PDA

View Full Version : volkl v engine tour 10 impressions

andreas75
03-31-2004, 04:12 PM
hi guys i recently tried the tour 10 v engine and would like other user s impressions cause personaly i think it doesnt hit good spin it is mostly a flat stroke raq.

Also a bit unstable compared to volkl tour 10 mid that v throat is a bit strange and imho it is also powerful than its predecesor too

i dont know why it seems so hard to put spin with the v engine.

For serving and volleys it is superior no doubt.

thanks guys

andreas

tomc
03-31-2004, 09:24 PM
i just switched from the tour 10 mid to the v-engine 10 this past week. i am having no problem generating spin with the v, but i am used to the dense string pattern.
it does seem to be a little stiffer than the tour 10, it also doesn't seem to like the luxilons (alu) as much as the tour. personally, i had been liking the flexible frame/stiff string combo, but it just doesn't give me the same feel with the v. based on that experience i put bab tonic on my second frame today and i think i achieved some some sort of buttery nirvana (very ni-ceh).
also don't have any instability problems with the v. like the tour 10, it is very easy on the arm.
there does seem to be a slight bit of extra pop on the serves and volleys compared to my tour 10's.
tomc

fuzzy balls
04-03-2004, 08:29 PM
I demoed 10 V and 9 V along with estusa pb.I felt the volkls were cheaply made....they buzz and feel tinny.Estusa pb was much more solid and reliable(similar to wilson tour 90).

kreative
04-03-2004, 10:26 PM
tour 10 v-engine felt more stable than the tour 10. slightly more power, larger and more foregiving sweetspot, solid on groundies, good spin even w/ dense pattern (thou i also don't have problems generating spin on 18x20 racquets). like other tour 10 series, it didn't really shine in any particular area, but was more of an above average all around performer. i didn't like the "clang" noise it made on dig volleys or low chips when the racquet made slight contact w/ the ground.

baselined
04-03-2004, 10:58 PM
I thought the Tour 10 V Engine was one of the better spin generating racquets. I played with the PS 90 and the V engine 10 back to back and the V-Engine outplayed the PS 90 by far. I was quite inpressed with the T10 V-Engine