PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Cell Phones - LG Dare vs. LG Voyager

bluetrain4
12-19-2008, 08:33 AM
I finally upgraded my phone (I'm not a tech guy at all) and it came down to the Dare and the Voyager. I chose the Dare, but have 30 days to return and exchange it for "only" $35 dollars (so I wouldn't really have to play above what I already pay since the Voyager is about $35 less to start).

Anway, my friend who works at Verizon sold me on the Dare, saying that it's better in most ways, except texting (analog vs. virtual keyboard). I don't text a ton, so I went with the Dare.

Thoughts, experiences?

Tchocky
12-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Why didn't you get the Blackberry Storm?

Racer41c
12-19-2008, 03:34 PM
To me, the flip open phones that you have to use 2 hands to text are bad. I'd rather have the ability to text with one hand, so I can hold the tennis racquet in the other. But that's just me:oops:

PopWar
12-19-2008, 04:48 PM
None of the above. GSM preferred

vbranis
12-20-2008, 01:28 PM
I need to upgrade, too. My current cell phone is turning 3 years old now. I need something on a Verizon plan, and the Dare does look pretty cool. How's the web browser on it?

bluetrain4
12-23-2008, 01:57 PM
I need to upgrade, too. My current cell phone is turning 3 years old now. I need something on a Verizon plan, and the Dare does look pretty cool. How's the web browser on it?

The web browser is pretty dismal. Connectivity is fine and it's easy to navigate, but all you can really do easily is view pages. Difficult to click on links and really difficult to enter text into any field. So checking the weather or sports scores is easy enough, but forget about doing anything substantial like booking an airline ticket.

The virtual keyboard is kind of driving me crazy. I love the touch screen for all of the other functions though, just not texting. It's certainly better than my old clam-shell phone, where I could only text using the regular non-QWERTY keyboard, but a full analog QWERTY keyboard would be better. So, it's a matter of how much texting you do.

Camera is great quality for a cell phone. Nice solid weight and feel. Overall I've enjoyed the Dare the few days I've had it, but am still considering a change.

Verizon always has such a dearth of good phones. The Samsung Glyde is a disaster - and that's coming from Verizon employees themselves.