Shiro
02-17-2005, 11:59 AM
Robby Ginepri beat Mardy Fish 6-1 7-5

Rabbit
02-17-2005, 12:16 PM
Damn, the American lost again.

Rabbit
02-17-2005, 12:17 PM
But wait! There is good news! The American won!

ragnaROK
02-17-2005, 01:00 PM
You're a funny guy Rabbit.

Either Ginepri is playing better or Fish is stinking it up.

Kaptain Karl
02-17-2005, 01:19 PM
[KK's Rule: Read every Rabbit post twice. That way you don't fall in his traps.]

So which was it? Did Ginepri play really well? Or did Fish stink?

- KK

HeavyBall
02-17-2005, 01:49 PM
Fish always stink.

Haka Boy
02-17-2005, 04:36 PM
Yep I agree with you HeavyBall, Fish always "stinks" He's a choker, always has been and always will.

I've never got over his mother hiring a cheer squad to root for him in the US Open. Fancy having to pay for someone to cheer your son on.

david aames
02-17-2005, 04:46 PM
Not too different from your neighbor Hewitt giving tickets to a bunch of college frat boys for cheering him up in Melbourne... At lease they got to dress as fishes.

I've never got over his mother hiring a cheer squad to root for him in the US Open. Fancy having to pay for someone to cheer your son on.

Haka Boy
02-17-2005, 04:52 PM
Totally agree with you David, both Hewitt and Fish are total dick heads.

Balboa
02-17-2005, 04:54 PM
Not too different from your neighbor Hewitt giving tickets to a bunch of college frat boys for cheering him up in Melbourne... At lease they got to dress as fishes.

Don't bust on Hewitt! Hewitt could beat Fish easily in any match. The only Americans that are actually "tennis players" are Roddick and the Bryans.(Agassi doesn't count just because I am talking about the young guns.) The other Americans are just very disappointing speaking as an American myself.

Haka Boy
02-17-2005, 05:12 PM
Yes I agree, Hewitt would beat Fish easily in any match but I'm thinking your harsh about thinking the other Americans are disappointing. In todays standards to even have an atp ranking is a credit.

Speaking as a kiwi, jeez I wish we had someone ranked in the top 100.

Cfidave
02-18-2005, 03:59 AM
I would like to see Marty Fish realize his talents, but I think he may be one of the biggest " head cases" out there. This guy has top 10 potential. It is a shame he can't get it together mentally.

BLiND
02-18-2005, 04:02 AM
lol marty fish... if only his name was so normal

Rabbit
02-18-2005, 06:05 AM
Totally agree with you David, both Hewitt and Fish are total dick heads.

Surely we can communicate on a higher level than this.

Kaptain Karl
02-18-2005, 08:26 AM
The only Americans that are actually "tennis players" are Roddick and the Bryans.(Agassi doesn't count just because I am talking about the young guns.) The other Americans are just very disappointing speaking as an American myself.You "think with your heart" too much, friend.
#1 - A lot of people have lost a lot of bets cuz they prematurely "counted Andre out."
#2 - There's always another US "Young Gun" trying to bust into the top 20.
#3 - I *have* pretty much labelled Fish, Ginepri and Dent as "head cases." But I'm not ready to give up on Blake, yet....

- KK

baseliner
02-18-2005, 08:50 AM
Go ahead and give up on Blake. Seems to always have a physical problem. Other than Roddick only great hope on the current horizon may be Dent. And that would be a "maybe". Agree Ginepri, Fish and JMG aren't top 10. Donald Young? Too early to say, but he doesn't seem to ahve a big weapon to build his game on.

Haka Boy
02-18-2005, 09:26 AM
Sorry Rabbit for my "aussie/kiwi" slang in calling Fish & Hewitt ********s.

In keeping with your wishes to communicate on a higher level I should have referred to them as simply "mentally challenged"

Still I thought I was displaying some sort of etiquette on this board because I really wanted to call them both "whackers".

To save you all wondering what this means,

Whacker, whacka : Idiot; somebody who talks drivel; is full of themselves: somebody with whom you have little patience; a loser; ********

Rabbit
02-18-2005, 09:58 AM
Sorry Rabbit for my "aussie/kiwi" slang in calling Fish & Hewitt ********s.

In keeping with your wishes to communicate on a higher level I should have referred to them as simply "mentally challenged"

Still I thought I was displaying some sort of etiquette on this board because I really wanted to call them both "whackers".

To save you all wondering what this means,

Whacker, whacka : Idiot; somebody who talks drivel; is full of themselves: somebody with whom you have little patience; a loser; ********

LMAO....

Mentally challenged???? naw, I think ******** probably does fit better.

I was just pulling your chain....

Haka Boy
02-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Thanks Rabbit, so "dick heads" they are!

Still i wonder if the true aussie slang of "wankers" is more appropriate?

Rabbit
02-18-2005, 01:41 PM
Then I guess wanker is analogous to the Southern tallywhacker?

Haka Boy
02-18-2005, 03:24 PM
I'm not familiar with the southern term tallywhacker?

Rabbit
02-19-2005, 11:44 AM
It's a pleasantry usually applied to little boys and their first toys.

Haka Boy
02-19-2005, 12:45 PM
well that has both words with about the same meaning then.................