PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here play squash???

cantaloupe
02-21-2004, 06:22 PM
Hi,
its winter and here in canada its too cold to play tennis, so I've been playing squash with a vengence. :P

Does anyone know of a good squash website or forum around the internet, where I can learn about techniques and choosing racquets and such???

btw, squash players are in awe of my tennis honed serve, they flail helplessly at my serve and hit nothing but air, its so fast :lol: . Also I find I am a lot faster than many squash players from playing lots of tennis.

Stinkdyr
02-25-2004, 07:15 AM
if you are quicker around the squash court than most squash players you are hitting with, then you need to step up a level. I promise you, if you find decent squashers, you won't be moving around their court nearly as well as they.

Stinkdyr
02-25-2004, 07:18 AM
here are a couple of sites for you: http://www.guide-to-squash.org/wm/pages/gam1/nico.html
http://forums.us-squash.org/viewtopic.php?t=252

@wright
02-25-2004, 07:53 AM
If you have decent tennis strokes you can kill non tennis playing racquetball and ping pong players. Good tennis mechanics let you punish the ball and keep it in with topspin. It just wrecks your tennis game if you play tennis after playing one of the others, so I stay away from them.

danieljss
02-25-2004, 07:56 AM
yep, i play both.

i find squash helps the tennis side of things quite a bit, in terms of reaction time, speed and stamina. I actually like to play a game of squash before playing tennis as it seems to warm me up nicely, the tennis racquet feels much lighter.

NoBadMojo
02-25-2004, 10:50 AM
i used to play most racquet sports including squash...and platform tennis and even badmitton which when played reasonably well is exhausting and a blast. i think the other racquet sports can help your tennis game provided you dont use strokes specific to each game and stick more w. your tennis strokes (ie dont hit wristy in racquetball)..it sure improves your reaction time. i think tennis is a little unique in that spin comes into play far more so than the others (maybe except for table tennis), so it has that addition dimension and variety. they're all fun to me. Ed