PDA

View Full Version : Free Scottsdale tickets, must wear Hockey Jersey

MNJ
02-18-2005, 07:00 AM
http://wcco.com/water/watercooler_story_049081759.html

The Scottsdale tournament is offering free tickets (500 day and 500 night tickets) to the first 500 fans that wears the Phoenix Coyotes hockey jersey.

raftermania
02-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Provide free plane tickets from Canada too??? :)

WW Volley
02-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Provide free plane tickets from Canada too??? :)

No kidding, that would be great. I must have 8 jerseys in my closet, but alas, no Coyotes. I wonder if a Winnipeg Jets jersey would count.

Where you from in Ontario, raftermania? Also, kudos on the name, Rafter was my favorite.

raftermania
02-18-2005, 04:01 PM
Yeah wouldn't that be a sweet deal? I live around Toronto.

Zen Tennis Student? You've read The Inner Game of Tennis no doubt right?

WW Volley
02-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Yeah wouldn't that be a sweet deal? I live around Toronto.

Zen Tennis Student? You've read The Inner Game of Tennis no doubt right?

I was in Toronto this summer and I loved it. Great area. And I finally got to see the hockey hall of fame! I made sure I picked up a Leafs jersey before I left to remember the city by... that, and I miss having Belfour on the Stars.

Actually, I've never read that book. I do tend to read a lot of books involving meditation and the like, though. I've had a lot of success using visualization techniques with tennis, as well as incoperating calm breathing and perspectives. It all sounds kinda dorky, but I swear there are great benefits. A lot of the high school girls I've worked with have a million things going on in their lives, that sometimes practicing tennis (especially when it's not going as they'd like) is a real chore. So when I explain a few simple breathing ideas and a little mental gameplan, it goes a long way. That's far more than you asked for, but I think it clears up my name. =)

What's the story behind that book?

goober
02-18-2005, 07:52 PM
Here's the entry list. Not a lot of the bigger names, but should be a fun tourney to watch.

Scottsdale
1 Haas, Tommy GER 16
2 Spadea, Vincent USA 19
3 Ancic, Mario CRO 29
4 Dent, Taylor USA 30
5 Malisse, Xavier BEL 47
6 Saulnier, Cyril FRA 55
7 Labadze, Irakli GEO 74
8 Tursunov, Dmitry RUS 76
9 Hernych, Jan CZE 78
10 Carlsen, Kenneth DEN 81
11 Lu, Yen-Hsun TPE 85
12 Kim, Kevin USA 86
13 Kohlschreiber, Philipp GER 88
14 Gambill, Jan-Michael USA 93
15 Morrison, Jeff USA 95
16 Blake, James USA 96
17 Burgsmuller, Lars GER 99
18 Arthurs, Wayne AUS 103
19 Vliegen, Kristof BEL 105
20 Clement, Arnaud FRA 106
21 Gimelstob, Justin USA @107
22 Philippoussis, Mark AUS 110
23 Saretta, Flavio BRA 111
24 (SE)
25 (SE)
26 (WC)
27 (WC)
28 (WC)
29 (Q)
30 (Q)
31 (Q)
32 (Q)

Alternates
1. Sanguinetti, Davide ITA 115
2. Rochus, Christophe BEL 116
3. Vanek, Jiri CZE 119
4. Tipsarevic, Janko SCG 120
5. Elseneer, Gilles BEL 121
6. Phau, Bjorn GER 123
7. Bogomolov Jr., Alex USA 124
8. Heuberger, Ivo SUI 128
9. Chiudinelli, Marco SUI 129
10. Ramirez Hidalgo, Ruben ESP 131
11. Mahut, Nicolas FRA 133
12. Lapentti, Giovanni ECU 134
13. Behrend, Tomas GER 135
14. Waske, Alexander GER 136
15. Peya, Alexander AUT 137

goober
02-18-2005, 07:54 PM
BTW TTC bought it and it is now called the Tennis Channel Open :)

lol

raftermania
02-18-2005, 08:14 PM
I was in Toronto this summer and I loved it. Great area. And I finally got to see the hockey hall of fame! I made sure I picked up a Leafs jersey before I left to remember the city by... that, and I miss having Belfour on the Stars.

Actually, I've never read that book. I do tend to read a lot of books involving meditation and the like, though. I've had a lot of success using visualization techniques with tennis, as well as incoperating calm breathing and perspectives. It all sounds kinda dorky, but I swear there are great benefits. A lot of the high school girls I've worked with have a million things going on in their lives, that sometimes practicing tennis (especially when it's not going as they'd like) is a real chore. So when I explain a few simple breathing ideas and a little mental gameplan, it goes a long way. That's far more than you asked for, but I think it clears up my name. =)

What's the story behind that book?

Yeah, you'll love "The Inner Game of Tennis" then. The writer, Tim Gallewey (sp?) got his inspiration from a zen book on archery. The basic premise is to allow your body to play "automatically" without forcing anything. Definitely worth a read, it's been in publication for a while now and you can probably find a copy of it at your local library. Billie Jean King called it her "Tennis Bible" which says a lot.

I'm sure you are pooing your pants over this pathetic NHL lockout and the recent cancellation. It's really bad up here, these dang Canadian sports channels cover nothing but the latest revelations of the talks and conferences.

It was my first time at the hall of fame last year too. The amount of jerseys they have there is absurb. The funniest one was the Middle Eastern team, the Dubai Camels. Also, seeing the Stanley cup was a very shiny experience.

If only tennis were as big as hockey in Canada *sigh* :mrgreen: