked retail and I started thinking about surveillance cameras and stuff. I don't know. Will this work?

jrod
12-09-2008, 06:07 AM
I've had my eye on a pair of 1003's at the local New Balance store and was thinking about clubbing the clerk unconscious and taking them. They only pay $0.50 to the skinny Chinese kid who sews this crap together so the markup is ridiculous. Anyhow, its been awhile since I've worked retail and I started thinking about surveillance cameras and stuff. I don't know. Will this work?

yeah, I think OJ did this with some degree of success...

beernutz
12-09-2008, 06:22 AM

What could possibly go wrong? I picture epic success in your future.

beernutz
12-09-2008, 06:24 AM

The only way to improve that would be for the plane to end up crashing into the guy throwing the hand grenade. Then it would be just like this thread.

smoothtennis
12-09-2008, 09:29 AM
What is so morally reprehensible about making some bad line call on purpose to cheat a win out? It didn't physically hurt you - nobody lost any money. The irony is more than I can bear.

Moz
12-09-2008, 10:11 AM
This is quite amusing.

The little crybaby who doesn't mind breaking the rules to suit himself is complaining when he meets someone of the same ilk.

What was the final score?

Kettle bt pot 6-3, 6-3.

DJG
12-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Kettle bt pot 6-3, 6-3.

Now that is a funny quote :)

woodrow1029
12-09-2008, 11:32 AM
After all this, Randomname is going to come up with a new user name and post the same question again.

PushyPushster
12-09-2008, 11:37 AM
What could possibly go wrong? I picture epic success in your future.

I need bail money. Anyone?

jrod
12-09-2008, 11:44 AM
After all this, Randomname is going to come up with a new user name and post the same question again.

Probably already there...but Woodrow, as we all know, it may be easy to get a new user name but it's damn near impossible to totally divorce yourself from....well, yourself.

jgn1013
12-09-2008, 12:07 PM
This is probably the funniest thread I've read in a while...

Thanks "Randomname"

JohnS
12-09-2008, 12:49 PM
and...

BUMP!

smoothtennis
12-09-2008, 12:55 PM
...but it's damn near impossible to totally divorce yourself from....well, yourself.

Quote of the day. Well said Jrod

JohnS
12-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Moderator: I request to 'STICKEY' both threads for the following reasons:

1. It is very entertaining...
2. It teaches the moral of right and wrong
3. It is also an advertisement for TTW for more people to buy Adida's BV
4. It promotes honest play for all tennis players.
5. It teaches us how to deal with immoral people.
6. It teaches us how to 'screw' the white collar folks.
7. It was able to distract me from my studies (2 exams on thursday).
8. This is a Milestone: Randonname's last possible thread/post we'll ever see.
9. I predict that the two thread's will show up for many years and referenced so why not just have it be on the top of the other threads.
10. It wasn't "ANOTHER" thread about Federer, Nadal, Roddick, Donald Young, GOAT, etc....

bet
12-09-2008, 01:44 PM

Let's give him advice on how to make it work because there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. They factor the costs of shoplifting into the shoe you know. Plus, they can just write if off in their taxes.

PS. JohnS is right, this should be a sticky, sort of like this boards version of a "shame the johns" program. lol.

rafael17_13@hotmail.com
12-09-2008, 02:32 PM
haha your the guy that tried to rip off Adidas with shoes lol jeeze your good, anyways if the guy was cheating you should cheat back and if he starts talking back and say get a line judge but don't just go off and tell on him and get a line judge

jgn1013
12-10-2008, 05:25 AM
PS. JohnS is right, this should be a sticky, sort of like this boards version of a "shame the johns" program. lol.

I agree...

drakulie
12-10-2008, 06:04 AM
^^^^I'm in too. Very entertaining this thread. :)

jrod
12-10-2008, 07:41 AM
ok, I'll throw my vote in...for Drak under the category of "best animated thread response ever"